canuck needs a lil help - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 15 Old 07-29-2010, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Heavy Metal

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 5

canuck needs a lil help

There's a fella from Halifax over on Fireblades that is sucking a little wind on a 9r lump resurrection...qualified philanthropists feel free to drop by

Project 919.... bottom end noise. Video Inside. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org

cheers
-rd

15 seconds from talkin sh!t...
panhandling for gas money to CMP
the Project
H87 No Guts No Glory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-30-2010, 05:33 AM
My friends call me Bill

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

interesting reading

post #3 of 15 Old 07-30-2010, 08:46 AM
919>food>beer

No offense meant to you but that guy is a freaking moron, there is an obvious knock and he's revving the piss out of the engine and then in the first video he is running the engine with zero oil in it destroying everything else that wasn't already bad.

post #4 of 15 Old 07-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

The guy is also a new member here. Posted looking for a motor.

https://wristtwisters.com/want-buy/24...919-motor.html

post #5 of 15 Old 07-30-2010, 09:54 AM
919>food>beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike View Post
The guy is also a new member here. Posted looking for a motor.

https://wristtwisters.com/want-buy/24...919-motor.html
yeah, that would be a good idea, the crank is probably suffering some pretty good scoring after tuning it over so much with no oil, and there is either a egg shaped rod end or wrist pin

post #6 of 15 Old 07-30-2010, 03:38 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
No offense meant to you but that guy is a freaking moron, there is an obvious knock and he's revving the piss out of the engine and then in the first video he is running the engine with zero oil in it destroying everything else that wasn't already bad.
Jeef,
It's not what you think.
I've had some back and forth with him on side.
The video was done after he replaced the pan and refilled with oil.
He's a helicopter mechanic, not an engine destroyer.

post #7 of 15 Old 07-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Ian

Quote:

Don't jump to conclusions about my mechanical knowledge bub. Maybe if you read the thread from start to finish and paid attention to the words you could wrap your head around what it is i was actually doing. And thanks for running your mouth like a little bitch, way to make a good impression.

post #8 of 15 Old 07-30-2010, 04:48 PM
919>food>beer

you say in the first post that there is "a noise" aka knocking from the bottom end. Turning the engine over at all after you notice the knocking is doing nothing but damage... so being a Heli mech why would you continue to run and turn the engine over? I guess being the bitch I am I just can't understand it, my bitch ass would have started with tearing the engine down to find the problem rather than creating more... but I'm not a professional mechanic so what do I know.

post #9 of 15 Old 07-30-2010, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Heavy Metal

Awards Showcase

Ease up Jeef, there's more than meets the eye going on here....besides, we can cut a fng a break no?

Welcome Heli-M, glad you found your way.

FYI Gang, the Fireblades mods took exception to my recent posts and deleted them. Even so, H-M found his way over here and I trust he'll get the needed guidance/assistance befitting WT.

cheers
-Pete

15 seconds from talkin sh!t...
panhandling for gas money to CMP
the Project
H87 No Guts No Glory
post #10 of 15 Old 07-30-2010, 05:27 PM
919 aka Hornet 900

please do not run your engine if it sounds like that

post #11 of 15 Old 07-30-2010, 05:29 PM
McTavish

Quote:
you say in the first post that there is "a noise" aka knocking from the bottom end. Turning the engine over at all after you notice the knocking is doing nothing but damage... so being a Heli mech why would you continue to run and turn the engine over? I guess being the bitch I am I just can't understand it, my bitch ass would have started with tearing the engine down to find the problem rather than creating more... but I'm not a professional mechanic so what do I know.
Which is why some engines with a single real bad hammering big end can keep on running and running and running. The journal is already shot, and the insert is toast but you'd be amazed what will sometimes live - under low rev light loads that is.
Memories from being a gas pump jockey and serving some scary beater cars.

post #12 of 15 Old 07-30-2010, 05:56 PM
919>food>beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratdog View Post
Ease up Jeef, there's more than meets the eye going on here....besides, we can cut a fng a break no?

Welcome Heli-M, glad you found your way.

FYI Gang, the Fireblades mods took exception to my recent posts and deleted them. Even so, H-M found his way over here and I trust he'll get the needed guidance/assistance befitting WT.

cheers
-Pete
I'm more than happy to help... I've rebuilt more than my share of honda engines (used to race Crx's, road, auto-x, and drag and would build frankenstien engines for them before I got the bike) I however, don't believe in sugar coating and will call it as I see it.

He needs to ensure he doesn't turn the bike over anymore, tear it down and break out a micrometer. I can almost guarantee at least one if not more of his rods end bearings spun from oil starvation and the crank and rod end are now an egg shape from beating back and forth. If you stop running the engine at the first sign of knocking you can at least have the possibility of saving the crank by having it turned it if you don't score it too bad. I've seen it and dealt with it.

The other possible cause being the wrist pins is just letting the piston bash back and forth with every revolution, scoring it deeper and deeper, so rather than just honing the cylinder wall for one piston and re ringing one piston, you have to bore out every cyl. get new pistons, rings and ect.

So my advice to help is tear it down and look to see what damage has been done and go from there.

post #13 of 15 Old 07-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Ian

Quote:
I'm more than happy to help... I've rebuilt more than my share of honda engines (used to race Crx's, road, auto-x, and drag and would build frankenstien engines for them before I got the bike) I however, don't believe in sugar coating and will call it as I see it.

He needs to ensure he doesn't turn the bike over anymore, tear it down and break out a micrometer. I can almost guarantee at least one if not more of his rods end bearings spun from oil starvation and the crank and rod end are now an egg shape from beating back and forth. If you stop running the engine at the first sign of knocking you can at least have the possibility of saving the crank by having it turned it if you don't score it too bad. I've seen it and dealt with it.

The other possible cause being the wrist pins is just letting the piston bash back and forth with every revolution, scoring it deeper and deeper, so rather than just honing the cylinder wall for one piston and re ringing one piston, you have to bore out every cyl. get new pistons, rings and ect.

So my advice to help is tear it down and look to see what damage has been done and go from there.

I didn't come on here asking for help from you Jeef ............ if you understood what the word "philanthropist" meant you wouldn't start off a comment by calling someone you don't know a moron.

Also why do you want to drag my career into this, i work on stuff that is a little bit more complex then your D-series/B-series/LSVTEC/mini-me bullshit you raced around a mall parking.

You said i ran the bike with no oil, which never happened. I pulled the bike off the trailer in my drive way, fired it up. Filmed it as a reference, so i had something to show people. And within an afternoon it was out of the bike on a bench getting checked over.

The problem with putting videos in threads is idiots skip the words and explanations and go right for the video. Then start running there mouth with no idea what they are talking about. Maybe instead on "calling it as you see it", you should try and "call it as a you read it".

RD.....thanks for the kind words,and and info. And its like you said about the "bladeforum" mods, Karma can can be a bitch.

Cheers,
Ian

post #14 of 15 Old 07-30-2010, 06:41 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

So.. forum mods have problems with other forums..... and some people watch videos and comment before reading posts..... I think I got it now.

(totally meant for humor)

P.S.- HeliMech, hello and welcome! I personally don't have enough experience to offer an opinion and help(or not), but welcome anyway.

post #15 of 15 Old 08-03-2010, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Heavy Metal

Awards Showcase

rmb - fireblades was purchased by a conglomerate some time back and the "no other forum" thing is a rule/policy...bugs me when something that is a grassroots community has to eliminate free speech because of money

jeef - thx 4 steppin up to help, we'll get the good details once the lumpectomy is underway

h-m - welcome to WT, stick and move, duck and cover, these are things to keep in mind if the combination of useful info and WT-style-love fits the bill

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode