coerce tank clearance - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 10 Old 05-19-2006, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

coerce tank clearance

I am about to lay out some ching for coerce bars today, and just wanted to make sure there aren't any tank clearance issues with them on the 919. Anyone know for sure?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

I don't know if anyone here is using that bar. I know that my Renthal Ultra Low's will hit if I angle the bar too much. The Coerce has a lot low rise than mine. Something like 55 mm lower.

post #3 of 10 Old 05-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Tirone

Ort,
I'm on the Coerce lows. These are such an improvement over the stock bars.
Better handling, less vibes, and a slightly more forward position all lead to a better 919 experience.
When leveled in the clamps, the bar comes close to the tank...
roll them forward slightly, and you've got some extra space.
Roll them back and down like I like them, and you have to extend the steering stops on the frame... very easy to do... just JB weld a section of 1/8 allen wrench ( or 1/8 inch sheet metal) to each "stop" and this translates into approx an inch of extra clearance at the end of the handlebar.
Z

post #4 of 10 Old 05-19-2006, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus
...just JB weld a section of 1/8 allen wrench ( or 1/8 inch sheet metal) to each "stop" and this translates into approx an inch of extra clearance at the end of the handlebar.
Z
And this won't affect my steering lock on the ignition?

post #5 of 10 Old 05-19-2006, 04:57 PM
Tirone

1/8" spacer and the ignition lock will still work.
Z

post #6 of 10 Old 05-20-2006, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

thanks for your help, Z. I just might get them, I was trying to decide between those and the Suburban Machinery 919 bars:

http://www.suburban-machinery.com/honda_919.htm

Anyway, I would be saving 100 bucks with the coerce bars, and that is significant. Good to know they will work.

post #7 of 10 Old 05-20-2006, 04:29 PM
roktbox

I've still got both sets of these bars for sale - Coerce and Suburban Machinery. You can find the link and pics in the For Sale section.

post #8 of 10 Old 05-21-2006, 01:22 AM

steering lock ???? LOL... I don't think ive ever used it.

believe me those things are useless, I watched a demo at the toronto bike show of a "smaller guy" just reef the bars on a 99 firestorm and snap. If you lean the bike towards you and use the weight of the bike to help you with the leverage it will just shear the lock pin.

the demo was for an insurance company recommending more adequate security for your bike ie rotor locks or an alarm system with tracking. Bike's are very popular vehicles for theft in Toronto, with or without steering locks.

post #9 of 10 Old 05-21-2006, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoonblue919
steering lock ???? LOL... I don't think ive ever used it.

believe me those things are useless, I watched a demo at the toronto bike show of a "smaller guy" just reef the bars on a 99 firestorm and snap. If you lean the bike towards you and use the weight of the bike to help you with the leverage it will just shear the lock pin.

the demo was for an insurance company recommending more adequate security for your bike ie rotor locks or an alarm system with tracking. Bike's are very popular vehicles for theft in Toronto, with or without steering locks.
Well it gives me a false sense of security then, that maybe that fool that tries to roll it will be discouraged. At work I park in a parking garage right near the elevators, and theft isnt really a concern. I think it is really just habit.

post #10 of 10 Old 05-21-2006, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roktbox
I've still got both sets of these bars for sale - Coerce and Suburban Machinery. You can find the link and pics in the For Sale section.
Hey bud, I dunno if you got my private message, but consider the suburban machinery bars sold! Contact me via email and we can work out the details.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode