Dumb 919 question - Wrist Twisters
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By robroten

post #1 of 15 Old 01-12-2016, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Dumb 919 question

So my 919 came missing the tool kit. I ordered up the tools from a Honda dealer just to make the bike complete. I did read the manual that was included with the bike. What I don't understand is how does this silly helmet cable work? Never seen anything like it and don't understand how it attaches to the helmet and then the bike. I only ordered on cable! Did the bike come with two. so educate me please

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 01-12-2016, 07:53 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Pretty worthless. You have to remove and replace the seat to lock it.

post #3 of 15 Old 01-12-2016, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike View Post
Pretty worthless. You have to remove and replace the seat to lock it.
yep looks silly, I bought one,what's that say about me lol! But At least I have the complete kit for the bike.

post #4 of 15 Old 01-13-2016, 06:46 AM
Milites Gregarius

I use a trigger lock. My local police department gives them out for free. Several places to loop it on the bike.
AMerv likes this.

post #5 of 15 Old 01-13-2016, 06:46 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by replacement View Post
So my 919 came missing the tool kit. I ordered up the tools from a Honda dealer just to make the bike complete. I did read the manual that was included with the bike. What I don't understand is how does this silly helmet cable work? Never seen anything like it and don't understand how it attaches to the helmet and then the bike. I only ordered on cable! Did the bike come with two. so educate me please
Depending on what year your bike is it likely wasn't included at all... I'm pretty sure with the later year 919's they didn't even have a tool kit straight from Honda

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle - Hunter S. Thompson
I just mı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨ade you wipe your screen.
-2009 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Race Bike
-2007 Honda 919
-1995 Nighthawk 750 (Tboned)
-1983 KZ 440 (Sold)
post #6 of 15 Old 01-13-2016, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmoon692008 View Post
Depending on what year your bike is it likely wasn't included at all... I'm pretty sure with the later year 919's they didn't even have a tool kit straight from Honda
Wow, I thought incorrectly it was missing. Honda lists all the tools as a kit for the 2007 model. Well they were not very expensive. They came in the mail yesterday.

post #7 of 15 Old 01-13-2016, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by robroten View Post
I use a trigger lock. My local police department gives them out for free. Several places to loop it on the bike.
Great idea, thank you

post #8 of 15 Old 01-13-2016, 08:02 AM
just send it.

Garage
The spark plug tool is worth is weight in gold. So much so that I kept it when I sold the bike. Good thing since the bike was stolen less than 12 hours after I sold it.

[This space for rent]
post #9 of 15 Old 01-13-2016, 08:34 AM
Tirone

True. Tool kit was not included with 2007. I also thought mine was missing until I investigated. Did you order one from Honda? What was cost? I may order one. Thanks.

post #10 of 15 Old 01-13-2016, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louatlvc View Post
True. Tool kit was not included with 2007. I also thought mine was missing until I investigated. Did you order one from Honda? What was cost? I may order one. Thanks.
I ordered from Babbittsonline they are a Honda dealer. You have to listing and order each tool separate. The cost was about $50.00 but ordered a new ziplock for the manual because the one with my bike was torn and I got the bag for the tool kit as well. At this point in my life I plan to keep the bike for a long time and thought it is good enough condition I would try to make it complete, did not know they didn't' come with the kit. If I had known I would only have gotten the spanner to adjust the rear shock, even though I am thinking to upgrade the shock at some point.

post #11 of 15 Old 01-13-2016, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Looking at my order it was larger than just the tools - depending how many you order - individualaly they are cheap but they do add up. I ordered them all and it was closer to $70.00 - just wanted to correct the earlier post- sorry for any confusion

post #12 of 15 Old 01-13-2016, 03:02 PM
Milites Gregarius

Garage
The 07 I bought didn't have a toolkit, so I was glad I hung onto the toolkit out of my 04. That spark plug wrench really is the exact thing you need to reach the plugs on the 919-- no combination of spark plug socket + extension that I own seems to fit as happily.

I do have a silly bone to pick though. Has anyone else's pouch started completely falling apart? Mine barely holds everything anymore, the shitty thin vinyl got brittle and cracked and now has huge rips in it. I got nosy and demanded to see the OEM toolkit out of my friends' first gen SV650 and TL1000R recently, and they get almost the exact same tools (I suspect most Japanese bikes do), but the tool pouch from Suzuki is a nice soft double-layer vinyl material and much sturdier, and holding up much better 15+ years on.

Fine, I'm adding a signature, leave me alone!
post #13 of 15 Old 01-13-2016, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpydog View Post
The 07 I bought didn't have a toolkit, so I was glad I hung onto the toolkit out of my 04. That spark plug wrench really is the exact thing you need to reach the plugs on the 919-- no combination of spark plug socket + extension that I own seems to fit as happily. I do have a silly bone to pick though. Has anyone else's pouch started completely falling apart? Mine barely holds everything anymore, the shitty thin vinyl got brittle and cracked and now has huge rips in it. I got nosy and demanded to see the OEM toolkit out of my friends' first gen SV650 and TL1000R recently, and they get almost the exact same tools (I suspect most Japanese bikes do), but the tool pouch from Suzuki is a nice soft double-layer vinyl material and much sturdier, and holding up much better 15+ years on.
The bag from Honda is just a couple dollars from the web site I used. But I would be happy with a little nice one.

post #14 of 15 Old 01-15-2016, 11:10 AM
Tirone

Found this one on eBay. Looks to be about the same price. Thanks for details. http://m.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CB900F-N...-/331652338626

post #15 of 15 Old 01-15-2016, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Found this one on eBay. Looks to be about the same price. Thanks for details. http://m.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CB900F-N...-/331652338626
nice find and yes it is about the same price, I did not see that option.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode