Clear Alternatives - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 19 Old 06-13-2008, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Tirone??

Clear Alternatives

Well, I have had my Clear Alternatives integrator on for a few weeks now without any problems. Today after I got off the bike and checked it, I realized that it crapped out on me . The left portion will not light up red, but the left turns will work. The Right portion has running lights without Brakes, or turns. I called the company and they said to email them with my info and they would send a replacement out this coming week. Guess I will find out how their customer service is

2006 Honda 919

States visited on my 919
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 06-13-2008, 06:56 PM
No life like low life

Man that sucks, gotta piss you off! Hopefully they send your replacement ASAP.

Knees in the breeze!
post #3 of 19 Old 06-13-2008, 10:48 PM
a.k.a. Macgruber

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

You're freakin' me out man!
I ordered the integrated kit from morepowerracing.com on June 3rd, haven't received it yet. Starting to wonder if I'll get it at all - and if I do get it I'm afraid it's gonna fail. I've been reading about equal amounts of positive and negative feedback here on WT the past few days.
I'm glad to have a place to come poke around & get helpful tips & check out pics of what everyone else is doing for mods!

Abba Zaba, you my only friend.
post #4 of 19 Old 06-13-2008, 11:09 PM
Nine in the Sun

Ive had my clear alternative lights for almost two years with no problems at all. I love my integrated tail lights. (knock - on - wood) hehe

post #5 of 19 Old 06-13-2008, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Tirone??

Yeah, I really hope I just got a bad one. I have heard many people having them for years without problems. I sure love the way it looks, and operates, when it works. If they send me a replacement next week, I will be happy.

2006 Honda 919

States visited on my 919
post #6 of 19 Old 06-14-2008, 05:55 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

IMO the quality of Clearalternatives is not what it use to be. Too many failures have been reported. They have been removed from our recommended list of suppliers for electronic flashers. Unfortunately they are the only game in town. Good luck with the replacement unit.

post #7 of 19 Old 06-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Discen

their customer service is excellent. of course i only live about 8 miles from them so i can just go over there. i've burnt out 5 flashers in about 8 months. i have a tendency to forget to turn off my blinkers and they burn out. been having good luck with the current one.

post #8 of 19 Old 06-14-2008, 04:37 PM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMike View Post
IMO the quality of Clearalternatives is not what it use to be. Too many failures have been reported. They have been removed from our recommended list of suppliers for electronic flashers. Unfortunately they are the only game in town. Good luck with the replacement unit.
I haven't had trouble with my taillight, but reading your post about the flasher made me think they do have an issue with quality. I had a brand new flasher that I sent to a fellow WT member, when he went to install it he found out it was fried!

post #9 of 19 Old 06-14-2008, 04:41 PM
pew pew pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmell762 View Post
their customer service is excellent.
+1 There service is pretty good. My first LED board was blown before I could even put it in. Called them and they sent a replacement in no time flat. Seemed it was quicker to get replacement than the original. Though after only a couple of days the blinker reducer blew. Guess I just got a bad batch.

post #10 of 19 Old 06-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Discen

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmell762 View Post
their customer service is excellent.
+1 Had a row of LEDs go out in mine. Filled out the form they e-mailed me. Sent it to them on a Monday, had my replacement on Saturday.

2006 919 (Sold)
2011 Cb1000r

"oh no there ain't no rest for the wicked, until we close our eyes for good." - Cage The Elephant
post #11 of 19 Old 06-16-2008, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Tirone??

I sent them an email on Friday, and never heard back, so I called them. My email got dumped into their Junk Email Folder, and he brought it out and made out a slip to ship it today. Said there would be an included return shipping label. Sure hope the new one outlasts the old one. I love the unit.

2006 Honda 919

States visited on my 919
post #12 of 19 Old 06-16-2008, 04:48 PM
INFIDEL

Awards Showcase
BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

The only issue I have with my smoke CA lens is: where do I get replacement bulbs? I can't find red bulbs of that type at the Automotive store, nor do they (CA) sell it on their website.

I need 2 tail/brake light bulbs for the 919, with a red glass.

post #13 of 19 Old 06-16-2008, 07:14 PM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob919 View Post
The only issue I have with my smoke CA lens is: where do I get replacement bulbs? I can't find red bulbs of that type at the Automotive store, nor do they (CA) sell it on their website.

I need 2 tail/brake light bulbs for the 919, with a red glass.
You can order them from these guys: http://www.customdynamics.com/

OR

I bought replacements at Autozone, only parts store around here that carries them. Type 7743NA red.

post #14 of 19 Old 06-16-2008, 10:26 PM
INFIDEL

Awards Showcase
BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeau1960 View Post
You can order them from these guys: http://www.customdynamics.com/

OR

I bought replacements at Autozone, only parts store around here that carries them. Type 7743NA red.
Thanks man. I checked out that website, and couldn't find them. I'll try again more thoroughly...

I also tried the Autozone by my house. I'll have to check another location.

post #15 of 19 Old 06-17-2008, 05:05 AM
orange

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob919 View Post
Thanks man. I checked out that website, and couldn't find them. I'll try again more thoroughly...

I also tried the Autozone by my house. I'll have to check another location.
They're on this page, about halfway down: http://www.customdynamics.com/motorc...ndescent_Bulbs

The only problem is the shipping charges, unless you want to order some other stuff from them it makes the bulbs rather expensive.

I found mine at a big Autozone, not all of them seem to carry the specialty bulbs, were $5.99 for two. They are a bit fatter than the CA bulbs, but fit and work fine.

post #16 of 19 Old 06-17-2008, 05:42 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 

I bought a CA integrator off of ebay and it arrived in bad shape, had about 2 dozen cold solder joints on it. The seller on ebay offered a partial refund if I was able to fix it myself. I had also contacted CA to let them know what had happened, and they told me to send it back. I bit the bullet and just fixed it myself.

post #17 of 19 Old 06-18-2008, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Tirone??

Just an Update. They sent out the new LED board on Monday when I called them. I received the new board today and installed it. Works perfectly. While I was at it, I went and bought an electric flasher from the auto store for 9 bucks and used that instead of the resistors.

2006 Honda 919

States visited on my 919
post #18 of 19 Old 06-18-2008, 04:46 PM

Clear Alternatives

My friend has a ZRX 1200 R and he's had it since March 2008 and it looks great works good can clearly see the right and left turn signals when on and the guys had no problems. You might want to check and make sure that your flasher unit is a heavy duty, or the one from clear alternatives that is used for LEDs is to slow down the flash rate.

post #19 of 19 Old 06-18-2008, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Tirone??

Yea, the problem was not caused from the flasher tho, because the unit that failed on me had the stock flasher with the included resistors. The flasher I purchased is a pretty good electronic flasher which was recommended on this forum.

2006 Honda 919

States visited on my 919

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode