Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Custom map for 919

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  mcromo44 
#1 ·
Anyone here been able to improve on the ones in the dropbox? I have a full delkevic and the map I'm using seem fine if not a little rich. Is it worth the $300 to go full custom on a bike like the 919?

#2 ·
G'day Auron. I'm also using Delkevic exhausts. There are many types. Which are you using? Mine are stainless oval 450mm long with the single Y link pipe. It's a shame that there's no dedicated map for delkevic's. I emailed dynajet they suggested the erion map. It was ok but so were most of them. I read once Delkevic worked for Akrapovic. The Akrapovic map is quite rich and for European bikes. What makes you think the map your using is too rich? I smoothed out most of my low end with a stock air filter and doing a starter valve synchronization.
I'm still playing around with maps. Currently trying out the Yoshi map. I used Pvester919Gen2Satos map over summer, it was quite good. It's cooled off here and my cold start has reared it's ugly head. I found the richer maps help with that. My suggestion would be to get a custom map..........................................................................................then give it to me. Not much help was I? Good luck mate.

#3 ·
Which map or maps have you tried so far?
Knowing that, myself and others can make better suggestions for you.
There are excellent proven maps in the library.
And I don't mean the ones from DynoJet themselves.
Also, have you correctly synched your PC to the bikes ECU?
If not, that could be the root of your issues.
BUT
If your "full Delkevic" means headers and a single can, then the library does not have many maps and the maps therein are going to be fairly header specific, so may be a poor match to what you have.
A bit more info from you would be helpful.

#4 ·
The 900RR header map I'm using is fine, but the best you know is the best you've ridden. If I only need to spend $300 on a bike I like this much, I have no problem with that. It's just that we've proven time and time again how hard it is to improve the bike and I don't want to get it back and not tell a difference.

#5 ·
My suggestion is that you get all the 900RR maps from the DropBox 919 / Power Commander Files / from the two folders that have maps in them.
See Maps for some relevant maps.
See McRomo Compilation / Maps / 900RR for more relevant maps.
Review the maps using the compare feature in the software.
Then try different maps and see how good you can get it.
A good "tinker tune" dyno job might well be worth it, keeping in mind that 900RR headers are mismatched to the 919 cam timing and overall gas flow regime from the inlet throat to the exhaust port exit.
You did synch the PC, right ?

#7 ·
Why would you not sync at 100%? on the 919 you can do it with the key on but the bike not running...

#11 ·
The engine not running 100% synch check is not written in any official procedure.
It was yet another "WristTwisters Discovery".
You don't even need to external battery power pack to synch a 919 at 0 or 100%.
That is as long as you have a working battery in your 919.
Just patch the PCIIIusb to your laptop, turn the key to the run position, and do the synch checkS and any needed correctionS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.