CB1000R $10,999 - Wrist Twisters
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 92 Old 12-01-2010, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
The chill Moderator
 
07919Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: COS:CO
Posts: 3,304
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

CB1000R $10,999

Login | Facebook

Not on the website yet but here it is on FB. That's a price I think most of us can wrap our heads around.

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
07919Dave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 92 Old 12-01-2010, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
The chill Moderator
 
07919Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: COS:CO
Posts: 3,304
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

They are also reporting the CBR250 will be $3,999 and then the ABS model will be $4,999

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
07919Dave is offline  
post #3 of 92 Old 12-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07919Dave View Post
They are also reporting the CBR250 will be $3,999 and then the ABS model will be $4,499
fixed...

11k for the CB1000R aint bad... a lil steep but im skewed with used prices.

nd4spdbh is offline  
post #4 of 92 Old 12-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Hastatus Posterior
 
Farab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,454
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07919Dave View Post
Login | Facebook

Not on the website yet but here it is on FB. That's a price I think most of us can wrap our heads around.
I guess thats not too bad.
Although you can get a Speed Triple for US$8K over there!

That equates to roughly NZ$14.3K
At the moment they are at NZ$15.3K here on a so called "Summer Special" (old stock) down from NZ$20K.

Farab is offline  
post #5 of 92 Old 12-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Former 919er
 
Ottawa919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,872
Blog Entries: 9
Rep Power: 1
 
$13999 in Canada and our dollar has been at near par with the US dollar for a while!

Ottawa919 is offline  
post #6 of 92 Old 12-01-2010, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
The chill Moderator
 
07919Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: COS:CO
Posts: 3,304
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

It is on the website if you read it, it is not on the quick specs yet.

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
07919Dave is offline  
post #7 of 92 Old 12-01-2010, 03:49 PM
The Cripple
 
Pvster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,764
Rep Power: 1
 
still not worth the 11,000 imo.... more so if you're coming from a 919.

Pvster is offline  
post #8 of 92 Old 12-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Optio
 
touring919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 917
Rep Power: 1
 
I'm happy with that CBR price! Under 4k and it has FI. If I could sell my wifes stupid blast for 2k i'd only have to come up with another 2k to get her a real bike.

11 for the CB is a bit steep. But not bad if you actually look at what you have to pay for other bikes now a days. The days of sub 10k bikes are over. Assuming you have a need for speed.

02 919 (RIP)
07 600RR
07 CRF450X
81 XS850
09 Versys
touring919 is offline  
post #9 of 92 Old 12-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Pilus Posterior
 
AllanB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,101
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
Good price.

Order yours today so you don't miss out. Limited edition in the USA I understand.

AllanB is offline  
post #10 of 92 Old 12-02-2010, 03:07 AM
Red Rider
 
Woody469's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 497
Rep Power: 1
 
Pretty decent considering I was expecting $12-13k!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Some people live and learn and some just live!
My blood runs Honda Red......
2003 Honda 919
2004 Honda 599
1999 Honda XR650L
Woody469 is offline  
post #11 of 92 Old 12-02-2010, 06:51 AM
Gets censored
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 1,839
Rep Power: 1
 
Meh you could by a 09 1000rr for 9k last year, not that I want one but....

brian is offline  
post #12 of 92 Old 12-02-2010, 07:43 AM
Seņor Calamares
 
applespeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 513
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
Good price for a liter class, Italian designed, Honda reliable bike. Now which bank to rob? ... lolz

applespeed is offline  
post #13 of 92 Old 12-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Hastatus Posterior
 
Farab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,454
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
still not worth the 11,000 imo.... more so if you're coming from a 919.
Hit nail on head.

Farab is offline  
post #14 of 92 Old 12-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Seņor Calamares
 
applespeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 513
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
Are you talking about the previous and current generation differences?
There is NO current bike that is worth the full MSRP if your coming from the previous gen of the same model imho. That is why we wait for used ones to buy.

applespeed is offline  
post #15 of 92 Old 12-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Hastatus Posterior
 
Farab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,454
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by applespeed View Post
Are you talking about the previous and current generation differences?
There is NO current bike that is worth the full MSRP if your coming from the previous gen of the same model imho. That is why we wait for used ones to buy.
I get what you are saying, but what would be an acceptable or reasonable jump from the old model's last RRP to the new model's RRP?

In NZ the increase was 100%, a bit rediculous, I reckon.

To illustrate how absurd this increase in RRP is; the increase between the old and new Z1000 is only 15% !!!

Now that its been dropped from 20 to 15, its still the same 100% difference in cost between the old and the new, as 3 years worth of deprecation has kicked in on our 919's.

Farab is offline  
post #16 of 92 Old 12-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Tesserarius
 
sml2727's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa
Posts: 603
Rep Power: 1
 
Yeah im sure you could nab these end of rideing season next year for 7800-8500 range.

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people do in a lifetime" - Burt Munro
sml2727 is offline  
post #17 of 92 Old 12-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Seņor Calamares
 
applespeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 513
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sml2727 View Post
Yeah im sure you could nab these end of rideing season next year for 7800-8500 range.
Well hopefully this is what happens. Might mean that honda wont release any more nakeds for the US market though...


The way I kinda look at it is the msrp 2500 price difference
2007 honda 919 msrp: 8499
2011 honda cb1000r msrp: 10999

Would I pay 2500 to mod my 919 up and make it look and perform like a cb1000r? Probably.



you know you want it ...

Although noone paid MSRP for the 919 back then, cuz demand was so low, they were deeply discounted. No reason at all for honda then to bring out the 1000r here, but they did, and kudos to them. Its a gamble.

The thing is if you dont have a bike right now, and your looking for a brand new 0 mile liter class naked, 10999 isnt horrible. If you already have a 919 and you're in love with it, as i am, then no reason to buy another naked.

just my 2 pesos...

applespeed is offline  
post #18 of 92 Old 12-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Hastatus Posterior
 
Farab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,454
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by applespeed View Post
The way I kinda look at it is the msrp 2500 price difference
2007 honda 919 msrp: 8499
2011 honda cb1000r msrp: 10999
So a 30% jump, that's is still ok-ish.

Farab is offline  
post #19 of 92 Old 12-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Aquilifer
 
PAULIBIKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Posts: 1,227
Rep Power: 1
 
You know you want one......................


PAULIBIKER is offline  
post #20 of 92 Old 12-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Pilus Posterior
 
AllanB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,101
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by applespeed View Post
Would I pay 2500 to mod my 919 up and make it look and perform like a cb1000r? Probably.
You'd drop more than $2500 to do it. Suspension upgrades, brakes, yadda yadda.

They are one of those few bikes that work in white too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ad-koncept-creates-h_460x0w.jpg (28.4 KB, 30 views)

AllanB is offline  
post #21 of 92 Old 12-02-2010, 03:57 PM
rmb
Let's go!
 
rmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sussex Couty NJ
Posts: 7,649
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

I like the white

rmb is offline  
post #22 of 92 Old 12-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Philanthropist
 
Dave W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: DFW
Posts: 742
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

I will buy one, maybe not next season but it's my next bike. Unless I can get a deal on a new on the floor B-King or a VFR at a good price.

But I think the CB1000 is pretty sweet.

Dave W. is offline  
post #23 of 92 Old 12-02-2010, 05:30 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior
 
The Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Posts: 2,762
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by applespeed View Post
Well hopefully this is what happens. Might mean that honda wont release any more nakeds for the US market though...


The way I kinda look at it is the msrp 2500 price difference
2007 honda 919 msrp: 8499
2011 honda cb1000r msrp: 10999

Would I pay 2500 to mod my 919 up and make it look and perform like a cb1000r? Probably.



you know you want it ...

Although noone paid MSRP for the 919 back then, cuz demand was so low, they were deeply discounted. No reason at all for honda then to bring out the 1000r here, but they did, and kudos to them. Its a gamble.

The thing is if you dont have a bike right now, and your looking for a brand new 0 mile liter class naked, 10999 isnt horrible. If you already have a 919 and you're in love with it, as i am, then no reason to buy another naked.

just my 2 pesos...
+1...I think my 9'er has several more years in her.

Aside from the awful stock muffler, the only real thing I don't like about the Cb1000r is those lightning-bolt radiator shrouds...maybe its just me




.

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
The Shadow is offline  
post #24 of 92 Old 12-02-2010, 06:02 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)
 
andrewebay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,883
Rep Power: 1
 
3 years, unless it's limited quantity/time in the US like Allan says, it should be around $7k used. I'll be on the 9er til then. And definitely white!

andrewebay1 is offline  
post #25 of 92 Old 12-03-2010, 01:00 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior
 
Sniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,490
Rep Power: 1
 
I love that mufler. Get that racket away from my ears and the stench away from my jacket. I HATE hi pipes, the stupidest idea on a streetbike, ever!

Sniper is offline  
post #26 of 92 Old 12-03-2010, 06:01 AM
Bacon-powered
 
ekovach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 574
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
+1...I think my 9'er has several more years in her.

Aside from the awful stock muffler, the only real thing I don't like about the Cb1000r is those lightning-bolt radiator shrouds...maybe its just me
Agreed. My first mod is going to be getting rid of the lightning bolts.

Preschool - Kawasaki 100 enduro
Grade School - Honda CB 125
High School - Honda 400 Hawk
College - Honda VT500 Ascot
Real life - Honda 919
ekovach is offline  
post #27 of 92 Old 12-03-2010, 07:45 AM
Seņor Calamares
 
applespeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 513
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I love that mufler. Get that racket away from my ears and the stench away from my jacket. I HATE hi pipes, the stupidest idea on a streetbike, ever!
Are there lo-pipe conversions for the superduke available or is it gonna be all custom?

applespeed is offline  
post #28 of 92 Old 12-03-2010, 08:34 AM
LDH
Test Rider
 
LDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: by the ocean
Posts: 4,337
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

I'm leaving the exhaust completely stock!

I already have the Ohlins shock waiting for the bike to arrive & I am also going to put the OEM calipers back on my racebike so I can mount the GP4's on the naked






LDH is offline  
post #29 of 92 Old 12-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Seņor Calamares
 
applespeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 513
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
^ZOMG!!!

applespeed is offline  
post #30 of 92 Old 12-03-2010, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
The chill Moderator
 
07919Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: COS:CO
Posts: 3,304
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

My local dealer had no clue when they are going to get them. The salespeople didn't even know the price till I told them. luckily a manager walked by and said they ordered two but still no idea and when they would come "but you could put a $50 deposit down if you really want it your name will go on a list and we will call you when they come in!"

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
07919Dave is offline  
post #31 of 92 Old 12-03-2010, 10:12 AM
LDH
Test Rider
 
LDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: by the ocean
Posts: 4,337
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07919Dave View Post
My local dealer had no clue when they are going to get them. The salespeople didn't even know the price till I told them. luckily a manager walked by and said they ordered two but still no idea and when they would come "but you could put a $50 deposit down if you really want it your name will go on a list and we will call you when they come in!"

Typical bullshit from a Stealership... Luckily back home in the South I have a little pull in that situation & I just tell them that if they want to make the sale then they call me when the first one hits the floor and I will come down there, uncrate & prep it myself. They know I am serious and that if they don't give me first crack at it then I am not going to buy it from them period. Most sales managers like a guaranteed sale from me rather than a haggle or possible backout from another customer so they usually treat me right.

LDH is offline  
post #32 of 92 Old 12-03-2010, 10:49 AM
McTavish
 
mcromo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,595
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
I'm leaving the exhaust completely stock!

I already have the Ohlins shock waiting for the bike to arrive & I am also going to put the OEM calipers back on my racebike so I can mount the GP4's on the naked





Those calipers are an art form in their own right.
Want want covet covet

mcromo44 is offline  
post #33 of 92 Old 12-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Optio
 
touring919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 917
Rep Power: 1
 
HOping my local dealer has one available for test rides.

That bike looks good. And is worth every bit of the upgraded price. Can't build a 919 for that. Assuming you started with a new bike and new parts.

Thats why its easy to buy newer bikes than newer cars. Cars, easy to build an old one faster than a new one. And for way less money. Bikes, not so much. Back in 08 It would have been very dificult to get an 05-07 1000rr to run with a new 08 for the same money invseted. Same goes for getting a used 08 to go as fast as a new BMW 1000rr.

02 919 (RIP)
07 600RR
07 CRF450X
81 XS850
09 Versys
touring919 is offline  
post #34 of 92 Old 12-03-2010, 12:38 PM
LDH
Test Rider
 
LDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: by the ocean
Posts: 4,337
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by touring919 View Post
HOping my local dealer has one available for test rides.

That bike looks good. And is worth every bit of the upgraded price. Can't build a 919 for that. Assuming you started with a new bike and new parts.

Thats why its easy to buy newer bikes than newer cars. Cars, easy to build an old one faster than a new one. And for way less money. Bikes, not so much. Back in 08 It would have been very dificult to get an 05-07 1000rr to run with a new 08 for the same money invseted. Same goes for getting a used 08 to go as fast as a new BMW 1000rr.

Shhhhh Don't tell my 2004 1000RR it hasn't heard that news yet...

LDH is offline  
post #35 of 92 Old 12-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Tesserarius
 
sml2727's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa
Posts: 603
Rep Power: 1
 
You already know they wont sell well in the states, naked bikes never do, all the kids want gixxers.

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people do in a lifetime" - Burt Munro
sml2727 is offline  
post #36 of 92 Old 12-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Hastatus Posterior
 
Farab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,454
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
I'm leaving the exhaust completely stock!
+1 I don't know why so much negativity towards the exhaust? I reckon its one of the better designed looking exhausts amongst the current generation of sport/y bikes. Its suits the bike, IMO.

Farab is offline  
post #37 of 92 Old 12-05-2010, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
The chill Moderator
 
07919Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: COS:CO
Posts: 3,304
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

It is not horrible but I dont think I would change it. Look how easy it is to take those passenger pegs off, with a fender eliminator kit on it that back end is going to look so clean.

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
07919Dave is offline  
post #38 of 92 Old 12-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Pilus Posterior
 
AllanB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,101
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
The exterior of the exhaust is a cover only - ugly stuff resides under the cover. You'll notice the under engine cat is visible on the bikes with after-market mufflers.

I agree out of the modern pipes it looks good - Personally I'd pop off the cover and paint it black which would visibly reduce it's size.

Ugly pipes - look at the bananas on the GSXR's, or the origami on the Kawasakis.

AllanB is offline  
post #39 of 92 Old 12-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Discen
 
aciarrocc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Radford or Front Royal, Virginia
Posts: 280
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by applespeed View Post
Well hopefully this is what happens. Might mean that honda wont release any more nakeds for the US market though...


The way I kinda look at it is the msrp 2500 price difference
2007 honda 919 msrp: 8499
2011 honda cb1000r msrp: 10999

Would I pay 2500 to mod my 919 up and make it look and perform like a cb1000r? Probably.



you know you want it ...

Although noone paid MSRP for the 919 back then, cuz demand was so low, they were deeply discounted. No reason at all for honda then to bring out the 1000r here, but they did, and kudos to them. Its a gamble.

The thing is if you dont have a bike right now, and your looking for a brand new 0 mile liter class naked, 10999 isnt horrible. If you already have a 919 and you're in love with it, as i am, then no reason to buy another naked.

just my 2 pesos...
AGREED I WANT IT

aciarrocc is offline  
post #40 of 92 Old 12-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Pilus Posterior
 
AllanB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,101
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
That black one in the image above has many thousands of $ of Rizoma trickery one it. Must be their demo ride! Nice case saver.

AllanB is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome