CW fender elim installed - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 10-23-2015, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
oops hurts

Garage
CW fender elim installed

Oh for the days when the 919 was a production bike and we had much better options.

I got the thing on, the install was pretty janky, they sent me some wrong hardware. There are mystery steps not included in the doc.

And the bottom of the main part is held on by "self drilling screws" above the tire. Im going to have to drill and bolt that obviously. The turn signals are not my cup of tea will probably find something not round. I dont remember if the kit I had years ago even kept the license plate light, it seems kind of dopey wish it wasnt there. Probably will paint it black. The crimp connectors to connect the signal lights is pretty weak too.

Anyway kind of a pain in the butt, not georgous, but at least the stock (whatever you call that) is gone and I can maybe improve on this later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg cw-install.jpeg (212.8 KB, 28 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-23-2015, 05:06 PM
Centurion

Garage
My 919 had the turn signals integrated with the stop light. It looked very nice and clean. Can't tell you the make though, was already installed when I got it.

PS - that green looks funky

post #3 of 6 Old 10-23-2015, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
oops hurts

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmin3m View Post
PS - that green looks funky
yep my fav color from 04.

post #4 of 6 Old 10-23-2015, 09:40 PM
Milites Gregarius

Garage
Is the one from Jardine not available anymore? It came with two little LED bolts to replace the stock license plate light and just had tabs to mount the stock turn signals and it was super clean looking, really liked it.

I like integrated taillight/turn signals in theory, but I don't feel safe with them. I can barely see my friends' blinkers when they have those installed so it makes me think that it's even less likely drivers will see them, and I don't need any help *not* being seen on the bike.

Fine, I'm adding a signature, leave me alone!
post #5 of 6 Old 10-25-2015, 08:16 PM
Centurion

Garage
Fair enough.

The ones on my 919 where damn bright. Whenever signaling one half of the stop light would turn orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpydog View Post
Is the one from Jardine not available anymore? It came with two little LED bolts to replace the stock license plate light and just had tabs to mount the stock turn signals and it was super clean looking, really liked it.

I like integrated taillight/turn signals in theory, but I don't feel safe with them. I can barely see my friends' blinkers when they have those installed so it makes me think that it's even less likely drivers will see them, and I don't need any help *not* being seen on the bike.

post #6 of 6 Old 10-25-2015, 09:09 PM
PB

Here's the Jardine mount that I put on last year. I used the stock turn signals (obviously), but you could easily mount some aftermarket ones using the mounting points on the Jardine. I really liked how it turned out because it left space between the signal mounts and the exhausts. I think it's the best you're going to get unless the custom route is an option for you.

https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/...tml#post938978

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode