Can anyone spare a square - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 10-17-2010, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Can anyone spare a square

Hey guys.. I have seem to have lost one of the bolts for my rear mud guard... wondering if any of you guys that have removed your read guard as a mod can spare a bolt or two??...

P.S. Try to minize the "hey cheap oh!, go buy one!." comments

I called around a few Honda shops and they want $5.00 for a bolt!... And I tried to find something similar in look to OEM and no luck so far from a few hardware stores...

I figured a stamp and envelop and donated bolt(s) would be cheaper..

Thanks guys!
Attached Images
File Type: png 919_Screw.png (251.1 KB, 14 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Pilus Posterior

It will be under the left rear foot of the beer fridge in the garage. - That is where most of my dropped bolts end up. Or in my sons bedroom - he has a habit of collecting 'spare parts' as he calls them, from my work bench. I suspect he is quietly collecting enough parts to build himself a mini-bike!

post #3 of 7 Old 10-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Aquilifer

I've purchased a couple of "Screwed Industries Motorcycle Bolt" kits in the past and have to say it's great having spares. Sometimes the look isn't right, but the lengths and pitch are spot on.

You can usually get a dozen misc bolts for < $10.

I dunno if this link will work, but ( as an example ) go to ( as an example ) Jake Wilson and search for fasteners.
Fasteners | Motorcycle Shop Equipment | Jake Wilson

post #4 of 7 Old 10-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Aquilifer

I was taught that stuff always fell into the oil drain pan unless you had a motor you were assembling then it fell in there.

Rich

post #5 of 7 Old 10-17-2010, 04:01 PM
919 aka Hornet 900

Go to your local Honda dealer and ask if they have a "Junk drawer". I don't know if it's a good thing but my local Honda shop has one full of misc. bolts and screws

post #6 of 7 Old 10-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T81 View Post
Go to your local Honda dealer and ask if they have a "Junk drawer". I don't know if it's a good thing but my local Honda shop has one full of misc. bolts and screws
Hahahahha

That will be from rebuilds on customers bikes - there is always at least one bolt left over .........

A friend rebuilt a XL Honda motor years ago and had a jar of around 6 really important looking bolts left over before we fired it up - he started it anyway and that engine ran like a dream for years!

Plus I think the bike & car shops nick them ...... most times I've paid for a service I usually find a bolt missing - air cleaner cover bolt, side cover etc etc. I had a auto serviced on a car and they had forgotten to tighten up an entire engine mount that had to be dropped during the service! I wondered why it was shifting poorly on the way home so stuck my head under and had a look!

post #7 of 7 Old 10-17-2010, 04:27 PM
Immune

Just take one of the remaining bolts out and up to the hardware store. You'll find something.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode