Clear Alternatives motorcycle lighting - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 22 Old 10-05-2006, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Clear Alternatives motorcycle lighting

You would not believe what I went through today with someone at Clear Alternatives.

In another thread I mentioned that it would be a nice feature for CA to offer a total clear or smoke lens which would illuminate the license plate. The lens idea is not only for the 919 but could be utilized on many other bikes. As it stands now, the underneath or lower part of the lens is solid black plastic.

I sent a email to CA with all good intentions. The reply was "you must have someone else's lens and integrator." I went round and round with this bonehead, I actually referenced my invoice before he was finally convinced it was his products. That was just the beginning, he never understood what I was trying to recommend.
This was his last reply after which I said enough is enough. I still don't know what he was trying to say??? Is this dude on drugs or was it bring your kid to work day?

Should I take this to the next level of management or just let it go?

Quote:
sorry, we are currently out of these and it's been awhile since i've looked at one. it is ours, we sell too many of these to make any modifications for one person. we sell over 500 a month. we would get too many complaints to do what you suggest for what you have done with your bike. most people just drill two holes and put a plastic cover over it. you can also go to the forums and see if they have done anything similiar to what you are trying to achieve.

Best Regards,

Sales
Clear Alternatives
6171 McLeod Drive, Suite B
Las Vegas, NV 89120
1-866-CLR-LENS
1-702-293-0537 (Outside US)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 10-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Helping a Member in Need 
Total Awards: 1

What a funkin dumarse!! In the telco world I would escalate to his manager and his manager till I got someone that give a crap about customer service, and had half a brain.. Geesh your trying to help his product!!

post #3 of 22 Old 10-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

The Pres. of CA must be very proud of the communication skills of his/her employees. It looks like an IM conversation, not a customer contact. That's just wrong.

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #4 of 22 Old 10-06-2006, 07:18 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Mike, if you're bore and want to have a little fun, I say... go for it and escalate until you can't escalate no more but I have found out that now a days, big Corps don't give a rat's ass about things that don't come from their little brains.

Good Luck!

I could tell you horror stories that I have to go through on an everyday basis with Co's like this.

post #5 of 22 Old 10-06-2006, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90 View Post
Mike, if you're bored and want to have a little fun, I say... go for it and escalate until you can't escalate no more but I have found out that now a days, big Corps don't give a rat's ass about things that don't come from their little brains.

Good Luck!

I could tell you horror stories that I have to go through on an everyday basis with Co's like this.
I might just take you up in this idea. Just for grins. Hey you never know, upper Mgmt. might not be aware of their piss poor customer service.

post #6 of 22 Old 10-06-2006, 08:09 AM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase

Clear Alternatives is not a big corporation though....customer serivce should be given more attention than this....

2009 Honda Goldwing
post #7 of 22 Old 10-06-2006, 08:21 AM
libertine

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 5

maybe you should drill 2 holes in his head and let the bad stuff drain out.

post #8 of 22 Old 10-06-2006, 02:13 PM

Another example of CA's stellar customer service...

I just got off the phone with those guys today. Here's the story:
I finally ordered an integrated tail light/blinker system to go with my newly fenderless 919. I ordered it on Wednesday, and because I am a procrastinator, had to shell out $24 extra for overnight shipping so that it would hopefully show up at work today. My plan was to install it tonight or tomorrow morning. Anyway, it gets to be about 3pm at work and no FedEx delivery, so I get on the phone to say (politely, always complain firmly, but politely) 'Yo, WTF??'

After being on hold, say, forever- Bozo comes back and says 'Um, yeah, we were out of stock on that part (Smoke lens/integrated board/flasher) until Thursday afternoon, so we just sent it priority mail. But we did refund the difference in shipping cost to your card. You should receive it around Tuesday.'

-- RANT -- Gee, thanks mthr fkr, the whole gd dmn reason I PAID for overnight shipping is because I wanted it on FKNG FRIDAY!! You mean to tell me there is no other way to get it here by Friday from Las Vegas at 2pm on Thursday?? --END RANT

It sucks because I'm in a catch-22 of being really pissed off, but at this point, where the hell else am I going to go. I was all jacked up (not just from the coffee) about seeing the FedEx guy at some point today with my light. Now tomorrow will be just boring old chain maintenance.

post #9 of 22 Old 10-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna View Post
I just got off the phone with those guys today. Here's the story:
I finally ordered an integrated tail light/blinker system to go with my newly fenderless 919. I ordered it on Wednesday, and because I am a procrastinator, had to shell out $24 extra for overnight shipping so that it would hopefully show up at work today. My plan was to install it tonight or tomorrow morning. Anyway, it gets to be about 3pm at work and no FedEx delivery, so I get on the phone to say (politely, always complain firmly, but politely) 'Yo, WTF??'

After being on hold, say, forever- Bozo comes back and says 'Um, yeah, we were out of stock on that part (Smoke lens/integrated board/flasher) until Thursday afternoon, so we just sent it priority mail. But we did refund the difference in shipping cost to your card. You should receive it around Tuesday.'

-- RANT -- Gee, thanks mthr fkr, the whole gd dmn reason I PAID for overnight shipping is because I wanted it on FKNG FRIDAY!! You mean to tell me there is no other way to get it here by Friday from Las Vegas at 2pm on Thursday?? --END RANT

It sucks because I'm in a catch-22 of being really pissed off, but at this point, where the hell else am I going to go. I was all jacked up (not just from the coffee) about seeing the FedEx guy at some point today with my light. Now tomorrow will be just boring old chain maintenance.
Someone needs a hug. Ragdoll take care of this one!

post #10 of 22 Old 10-06-2006, 03:57 PM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
It sucks because I'm in a catch-22 of being really pissed off, but at this point, where the hell else am I going to go.
Next time, do yourself a favor and jingle a brotha out to see if said brotha can hook-a-brotha out as well... you dig? Word up!

Here's a little tip for you all... Parts Unlimited and Tucker Rocky are the two biggest Distributors of Motorcycle accessories in the US and they both Distribute C/A. P/U usually has more stock than T/R but between them both combined, have more than what C/A can have to sell for retail.

Where am I going with this? easy, "A" give your local parts counter guy a chance and he can probably get it there within a day or 2. "B" If you don't like your parts counter guy, still, give him a chance because if you're willing to shell out an extra $24.00 dollars in Overnight shipping, does it matter if his charging you a little over MSRP (you're paying straight MSRP when buying direct from C/A anyways!). "C" jingle, PM or e-mail RC90 and he'll see if he can hook you up or direct you to the people that can or will be able to hook you up.

Sad story has now a happy ending!... not in the way you're thinking unless WIM is willing to travel and do so for you

But I digress... Mike, how is it going with the escalation of your little snafu?

post #11 of 22 Old 10-06-2006, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase

I forgot to post my original email to CA so here it is. You be the judge.

Daniel- If I'm still fired up after the weekend, I will call CA.

Dear CA,

Quote:
I am one of your biggest supporters when it comes to the products you sell. My integrated tail light has been directly responsible for numerous sales. I ride a 2002 Honda CB900F.

As you can see from this photo the clean look of the tail section is great however to achieve this look the stock license plate light had to be removed. I think if the bottom section of your lens was clear instead of solid black there would be sufficient illumination for the license plate. What do you think of my idea?

If you would like to make a prototype of this multi-purpose lens I would be more than happy to test it out.

In the past I have worked with other manufacturers and I would be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,
Mike

This was Mr. CA bonehead's first reply:

Quote:
you actually do not have our product. all of our lenses are clear throughout. this is definitely not our light. what color is the led board? black? not ours. white? ours.

Best Regards,

Sales
Clear Alternatives
Las Vegas, NV 89120
1-866-CLR-LENS
www.clearalternatives.c
om

post #12 of 22 Old 10-06-2006, 05:09 PM

Awards Showcase

He got lost at... bottom section

Dude sure's a little fiesty (sp?) isn't him?

post #13 of 22 Old 10-06-2006, 06:53 PM
MuscleCar Nut

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

I am still waiting for my replacement LED board........

Troy
67 Pontiac GTO
2003 Triumph Speedmaster
post #14 of 22 Old 10-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Wrench wannabe

I wonder what the CEO of CA would think if we emailed him a link to this thread.

post #15 of 22 Old 10-06-2006, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns900f View Post
I wonder what the CEO of CA would think if we emailed him a link to this thread.
Done

post #16 of 22 Old 10-09-2006, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase

It appears a German company had the same lens idea and actually did something about it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...QQcmdZViewItem

post #17 of 22 Old 10-09-2006, 05:50 AM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase

Sweet light, Mike, but it doesn't appear to do turn signals. I'd buy one of these in a second if it did...

2009 Honda Goldwing
post #18 of 22 Old 10-09-2006, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Sweet light, Mike, but it doesn't appear to do turn signals. I'd buy one of these in a second if it did...
Ken... You can buy just the integrator board from CA. I hate to recommend them. To the best of my knowledge they are the only manufacturer selling a 919 LED board.

post #19 of 22 Old 10-10-2006, 08:42 PM

A response from CA. Notice I still don't get a name, just 'sales':

Dear Marcus,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. These issues will be addressed promptly.

Best Regards,

Sales
Clear Alternatives
Las Vegas, NV 89120
1-866-CLR-LENS
www.clearalternatives.com

---------- Original Message -----------
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 22:26:24 -0400
Subject: FYI - Some comments on your 'service'

> Dear Clear Alternatives:
>
> This is a link to a forum that I participate in. We are a group of motorcycle enthusiasts who like to spend money modifying our bikes with products such as yours. Hopefully someone in your organization will take notice of this thread and understand just how detrimental poor service can be. These instances are examples of people ordering your products and receiving substandard service, and then spreading the word.
>
> https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=2944
>
> Yours truly,
>
> Marcus Randolph
------- End of Original Message -------

post #20 of 22 Old 10-11-2006, 07:35 AM
Unbannable

And how did you get yours before I got mine? I ordered one over two weeks ago! I'm calling them today after work and I'm going to let them know how happy I am.

post #21 of 22 Old 10-11-2006, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase

Quote:
A response from CA. Notice I still don't get a name, just 'sales':

Dear Marcus,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. These issues will be addressed promptly.

Best Regards,

Sales
Clear Alternatives
Las Vegas, NV 89120
1-866-CLR-LENS
www.clearalternatives.com <snip>
For all we know your email could have read by the same bonehead as I delt with. My emails never had a name attached.

post #22 of 22 Old 10-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase

Sounds like the phone may be more appropriate for this situation

2009 Honda Goldwing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode