Dyno CURVES - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Dyno CURVES

so i know there have been multiple threads regarding dyno charts and of course, one of the main reasons we spend the money for dyno time is to see what our machines are putting out. but i'd like to set aside the NUMBERS for a moment and ask you all to post dyno charts simply to see the curves. if you could mention your main mods (or if stock) and post a pic of your charts to see where there are dips, where there are peaks, if we can see any generalizations about which mods do what to the powerband. other than the turbos, we all know that these bikes make 102 to what, 118 HP (dynojet HP, that is) in the case of PistonGuy's 970 cc motor? so i'm not looking to incite a pissing match about numbers, just want to see how "lumpy" my power delivery is compared to other bikes with other motors, and i didn't want to have to scour a hundred threads. also i'm curious as to whether or not other bikes' power tails off before the rev limiter kicks in.

945 cc w/ raised compression, mild porting, Erion 900RR cams, PCIII, and open header
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dyno curves.jpg (76.4 KB, 94 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 10:18 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Haven't dyno'd mine and probably won't but, yeah, why the drop around 6 grand?

post #3 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Your tuner should be fired.

This is what a dyno graph should look like once tuned. I switched from a low mount exhaust to a high mount which improved mid-range power. K&N gave about 2 hp throughout. SAI removal did not affect power. Cat removal was another 2 hp (and better sound). Worked header meaning I port matched the header for the exhaust outlet for improved flow. Custom tune = about 4% gain and better throttle response throughout the range.

Peak Torque is at 8 grand. HP continues to increase but that is my shift point. Power drops nearing the rev limiter. I lowered the rev limiter using Tuneboy about 500 rpm just to save my valve springs.

2006 Speed Triple
K&N air filter
Worked stock header
Cat removed
Trident Carbon Fibre Half system (dual high exhaust)
SAI (PAIRS) removed
Exhaust Ceramic Coated
Tuneboy Custom Map

In 1915 T. Roosevelt said, in a speech to the KofC, "There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. "
post #4 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Le So Cal Troll

u could probably pick up another 5ish hp with an extra 1k rpms :-)

post #5 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

Oh, and that was on a Mustang Eddie Current dyno.

In 1915 T. Roosevelt said, in a speech to the KofC, "There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. "
post #6 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 10:53 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

I wonder if at 5,500 RPM, the power really kicked in and spun it up on the dyno barrel. Thus showing a slight dip.

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #7 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

I wonder if the roller was worn and the tire slipped. That is a huge dip. Do you feel an uneven point or a bogged down feeling around 5,500?

post #8 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

i engineered the "dip" in ! of COURSE when you take a midrange motor and port/cam it you're going to eliminate all the work Honda did to fatten the mid. also, it's a torque dip but h.p. increases. there is no point where there is a dip in h.p., just a place where the h.p. gains are less. and i don't know until i see some of yours' 919 charts: maybe it's still making more than a stocker in that range. i don't care really, as it's only a 500 rpm band of less than ferocious power, below my normal operating range.

that dos based graph is in an unusably low resolution, or maybe eddy current dynos "smooth" much more than dynojets. i know that dynojets are "adjusted" to indicate a higher than actual h.p. and current eddy dynos are more realistic about peak numbers. but no engine on any real dyno makes power in straight lines, period. not internal combustion anyway. if you had a turbine or an electric motor, maybe. i've been reading dyno charts in the magazines for 30 years (so, maybe 1,000 dyno charts? ) and EVERY i.c. engine has lumps in the curve. like a well-fed anaconda! anyway, my bad i should've specified: honda 919s are my focus/concern.

no, my dyno tuner shouldn't be fired. there's only so much you can do with a/f ratio. the mechanical build of an engine counts for a lot and i designed away some of my midrange for drag racing. i use my midrange for approx. seven tenths of a second per run. remember: i've vowed to get into the nines with the wrong bike. we all love torque on the street, but in drag racing our wonderful torque-centric motor is not in its element.

if i was interested in playing trysies with my cam timing i'm sure i could make the curves look nearly anyway i want them to. and who knows? i may at some point. but that is the purpose of this forum exercise: i want to see the best parts and worst parts of all curves and compare. see if on average, i am happy with what i've got.

and no, when i did a 1.68 60foot, a 6.77/103.65 eighth mile, in the course of a [email protected] quarter mile, i didn't feel a bog. the lengthened/lowered/piped z1000 that i beat didn't mention seeing me bog either.

nd4: dang right ! goes to show the integrated nature of engineering. change one thing, and everything else changes. i don't recall seeing a 919 chart without a trailing-off of H.P. before the limiter !

post #9 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
i engineered the "dip" in ! of COURSE when you take a midrange motor and port/cam it you're going to eliminate all the work Honda did to fatten the mid. also, it's a torque dip but h.p. increases. there is no point where there is a dip in h.p., just a place where the h.p. gains are less. and i don't know until i see some of yours' 919 charts: maybe it's still making more than a stocker in that range. i don't care really, as it's only a 500 rpm band of less than ferocious power, below my normal operating range.

that dos based graph is in an unusably low resolution, or maybe current eddy dynos "smooth" much more than dynojets. i know that dynojets are "adjusted" to indicate a higher than actual h.p. and current eddy dynos are more realistic about peak numbers. but no engine on any real dyno makes power in straight lines, period. not internal combustion anyway. if you had a turbine or an electric motor, maybe. i've been reading dyno charts in the magazines for 30 years (so, maybe 1,000 dyno charts? ) and EVERY i.c. engine has lumps in the curve. like a well-fed anaconda! anyway, my bad i should've specified: honda 919s are my focus/concern.

no, my dyno tuner shouldn't be fired. there's only so much you can do with a/f ratio. the mechanical build of an engine counts for a lot and i designed away some of my midrange for drag racing. i use my midrange for approx. seven tenths of a second per run. remember: i've vowed to get into the nines with the wrong bike. we all love torque on the street, but in drag racing our wonderful torque-centric motor is not in its element.

if i was interested in playing trysies with my cam timing i'm sure i could make the curves look nearly anyway i want them to. and who knows? i may at some point. but that is the purpose of this forum exercise: i want to see the best parts and worst parts of all curves and compare. see if on average, i am happy with what i've got.

and no, when i did a 1.68 60foot, a 6.77/103.65 eighth mile, in the course of a [email protected] quarter mile, i didn't feel a bog. the lengthened/lowered/piped z1000 that i beat didn't mention seeing me bog either.
More reasonable for you? Still darn straight in comparison. I would suggest if you are serious about racing, you may want to consider a better tuning option than a power commander.

post #10 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

if i was serious about drag racing, i wouldn't be on a 919 right? i took state championship in 2007, so i guess i'm semi serious about it. drag racing is consistancy, not speed. you can win on a Buell Blast if you're good, so i don't get what you're saying. the brand of f.i. tuner and the shape of the powerband have nothing to do with being serious or not. certainly the power at 5,500 rpms is totally immaterial to my endeavors. and i still don't know of a quicker 919 (with no power adder used) than my 10.67. also keep that in mind: i HACKED apart my airbox to fit nitrous plumbing. it has MAYBE half the volume of stock. and my bike has nitrous nozzles intruding/obstructing the airflow. (see pic)

again, dyno curves are about more than a/f ratios. for example, you can't tune torque into an F1 engine. you can get 800 hp from 2.4 liters, but no a/f will get you torque. you can use trickery to reduce torque dips and smooth the powerband, but then again you have the budget to do so. (variable cam timing, variable intake length, variable airbox volume...)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg throttle bodies.jpg (98.8 KB, 47 views)

post #11 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

My tuning software allows me to do alot more than just A/F ratios... Such as adjusting timing, switching from the O2 sensor to the map sensor earlier, etc... If I understand you correctly, you have no need to make the bike faster or have a smoother power delivery? You seem to just be after a consistent mark whether that be 14 seconds or 4 seconds. Correct?

post #12 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

i think i completed/amended my latest post after yours. perhaps it answers sufficiently? also, i made Dynojet make an ignition module for 919s. i have their prototype hanging in my garage, they gave it to me for free. i can control ignition all across the board. i can make separate maps for each gear. i can do all that i need with a dynojet. i COULD make different maps for each cylinder, and my tuner offered to do so.

edit to add: i do pretty well, but really? if i was SERIOUS about drag racing...would i have weighed 199 pounds this morning???

post #13 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Le So Cal Troll

honestly i wouldnt worry to much about the dip.... like u said bucky, ur playing in the high rpms... and id be willing to bet the dyno chart on a juiced run would look COMPLETELY different that naturally aspirated. Id really be more interested in an extra 1k rpms.... it really looks like that motor wants to be ran high and hard in the rpm department.

post #14 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

given that my bike is quicker than ever on my first runs in two years, i'm CERTAINLY not worried.

i just want to overlay other peoples curves to see what i've gained or lost.
where's the dyno charts?
where dey at ?

in looking over "flapper mod" posts, i see that the apparent rev range altered by doing the mod is right around 5,500 rpms...RIGHT where my torque curve dips. can't help but wonder if my motor's particulars would prefer the flapper to be in place. but no, i don't wonder to the tune of spending another $270 for dyno pulls. because as mentioned, in the end, i don't really use that part of the rev range.

i suppose i could flap, make some 1/4 mile runs, then unflap and compare 60 foot times.

post #15 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
given that my bike is quicker than ever on my first runs in two years, i'm CERTAINLY not worried.

i just want to overlay other peoples curves to see what i've gained or lost.
where's the dyno charts?
where dey at ?

in looking over "flapper mod" posts, i see that the apparent rev range altered by doing the mod is right around 5,500 rpms...RIGHT where my torque curve dips. can't help but wonder if my motor's particulars would prefer the flapper to be in place. but no, i don't wonder to the tune of spending another $270 for dyno pulls. because as mentioned, in the end, i don't really use that part of the rev range.

i suppose i could flap, make some 1/4 mile runs, then unflap and compare 60 foot times.
you could.... but the only thing the flapper was there for was to reduce intake noise to meet epa standards.... when everone says doing the flapper mod makes less hp down low they are full of lies as your just making more power down low so there isnt a big jump when it opens. Its not like the flapper is doing things like variable length intake... once the air hits the air cleaner it all but slows to a stop.

But hey with as much as you have done to ur bike... who knows, you might be quicker with the flapper in place due to some random ass thing.

post #16 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

If all you are looking for is consistency, why screw with it at all?

post #17 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

i never said ALL i was looking for was consistancy, but consistancy is all it takes to be "serious about drag racing".

again, this post is an exercise in gathering information to feed a curiosity. i'm not worried about 5,500 rpms, but i'm ever-curious.

i don't really have an air filter. i have the stock stainless screen with the paper element removed so i doubt it slows the air down much. all suppositions are just that. it's all theory until you twist the throttle.

intakes operate on the Helmholz resonance principle. changing the inlet to the airbox most definitely CAN change power characteristics along with the box's resonance points. my changes to airbox volume can't help but do just that. on stock or nearly-stock bikes, changing the inlet via the flapper mod does little, but on a fairly modified engine...who knows?

i not only performed the flapper mod, i hacksawed that part off of the inlet.

post #18 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation 

This is all I have right now.
Next month or so I should have a BUNCH once work clears up and I get my dyno finished.
This is a fuel injected 1984 Kawasaki with turbo and adjustable boost.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dynojet2.jpg (54.3 KB, 36 views)

post #19 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Princeps Prior

hum.... just curious...... in regards to the Erion 900RR cams. Where these cams a direct drop-in?

post #20 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Petrol Head

Got measured last spring. Baffled stocks and stock air filter.
Hornet dyno run - Nagi

post #21 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 07:58 PM
no max no more

dip is from open headers.....for a street bike it would be a little week or two up riding..but your drag racing so it really dont matter

dont need a bike to ride the fast lane
post #22 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by arendaja View Post
Hornet dyno run - Nagi
obviously thats a messed up dyno.... 75ish hp... but 85ftlbs. riiiiiight

post #23 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Speed Lover

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Here's mine from last year. Notice I didn't let him go over 9K. The red line is a comparison to some other bike.

[IMG][/IMG]

post #24 of 63 Old 06-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Pilus Posterior

Good thread - now I( want to see the huge improvement with the flapper mod .....

Pretty sure I've seen a stock graph and there is a small dip 5500 that kicks back at 6. I'd expect this as there is a noticable 'kick' at 6k and you'd be unlikely to notice a small dip at 5500 on your way through the revs.

post #25 of 63 Old 06-26-2010, 01:40 AM
Imaginifer

Here are 3 of my dyno sheets....1st is twin blueflame cans with pc3 and downloaded blueflame map
2nd is single blueflame can and same map
3rd is with the turbo

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/woodyeee/IMAG0306.jpg
post #26 of 63 Old 06-26-2010, 04:18 PM
So, you're a human...

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
obviously thats a messed up dyno.... 75ish hp... but 85ftlbs. riiiiiight
74.8 kilowatts = 100.308452 hp

86.7 newtons meter = 63.9466383 foot pounds

His chart isn't in horsepower and foot pounds, it's in kW and NM.

post #27 of 63 Old 06-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjayp View Post
74.8 kilowatts = 100.308452 hp

86.7 newtons meter = 63.9466383 foot pounds

His chart isn't in horsepower and foot pounds, it's in kW and NM.

You passed my test good job!

post #28 of 63 Old 06-28-2010, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic954 View Post
hum.... just curious...... in regards to the Erion 900RR cams. Where these cams a direct drop-in?
sortof? first, there are no more. they were ground for erion by Crane and there is no more Crane. outta bidness. i'm not SURE if they WOULD have been drop in, because Erion couldn't supply me with the grind specs. so i used Falicon slotted sprockets and degreed them in meticulously to degree centers that are a total stab in the dark based on reading the intertubes. i'm actually pretty fortunate that the engine made what it did on the dyno, and to reiterate, that is a TOTALLY FRESH engine. next to no breakin time whatsoever. two hard acceleration runs from 10-75/80 mph is IT, aside from some high idling and throttle blipping in my garage.

thanks for those who played along, i've got to look them over a bit closer. i DID notice in a recent Cycle World dyno test of the new Vmax that there was a pronounced dip in the torque after its first hit down low. but i don't think anybody fired Yamaha's tuner over it. gawd, that's a motor to cry over. 173 hp 112 ft lbs...i wonder if i'll make that much on juice? drags were rained out yesterday...

post #29 of 63 Old 06-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
sortof? first, there are no more. they were ground for erion by Crane and there is no more Crane. outta bidness. i'm not SURE if they WOULD have been drop in, because Erion couldn't supply me with the grind specs. so i used Falicon slotted sprockets and degreed them in meticulously to degree centers that are a total stab in the dark based on reading the intertubes. i'm actually pretty fortunate that the engine made what it did on the dyno, and to reiterate, that is a TOTALLY FRESH engine. next to no breakin time whatsoever. two hard acceleration runs from 10-75/80 mph is IT, aside from some high idling and throttle blipping in my garage.

thanks for those who played along, i've got to look them over a bit closer. i DID notice in a recent Cycle World dyno test of the new Vmax that there was a pronounced dip in the torque after its first hit down low. but i don't think anybody fired Yamaha's tuner over it. gawd, that's a motor to cry over. 173 hp 112 ft lbs...i wonder if i'll make that much on juice? drags were rained out yesterday...
that new vmax is

so is the rocket 3 roadster! 146hp 163ftlbs!

post #30 of 63 Old 06-28-2010, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

the primary reason i have been casting the stink-eye at the hacked air box inlet is my bike's difficulty in starting without ether. some people state that the PCIII causes longer cranking times/hard starting, and i am wondering if that...AND a lack of intake AND exhaust restriction relate to my problem. i've tried restricting the exhaust (with the sole of my boot) and that didn't seem to work. the 500 rpm band of PCIII tuning doesn't seem to help. though i COULD try really DUMPING fuel in the 0% throttle 500 rpm range?

it's a pain in the ass to be waiting in the staging lanes and not being able to reliably start my bike when we're called to the burnout box. it's another pain to try to keep track of a can of ether on a bike with no kickstand. i should come up with some one-use gasoline-filled pixie sticks. i can take one to the starting line, tear off the top, dump it in and go.

post #31 of 63 Old 06-30-2010, 07:24 AM
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by arendaja View Post
Hornet dyno run - Nagi
Its also very suspect that power and torque dont cross over at 5200rpm....

HP is a calculated number HP=(Tq*RPM)/5252

Every dyno chart you will ever see should have torque=horsepower at 5252rpm.

Whats the formula for finding Kw?

post #32 of 63 Old 06-30-2010, 07:40 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Take this with a grain, Bucky. Those nozzles look like they're protruding at slightly different lengths. I don't know if that means a tenth of a second or not.
Just sayin.

post #33 of 63 Old 06-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

i dunno... for me 114hp would be disappointing as hell.... you are restricted somewhere.... touring919 ported his head and upped the compression and got 118 out of his 919....

something ain't right somewhere.... you should be in the high 120's or more.... and that much trouble starting points more to timing than anything else.... i ran my 919 with a pc3 and a open exhaust *(for shits and giggles) and that was with the ram air that tk919 built *(which is now owned by basspiece) and it fired up easily.... never had any trouble starting....

check your timing.... something is off... and when you find it that beast will come alive.....

post #34 of 63 Old 06-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Optio

Heres a couple more Bucky.

Liking this thread. Oddly enough both of these graphs don't show a dip at 5500 rpm.
My bike is 02 and the other bike is an 04.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pats before - after.jpg (72.2 KB, 26 views)

02 919 (RIP)
07 600RR
07 CRF450X
81 XS850
09 Versys
post #35 of 63 Old 06-30-2010, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Pacojerte;402993]i dunno... for me 114hp would be disappointing as hell.... you are restricted somewhere....

YES ! stock valves, stock (midrange tuned) throttle bodies.
something ain't right somewhere.... you should be in the high 120's or more....

NO WAY. nobody has gotten 120 out of a 919 normally aspirated, right? i don't recall seeing it. i mean, CBR900RRs make MID 120's with bigger ports and valves from the factory than us, and a proper downdraft head. you can't tune a bike up to the bike from which it was detuned. i mean, in theory you COULD, but not without flow bench, dozens of hours of dyno time, different cam combinations... to the extent that no one has taken a 919 back to 900RR levels and likely never will without a power adder.
and that much trouble starting points more to timing than anything else.... i ran my 919 with a pc3 and a open exhaust *(for shits and giggles) and that was with the ram air that tk919 built *(which is now owned by basspiece) and it fired up easily.... never had any trouble starting....

apples and oranges. also, DYNOJET has a "start up fuel" feature that you have to get special permission to unlock. i found out through some intertubes digging. i have a message in to Dynojet to get me the code to unlock that feature. no reply yet. do a "CTRL F" with your laptop connected to your bike with ignition on and see if it comes up with any extra features. the ability to unlock the factory rev limiter lives in there too. good luck with THAT.
check your timing.... something is off... and when you find it that beast will come alive...

no. nothing is "off". this engine has barely-higher-than-stock compression, for one thing. i built it for nitrous mostly, though i picked up about 12HP on motor too. which, if you've been paying attention for the last 8 years to 919 forums, ain't nothing to sneeze at from this motor.

post #36 of 63 Old 06-30-2010, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
Take this with a grain, Bucky. Those nozzles look like they're protruding at slightly different lengths. I don't know if that means a tenth of a second or not.
Just sayin.
yeah, but with a hundred shot, i'm okay with a tenth. ALSO, most of the "spider" type nitrous spray bars are not precisely uniform from cylinder to cylinder. it appears that as long as you're shooting huge plumes of juice in the right direction you're okay. those intruding nozzles and hacked airbox are surely hurting somewhat when i'm motor-only. and make my 114 hp (from a still-green motor which had approx. 5 miles on it) all the more notable.

post #37 of 63 Old 06-30-2010, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

JUST got my "Start Up Fuel" code from Dynojet. it's a 19 digit code and they need your PCIII s/n to assign it, so there's no point to me sharing it here. but a NUMBER of people with PCIIIs claim hard starting/long crank times, so i'm really curious to see how i fare with adjusting the startup fueling. i imagine some of those same members here might be interested as well.

if i'd replaced my valve springs or gone with stronger con rods, i might be looking in to the Rev Xtend feature as well, seeing how my engine was still making steam when the rev limiter kicked in. BUT, with stock throttle bodies and valve sizes, i can't imagine there's THAT much more to be gained, and probably a lot of long term reliability lost.

post #38 of 63 Old 06-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Optio

Damn it you make me want to buy another 9er and start rippin into the engine!

02 919 (RIP)
07 600RR
07 CRF450X
81 XS850
09 Versys
post #39 of 63 Old 06-30-2010, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

i was just looking at the guy making one into an adventure tourer.
Honda 919 Dual Sport Beast - ADVrider

it made me think that for you guys "outside" (in the lower 48) who have access to them, a 919 sure is cheap and plentiful and reliable enough that used ones are becoming dime a dozen and make GREAT platforms for all sorts of silliness.

post #40 of 63 Old 06-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
YES ! stock valves, stock (midrange tuned) throttle bodies.

NO WAY. nobody has gotten 120 out of a 919 normally aspirated, right? i don't recall seeing it. i mean, CBR900RRs make MID 120's with bigger ports and valves from the factory than us, and a proper downdraft head. you can't tune a bike up to the bike from which it was detuned. i mean, in theory you COULD, but not without flow bench, dozens of hours of dyno time, different cam combinations... to the extent that no one has taken a 919 back to 900RR levels and likely never will without a power adder.

apples and oranges. also, DYNOJET has a "start up fuel" feature that you have to get special permission to unlock. i found out through some intertubes digging. i have a message in to Dynojet to get me the code to unlock that feature. no reply yet. do a "CTRL F" with your laptop connected to your bike with ignition on and see if it comes up with any extra features. the ability to unlock the factory rev limiter lives in there too. good luck with THAT.

no. nothing is "off". this engine has barely-higher-than-stock compression, for one thing. i built it for nitrous mostly, though i picked up about 12HP on motor too. which, if you've been paying attention for the last 8 years to 919 forums, ain't nothing to sneeze at from this motor.
well... more compression... bigger cylinders... bigger cams.... should equal more than 12hp...

but if you are satisfied congratulations... hope to see you make the 9's...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode