Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Engine case covers

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  nelbiz 
#1 ·
I don't know what they are officially called but they are the round things on both sides of the motor at the bottom. It looked like the previous owner must have dropped it on both sides and they have small scratches. Could I replace these? Where do you buy them? How hard are they to replace?

#2 ·
I dropped my bike last week and scratched the crap out my right handside one,I took it off sanded it, and spray painted it matte black as a great looking but cheap fix.

Go to the Ronnie's website and find the part numbers, you can either order directly from them or get your local Honda dealer to order them for you.

The right handside is just for looks you can take it of with and no fluids will be lost, but you will from the left handside one.

http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/fic...ry=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2002&fveh=3013

#3 ·
both sides can be replaced! If sitting on the bike the one on the right is just a cover and can be replaced without any gaskets to worry with, the one on the left has the altenator in it and oil will spill so i would time it with an oil change just for kicks. But both are easy to fix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.