exhausts question for you guys.. - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 26 Old 06-24-2007, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Not Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

exhausts question for you guys..

Hello.. 9er's Im new as you can c but I wanted to run this by you before I bought anything...

What do you think of these slip-ons and do you see any reason they would not fit my 06 ..

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...9--501570.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 06-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Optio

There's a few people on here that use them and from what I've read seem to be fairly happy with them.

Not anywhere near as popular as the SATO's are.

post #3 of 26 Old 06-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Me, thas who.

Awards Showcase
BOTM 
Total Awards: 1

Let me save everyone else the trouble of having to reply to this post:

"You should search for other exhaust posts (there are some helpful ones) and Sato are the only good exhausts that exist."

I agree on the first point, the second is really up to you and your experience with them. A lot of people make statements about things they have no experience with, so beware.

Good luck, you'll get lots of "opinions".

post #4 of 26 Old 06-24-2007, 09:03 PM

A lot of people here "love" the Satos... My bike came with Two Brothers... I bought the bike with only 200 miles on it. The Two Brothers exhaust is nearly 2 years old... people on this forum really "hate" my exhaust... they say they are "junk"... I have to reply that after two years they still look brand new... I took them off and put original back on (bought on ebay for $50) because I like a quiet ride... Sure, the freeflow is not the same, but the quietness is most enjoyable! I would say that the only fault of the Two Brothers is that they are just two loud... if I was 20 years old it would be really cool, but I am old enough to think that they are overly bothersome... but again, I would not say anything bad about the quality of the craftsmanship for the buck. If expectations are kept within reason of price, the Two Brothers works well... but only if you like it LOUD!

post #5 of 26 Old 06-24-2007, 09:13 PM

I'm very happy with my Leo Vince system. It replaces everything from the head pipe back, including the collector (Y-Pipe) where the OEM catalytic converter resides. I really don't think you could find better build quality and they actually answered all my questions via email in a timely manner. The price is more than reasonable for the what you get.

post #6 of 26 Old 06-25-2007, 02:57 AM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

On the heels of tpirman's post, how about if I speak for myself on the virtues of Sato cans.

I'm running Satos on the 919. Aside from the stock cans, I don't have experience with other cans on this bike.

I do, however, have experience with Two Brothers, Staintunes, Cobra, Yoshi's, and V&H on other bikes. So if my "opinion" is not qualified for the 919, forgive me, but the Satos are about as nice as you can get for price, quality, fit, finish, and performance.

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #7 of 26 Old 06-25-2007, 04:29 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Yoshi's are decent cans. IMO Kneedraggers on the other hand is questionable. In the early days they were very customer oriented, unfortunately that statement does not hold true today. This is especially true for non sportbike parts.

post #8 of 26 Old 06-25-2007, 08:35 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 

You have a pic of your Leo Vince set up sylas?

'02 Honda 919 - She's the only one for me!

post #9 of 26 Old 06-25-2007, 09:56 AM
919, CRF250X, LC4, CB400F

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05919er View Post
A lot of people here "love" the Satos... My bike came with Two Brothers... I bought the bike with only 200 miles on it. The Two Brothers exhaust is nearly 2 years old... people on this forum really "hate" my exhaust... they say they are "junk"... I have to reply that after two years they still look brand new... I took them off and put original back on (bought on ebay for $50) because I like a quiet ride... Sure, the freeflow is not the same, but the quietness is most enjoyable! I would say that the only fault of the Two Brothers is that they are just two loud... if I was 20 years old it would be really cool, but I am old enough to think that they are overly bothersome... but again, I would not say anything bad about the quality of the craftsmanship for the buck. If expectations are kept within reason of price, the Two Brothers works well... but only if you like it LOUD!
I used to think the same thing, but after the weld mount broke on my stash system I'm going to have to admit that the quality is low with their products.

I do honestly like the look of the right side only high mount exhaust though!

Obsession is a word the lazy use to define the dedicated.
post #10 of 26 Old 06-25-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugs View Post
You have a pic of your Leo Vince set up sylas?
Not at present. I found my (not cheap) camera with about 60 photos shot by my five year old on it. Now both memory cards have gone missing. Love them kids!

In the meantime I'm attaching the diagram the Leo Vince USA sent me when I inquired about what to expect if I ordered the system. Everything was neatly packed and individually bagged. They even include little machine screws and nuts to plug the hole where the silencer baffle bolts in. Here's a post with some pics before I installed them. The cans have the logo stickers on them but they also include metal logo badges, along with pop rivets, that you can install yourself. Even a handy tool to install the springs.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DT-6360.pdf (153.6 KB, 44 views)

post #11 of 26 Old 06-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Beware of buying anything from Kneedraggers. Look at their policy on defective merchandise. They will give you the number to the manufacturer and send you on your way. They were far from helpful in my experience and did not even pay for my return shipping, but did let me know if I did not ship the old part back at my expense, they would charge my credit card for a second part.

What a bunch of crooks!

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
post #12 of 26 Old 06-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaf4iguy View Post
Beware of buying anything from Kneedraggers.
I have to agree. I used to be a big fan of KD. But my last two orders had problems. I'm liking cyclegear, bikebandit, and ronayers these days.

2009 Honda Goldwing
post #13 of 26 Old 06-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation 

i've had great luck with ronayers and service honda
had problems with bikebandit when ordering Duc parts and they do not have a telephone # for cust svc! online chat only.

post #14 of 26 Old 06-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Cornicen

My Satos are getting loose where the carbon connects to the stainless in the front of the can, and I have lost two rivets. They still look bitchin and sound even better.

Motorusher formally known as DirtySanchez919.
post #15 of 26 Old 06-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Erion slip-on's are (according to the article below) supposed to be good. I don't know from personal experience, just read this article.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/12jul...919update.html

post #16 of 26 Old 06-25-2007, 06:31 PM

Yoshimura's TRS

I have these on my motorcycle and I love them. They sound great. Not to loud and not to quite. The newer ones like mine have baffles in them so you have 2 sounds to choice from. If you ride with the baffles in they sound about as loud as a bafflectomy and when pulled out even louder. If you can find some like in the link above I don't think they have beffles but you can ask here to see if anyone has the older models with the turndowns to see if they have baffles. I don't see screws holding the end caps on like mine. I have attached pictures of the newer model.

Oh, for you guys that have seen my bike, you will notice the rear blinkers are now integrated into the tail/brake light. I added the Integrator Kit made by Lockhart Phillips. It uses the factory brake and tail light and integrates the blinkers. The brake light can either flash or stay on solid. It makes the tail end look much cleaner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00922.jpg (185.6 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00924.jpg (174.2 KB, 77 views)

post #17 of 26 Old 06-25-2007, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Not Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

thx guys very helpful.. and nice pics Thump ...looks nice

post #18 of 26 Old 06-26-2007, 06:11 AM

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Yoshi's. Not loud enough. V&H on the Sportster. Good. Removed baffles on the RD400. Good.

LPSL, huh LDH?

This could be good......

Semper Fi, and drone on, freaks....

post #19 of 26 Old 06-26-2007, 06:29 AM
Primus Pilus

Garage
The Yosh single can on my bike is pretty nice. Not too loud, not too quiet. It's at the perfect sound level where it isn't obnoxious, but I can still tell when the motor is running unlike the stock exhaust. Quality seems pretty decent to me.

2002 919 40,000 miles
"racing is life...everything else is just waiting"
post #20 of 26 Old 06-26-2007, 06:35 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thump View Post
Oh, for you guys that have seen my bike, you will notice the rear blinkers are now integrated into the tail/brake light. I added the Integrator Kit made by Lockhart Phillips. It uses the factory brake and tail light and integrates the blinkers. The brake light can either flash or stay on solid. It makes the tail end look much cleaner.
I wish you had posted before you bought.

Lockhart Phillips Taillight Integrator Kit $44.99 MSRP $49.99

Hoppy Intergrator: $14 at any auto parts store.

post #21 of 26 Old 06-26-2007, 01:10 PM

Thanks MisterMike, I didn't even think about it. It was pretty much straight forward to install and the tail looks much better.

post #22 of 26 Old 06-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Tirone

My opinion is Sato.

I purchased the Yoshi TRS and Scorpion and did not like either of them. Finally got the Sato's on and love them.

I ordered the Sato's from DanKyle.
Stay away from 58cycle IMHO.

post #23 of 26 Old 06-26-2007, 09:14 PM

Take the baffles out of the Yoshi's and they're plenty loud. I ended up putting them back in recently because, even with earplugs, they were getting on my nerves. Yeah, I'm old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmears View Post
Yoshi's. Not loud enough. V&H on the Sportster. Good. Removed baffles on the RD400. Good.

LPSL, huh LDH?

This could be good......

Semper Fi, and drone on, freaks....

post #24 of 26 Old 06-27-2007, 03:29 AM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase

eno45 - I'm running Satos but I've heard some good things about Yoshi's on the 919. What didn't you like about them?

2009 Honda Goldwing
post #25 of 26 Old 06-27-2007, 01:27 PM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 

My carbon fiber Sato's just arrived today, can't wait to get out of the office and home to the garage!

post #26 of 26 Old 06-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
eno45 - I'm running Satos but I've heard some good things about Yoshi's on the 919. What didn't you like about them?
Sure they are descent but the set I got where somewhere around a 1" shorter then the other. Made it look very unbalanced. I had to install one further off the y pipe then the other. Left a ugly gap. I am the type to like things to fit well especially for something that isn't needed on my bike and costs alot.

I also didn't like how they lined up in the rear, I couldn't get the triangle shaped cans to look even. However I had a similar issue with both Scorpion & Sato. Round shaped cans make for the easiest install since round is round no matter how you twist it. Triangle and Oval have to been installed with even more attention if you want a clean balanced look. IMO.

They sold me exhaust that was not advertised on their website. Short stubby exhaust tip that could not except inserts. They sold me the insert as well but I couldn't use it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode