bt021 update.. - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 5 Old 03-25-2009, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

bt021 update..

hi everyone,

so far i have 4700 miles on current set of bt021 and the rear looks like it has about another 500 miles left in it; the front i sfairing much better as it appears that another 2500miles is within reach.

I really like th efeel, grip of tires and if i manage 5200miles for a rear and 7,000miles for a front, I am quite pleased as the pilot powers 2cts i've previosuly run on my sv last only till about 3500-4k.

btw, in talking to some other high mileage riders on Sunday, two of them raved about the mileage they are getting from the dunlop roadsmarts. one had 8k on his and another had 5k and there was noticeable thread left.
additionally, they both said that the tires are grrippy with excellent wet weather capabiities.

tought i 'd passed that on.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-25-2009, 10:48 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

use the search button. We discuss this about every week or so. Stock tires suck balls. You typically can get twice the mileage out of the front as you do the rear. If you want high mileage then look into Michelin Road 2ct tires and look up Robtharlsons report on them. ( he got 13k outta a rear) Road smarts are also a favorite for high mileage as well as Pirelli Stradas. My Strada had more grip than a stock tire and lasted 8500 miles. some people have gotten 10k from a strada rear. I like the Road 2ct better than the strada.

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
post #3 of 5 Old 03-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Franklin McGillacutty

I fon't have a problem with the stock tires, but will probaly switch when they wear out.

post #4 of 5 Old 03-25-2009, 03:49 PM
My friends call me Bill

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

installed the 2ct's a few weeks back, so far, they are awesome

post #5 of 5 Old 03-27-2009, 10:10 AM
I Love Parallel Twins

I have Metzelers Lasertecs Fr & Rr, they came stock. I have almost 3 K on them now and front still looks new while the rear has a definite flat middle section worn down. Kinda looks like a car tire tire with rounded shoulders. They have had super grip, still do since the begining. I do not do burnouts so it must just be the shear power output of that parallel twin 865!!! Hahahahahaha, All 67 horsepower!

JDubya
Harleyville, South Carolina
USA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode