Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 10-23-2009, 03:52 PM
UJM
Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Vento, they've put some real crap on the market.

Wonder if this one will be any good, looks sweet, but I'm still not keen on the Chinese engines.......

And frames, etc - Vento, don't they import all the parts from China and sub-assemble them here?

Vento, I think of this POS when that name is mentioned -

post #3 of 26 Old 10-23-2009, 03:53 PM
UJM
Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation 

That naked commuter sure looks sweeeeeeet though!!!

The engine seems modular in design, could a four and even a six be far behind?

post #4 of 26 Old 10-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Looks like a blast, who really needs a litre bike for commuting anyway?
The Derby looks interesting too

Dan
post #5 of 26 Old 10-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Sike

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooridr View Post
Looks like a blast, who really needs a litre bike for commuting anyway?
The Derby looks interesting too
Is that a seat or a tongue? And, if it is a tongue, well..............

post #6 of 26 Old 10-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Self proclaimed idiot....

Someone sure has a hard on for spokes.. Something that disappeared in the industry over 20 years ago..

That says to me that everything else on the machine should be as reliable as a Bultaco in the rain.

post #7 of 26 Old 10-23-2009, 07:16 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Getting flashbacks of my red 2005 SV650 when I look at that tank.

post #8 of 26 Old 10-24-2009, 07:45 AM
rider

Not that I am a fan of Vento but this is the type/style bike that needs to be available for our sport's entry level riders. If more bikes like this were available from the established manufacturers then we wouldn't see as many 17-20 yr old riders with little experience and less common sense riding high performance sport bikes. Lower initial investment, lower insurance costs, and they would find out that you can have fun riding just about anything with two wheels.

But that's just my opinion.

post #9 of 26 Old 10-25-2009, 12:04 PM
speed limits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border View Post
Someone sure has a hard on for spokes.. Something that disappeared in the industry over 20 years ago..

That says to me that everything else on the machine should be as reliable as a Bultaco in the rain.
they use spokes so that it's lighter... that way you can hit 55 mph on the downhill stretches of road

post #10 of 26 Old 10-26-2009, 06:59 PM

I don't like the origin, but I like the concept. I have a lightweight 400cc bike that I use for around town, but it's a motard with a thumper motor that makes the same horses as that triple. I suppose the triple would be smoother though.

I don't understand the issue some people have with wire-spoked wheels, especially since they look appropriate for that bike.

post #11 of 26 Old 10-26-2009, 07:13 PM
not cro-magnon

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border View Post

Bultaco in the rain... funny, really funny. (former Bultaco owner)

"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
post #12 of 26 Old 10-27-2009, 09:26 AM
I Love Parallel Twins

That Derby looks like it would be a winner, they'd sell a bunch of em to college kids if the price were right. There are alot of cool machines around the world that we don't see over here.
It kind of reminds me of a MadAss scooter. The seat on that Derby does look like a Rolling Stones logo laid flat.
Seems it would be popular with the ladies, of course for it's lite weight and bicycle design!
I don't trust the sh, er, stuff coming out of China right now but just like when I was kid, stuff made in Japan used to have crappy quality but look at it now!
Remember back when all the top shelf stuff used to come from the USA?

post #13 of 26 Old 10-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Unbannable

User review of 2006 Vento V-Thunder XL

"I bought two of these bikes, both of which are junk. Mine has about 900 miles on it and already the seat broke; the high beam headlights do not work unless you hold down the switch; bolts are falling off and welds are breaking. The front fender fell off and hit my leg while I was riding at top speed (55-60). Good luck trying to find neutral in the rattle trap gearbox. The one I bought for my wife has about 400 miles on it, it has a fuel leak on the tank, a broken turn signal, the saddle bags are falling off, and the battery drains down overnight. They have yet to do anything about any of the problems we are having with the two piece-of-junk bikes that they sold me."

post #14 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 02:09 PM
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

I like the idea, but it's unfortunate that a "quality company" doesn't make it. Entry-level riders need to be enticed with moderate power and decent looks, but I wouldn't even consider buying one of these; it reminds me of the cheap Chinese garbage you see being sold at the sporting good and auto parts stores.

post #15 of 26 Old 02-05-2010, 02:08 AM
'evening Bruce

According to a local mag here in Aus (AMCN), the Vento 400GT will be hitting your shores for $US3750. Not sure how that price stacks up to other "entry" level bikes there though.

Just curious, when first getting your license in the States, are you restricted for a period of time or can you choose your weapon of choice from the get go?

post #16 of 26 Old 02-05-2010, 02:46 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Boycott Chink junk.

post #17 of 26 Old 02-05-2010, 05:55 AM
Ballaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Boycott Chink junk.
lol thats great. so i guess you have nothing in your house made in china? i guess you drive an american car that is built outside of this country too? you do realize that the stuff people associate with china, honda, subaru, toyota, etc. . . are all made in the US, giving people jobs? you cant just say "boycott chink junk" its not like that anymore

post #18 of 26 Old 02-05-2010, 08:07 AM
CG

Quote:
Originally Posted by agitator View Post
According to a local mag here in Aus (AMCN), the Vento 400GT will be hitting your shores for $US3750. Not sure how that price stacks up to other "entry" level bikes there though.

Just curious, when first getting your license in the States, are you restricted for a period of time or can you choose your weapon of choice from the get go?
It might depend on what state you live in but here in MD, you can buy and tag whatever you want.

post #19 of 26 Old 02-05-2010, 10:09 AM
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by agitator View Post
Unfortunately, it's not a stepped program like most of the rest of the world. The day you get your driver's license (age 16) you can go buy a Hayabusa or 1000RR of your choice and total it at high speed as you exit the dealer parking lot.
I had friends in hight school that got Interceptor 1000s for graduation presents (I'm dating myself now...), and they wrecked them a couple times in the first week and had totalled the bikes within two weeks.
Every time I walk into the local dealership there's a kid sitting on an R1 or a GSXR 1000 saying "Man, this is the one I want" and the mom or dad is standing next to them saying "Well, you get your license in a few months, we'll see..." Call me old, but I absolutely cringe every single time I see that.

post #20 of 26 Old 02-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Unbannable

Stepped programs are gay. Sorry, I like the old school parenting method, or in worst case they learn the hard way.

post #21 of 26 Old 02-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Ballaholic

i cant wait til the US inserts a stepped license program. weed out all the squids and people who are only riding cause its "cool". how many 40yo wana be bikers are going to ride a 250 for a year? none. how many 17yo kids with too much hair gel will ride a 250 for a year? none. i really hope they put it into place

post #22 of 26 Old 02-06-2010, 07:30 AM
Immune

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoney View Post
The day you get your driver's license (age 16) you can go buy a Hayabusa or 1000RR of your choice and total it at high speed as you exit the dealer parking lot.
You don't even need a license to go buy whatever you want. I know a couple of guys that rode for years without a license. They continually renewed their learner permits and just rode like that because they were always riding with at least one other licensed rider. I never understood why it was easier to renew the permit instead of just taking the road test, but that's what they did...

post #23 of 26 Old 02-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post
Stepped programs are gay. Sorry, I like the old school parenting method, or in worst case they learn the hard way.
+1 as usual.

post #24 of 26 Old 02-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post
There is so much wrong with that statement that I can't even be bothered responding to it - I only hope it is a piss-take.

Still having said that, I have enjoyed some time watching idiots on You-tube totally their new CBR/GSXR's etc in the USA trying to ride then - all the time wearing the classic American safety gear - sneakers, baggy jeans and a T-shirt ............

Seriously guys it is about time the world instigated some form of breeding licence - you have to pass it before you are allow to be a parent. Have you noticed that the idiots of the world always appear to have twice as many kids as everyone else - globally the gene-pool is getting dumber and dumber .....

As a side note I was watching some 'American Idol' last night - hell the heck can so many thousands of kids actually believe they are good singers when they really sound like two cats mating? TV - it's bad for you!

post #25 of 26 Old 02-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Philanthropist

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

My 919 is my naked commuter.

No thanks on the Chinese bike.

post #26 of 26 Old 02-06-2010, 06:35 PM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet919 View Post
i cant wait til the US inserts a stepped license program. weed out all the squids and people who are only riding cause its "cool". how many 40yo wana be bikers are going to ride a 250 for a year? none. how many 17yo kids with too much hair gel will ride a 250 for a year? none. i really hope they put it into place
Squids? People who only ride because they think it's cool? Pbssst! No such thing!

How about the guys who put LED lights all over their bike just so the cops can find them easier?

Press Any Key To Continue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode