Evening & Easter morning with a renewed love - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 14 Old 04-09-2012, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
What's a 919?

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Evening & Easter morning with a renewed love

I was going to add these pics to the 'tank repair/paint job' post but thought I'd give the Naked section a little more lovin'.
Anyway, if you've been following, the dent in my tank has been repaired and I spent the last week painting. I finished Saturday evening and decided to take her out for a spin downtown trying to find some gazes and city lights to bathe her new skin in. It worked.

I've always loved my 919. From the moment I first sat on it in Brownsburg, IN, the bike just felt completely right and has the pertinent occasional excitement to keep me in love. Much like putting on your old favorite pair of jeans or finding a $20 in the pocket of your winter coat. Though not the best in handling or power, it is a still a great bike for me and this machine has taken me so many places and through so much beautiful countryside. Hell, it's arguable that without this bike being bought nearly 4 years ago, I would have never met a lot of the people I consider great friends, nor would you all be privileged to know of me on a few forums. (some, I'm sure, may argue) haha

Anyway, I put some time and patience into making my motorcycle beautiful again and I am proud of it. Not professional by far, but I still love the new paint scheme and somewhat hearkening vintage style it further exudes. A style I believe the 919 is beginning to emulate, even more so after a few more years with more and more models of the pimple-faced transformer bikes flooding the market. (just my opinion)

A favorite place of mine in Lex; 'Table three ten' has extra-ordinary food in Lex's historic district.

For some reason the new vintage paint job looks a bit better when pictured with rustic old things....maybe it's just me

So, I went out last night, riding around downtown Lexington trying to find some nice photo opportunities. I felt so much better about the bike I was riding, now that the dent was gone. The complimentary turning of heads were nearly as flattering as the soft glow of city lights on her new skin. The Spring weather was a perfectly mild 65 as the sun went down, breaking it's orange hue into saturated streams of light on the roads scattered by the taller buildings. I swear you could see the rays bleed through in solid defiance to the approaching night in between the city blocks. It was magical.

Screwing around in photoshop. Two different edits on the same pic

I've recently discovered some of the better things that Lexington's small downtown has to offer. A few absolutely fantastic restaurants, a few great bars, an architecturally rich historic area, and a recently new budding brewery scene. Though for last night, the soft glowing hue of the historic Kentucky Theater on Main Street gave a perfect backdrop for some lovely lighting.

The night ended with some fun and I was up for a Sunday morning ride to church today.

With the weather being absolutely sublime this whole weekend, I decided to ride my new found love to Easter service this morning. Bright sunlight, a soft breeze, scents of newly budded flowers, lavender, and mild pollen was in the air. Women dressed in bright pastel sun-dresses were in surplus, complimenting the natural beauty with the physical. The service was over and I learned that riding to church while wearing an unbuttoned suit coat on your motorcycle not only grants you a lot of fun looks, but makes you feel like you are wearing a cape...

Springtime at Keeneland.

After the service I made my way around Lexington again, not wanting to dismiss the perfect weather. Recently open for its Spring meets, Keeneland proved to be empty enough for some great photo opportunities. On Easter Sunday the track is closed, and with the grounds being nearly free of anyone I was able to explore a little bit of what you don't see if attending on a race day.

Owner's stables.

Spring is in full bloom in Lexington.

Well, it was a very full and busy weekend. I was glad to get things finished and to get out on the bike once again after being away for almost a full week. Needless to say, Spring is here to stay, and I look forward to summer!

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-09-2012, 05:15 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

post #3 of 14 Old 04-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Great pictures and love story. The ones in front of the theater at night are great. The one in front of the owner's stable really shows of the new paint job well.

post #4 of 14 Old 04-09-2012, 06:11 PM
...is a Nihonjin.

Awesome pictures. I bet those Satos have something to do with turning heads!

post #5 of 14 Old 04-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Hastatus Prior

Sweet pictures, love that paint job.

"A motorcycle is not just a two-wheeled car; the difference between driving a car and climbing onto a motorcycle is the difference between watching TV and actually living your life."
-2005 CBR 600 F4i
-2001 RC51 ** SOLD
-2002 VFR 800**SOLD
-2002 919 **SOLD
-2006 599 ** WRECKED
post #6 of 14 Old 04-09-2012, 07:20 PM
`

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 17

cool pics. nice man purse.

post #7 of 14 Old 04-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Le So Cal Troll

god that paintjob just POPS. SOOOO clean!

post #8 of 14 Old 04-09-2012, 09:42 PM
a.k.a. Macgruber

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Looking good!!!

great pics

Abba Zaba, you my only friend.
post #9 of 14 Old 04-10-2012, 02:55 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Bike looks good.

Opening day at Keeneland was absolutely one of the nicest days of the year so far.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #10 of 14 Old 04-10-2012, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
What's a 919?

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmoo View Post
Awesome pictures. I bet those Satos have something to do with turning heads!
Yes, why yes they do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaq123 View Post
cool pics. nice man purse.
It is ruggedly awesome and I'm not afraid to admit I have two pieces. One that I won, this briefcase:

Saddlebackleather.com By far the highest quality hand-made full grain leather luggage out there.

And one that I bought:

post #11 of 14 Old 04-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboStraub 919 View Post
Yes, why yes they do!

Trial run over, can I have my pipes back now please?

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #12 of 14 Old 04-10-2012, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
What's a 919?

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post
Trial run over, can I have my pipes back now please?
Has to be one of the best purchases I've ever made....sorry.... lol

post #13 of 14 Old 04-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboStraub 919 View Post
Has to be one of the best purchases I've ever made....sorry.... lol
Haha, if I ever get another 919, I will keep dual pipes of some sort on it. If I only had one, I would still do the 900rr header setup, but twin pipes just has a sweet, sweet sound to it.

Oh, hell, I'll just save up for a Tuono, solve both problems .

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #14 of 14 Old 04-24-2012, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
What's a 919?

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post
Haha, if I ever get another 919, I will keep dual pipes of some sort on it. If I only had one, I would still do the 900rr header setup, but twin pipes just has a sweet, sweet sound to it.

Oh, hell, I'll just save up for a Tuono, solve both problems .
Those Satos will be traveling with me to whichever bike I get next....Oh, and I've been seriously considering the Tuono next as well. For some reason I failed to act on a pristine Tuono a few weeks ago. Oh well...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode