Braveheart is for sale. . . - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Optio

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 
Total Awards: 2

Braveheart is for sale. . .

Here she is for sale, the Roland Sands' Braveheart. Most likely a consignment.

http://motorcycles-unlimited.com/index.htm

Scorpio hasn't posted on WT for a while since taking delivery of the RS Braveheart. I believe his last post was when he got a Ducati 848. Here's his thread when he took delivery of Braveheart. . .

https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...t=Roland+sands

Scorpio, are you out there? Why are you selling?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 10:58 AM
919, CRF250X, LC4, CB400F

$$$$14K!!!!!!

Obsession is a word the lazy use to define the dedicated.
post #3 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 11:19 AM
My friends call me Bill

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

post #4 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Optio

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcent View Post
$$$$14K!!!!!!
Yep. . .it's a lot. But let's see. . .retail on the parts alone (especially the Ohlins, brakes, wheels, 599 gauge/headlight conversion, etc., etc.,etc.), Sands' time and fabrication, paint, etc., etc. ---For whomever wants a custom one-off, it might be a steal. Scorpio got it for less than $11k off Ebay from the raffle winner of the Braveheart. Personally, I'd spend my $14k on something else.

post #5 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Praefectus Castrorum

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9nineteen View Post
Yep. . .it's a lot. But let's see. . .retail on the parts alone (especially the Ohlins, brakes, wheels, 599 gauge/headlight conversion, etc., etc.,etc.), Sands' time and fabrication, paint, etc., etc. ---For whomever wants a custom one-off, it might be a steal. Scorpio got it for less than $11k off Ebay from the raffle winner of the Braveheart. Personally, I'd spend my $14k on something else.
Good points. It will be worth whatever someone wants to pay for it. I wouldn't pay 14k, but someone might. And it's still a sweet bike, no matter what it ends up selling for...

Spoiler:
"The list is an absolute good. The list is life."

"What kind'a tires you runnin'?"

post #6 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 12:40 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

I just found out the bike existed last night in a Honda magazine i was looking at and happened to see it. I was going to ask if anyone has seen it before. Obviously it has been seen and I just didn't know about it.

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
post #7 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Optio

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

When the 919 first appeared at the Honda dealer back 2002, I was always intrigued by it. It wasn't until I saw the EMA 919 that it became more apparent what I wanted in the 919. . .

Then the Roland Sands bike, though with over-the-top bling wheels, soldified my project 919. . .

And my comparatively small budget project 919 (I've since installed Brembo HP rotors and rethinking the Ohlins rear shock, which I had and sold). . .

post #8 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Corner speed sets u free

Garage

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

I'm curious to know why it only ended up with a little over a 1k miles on it.

To quote the winner form the article
Quote:
"I'm going to ride the tires off of it," said Browne, 33, an avid motorcyclist since age 5.
I have to wonder is there something wrong with the bike? maybe it's been customized too much and doesn't do so well on a ride? i don't know, but i do wonder.

post #9 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation 

Yup, them wheels are the chizit!

post #10 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

i will trade him even for a 2007 919 with 4000 miles on it....

post #11 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Machine Head

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
it's a honda.
trust it.
non-trustworthy moments will be the drastic and rare exception to the rule.

of course, if you bought it used or monkeyed around with it yourself, the Honda-y goodness has been compromised.

but let it run hot. let it do whatever it tells you it wants to do. don't punish it by shutting it off ! trust the bike.

trust Soichiro.

but yeah, all modern bikes: front running lights, headlights, taillights, inst. lights, cooling fan, f.i. computer and fuel pump..they all add up.
keep that battery charged.
Yeah

-Mark-
There's gold in them hills
post #12 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 08:17 PM
INFIDEL

Awards Showcase
BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9nineteen View Post
Here she is for sale, the Roland Sands' Braveheart. Most likely a consignment.

http://motorcycles-unlimited.com/index.htm

Scorpio hasn't posted on WT for a while since taking delivery of the RS Braveheart. I believe his last post was when he got a Ducati 848. Here's his thread when he took delivery of Braveheart. . .

https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...t=Roland+sands

Scorpio, are you out there? Why are you selling?
Tom still posts on the local bike forum. I didn't realize he was selling Braveheart?! MU is a local bike shop that sells on consignment.

btw, his 848 is beautiful! If I had to get rid of one, it would probably be the Braveheart in consideration of the cost.

post #13 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Shoot to stop

That's a dang nice bike there. Too bad it has Roland Sands funk all over it (sorry, just don't like the guy from what I've seen, he could be a great guy for all I know). It's too bad they didn't go with the metal rear cowl at the back of the seat that they show pics of on the Cycle World website. I'd like to get my hands on all of the metal work that was done for it.

2003 Honda 919 - flapper mod, Clear Alternatives Smoke Tailight w/ integral turn signals, Stebel Nautilus air horn, DIY fender eliminator, LED license plate bolts, LED front turn signals, no resistor or new flasher so I blink like crazy.
post #14 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 08:43 PM
INFIDEL

Awards Showcase
BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streakin919 View Post
I'm curious to know why it only ended up with a little over a 1k miles on it.

To quote the winner form the article

I have to wonder is there something wrong with the bike? maybe it's been customized too much and doesn't do so well on a ride? i don't know, but i do wonder.
Just got the lowdown from Tom. Basicly, he's just too afraid to ride it for fear of scratching it up, getting caught up in the rain, etc. He thinks it oughto be for a collector, considering there's only one bike like this in the world.

post #15 of 20 Old 11-25-2008, 07:08 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardking View Post
That's a dang nice bike there. Too bad it has Roland Sands funk all over it (sorry, just don't like the guy from what I've seen, he could be a great guy for all I know). .
could have been worse...... it could have been done by those a$$hats at orange county choppers.... geees i can see it now... front end stretched 12 feet and a rear tire 3 feet wide and a tonka truck cut in half and j/b welded to the side of the tank with neon stripes on the side ..... and 3/4ths of a cambells soup can added somewhere for some reason and all the time these guys are building it they are screaming and throwing sh!!t like chimps at the zoo........

honestly i wouldnt ride anything they made... not on a dare...

post #16 of 20 Old 11-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Sixty-9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by barton664 View Post
could have been worse...... it could have been done by those a$$hats at orange county choppers.... geees i can see it now... front end stretched 12 feet and a rear tire 3 feet wide and a tonka truck cut in half and j/b welded to the side of the tank with neon stripes on the side ..... and 3/4ths of a cambells soup can added somewhere for some reason and all the time these guys are building it they are screaming and throwing sh!!t like chimps at the zoo........

honestly i wouldnt ride anything they made... not on a dare...
May not be your style (or mine) but the creativity and ingenuity they have is amazing. Their work with the five axis flow jet is leading the way for a whole new way to build. A statement like that about their talent to build custom bikes makes it sound like you've never seen their work. They have done a lot for the motorcycle industry in the last 8 years, I'd give them props even though they do act like chimps.

"Grip it and Rip it!"
post #17 of 20 Old 11-25-2008, 09:51 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgecrusher4444 View Post
May not be your style (or mine) but the creativity and ingenuity they have is amazing. Their work with the five axis flow jet is leading the way for a whole new way to build. A statement like that about their talent to build custom bikes makes it sound like you've never seen their work. They have done a lot for the motorcycle industry in the last 8 years, I'd give them props even though they do act like chimps.
i started learning metal fabrication at the age of 11ish.. my father owned a welding and fabrication company.. my oldest brother is a mechanical engineer and a master welder.. i worked as a fabricator before going into law enforcement and after i quit LE i went back to welding fab... i got hurt 2.5 years ago and had to go into sales.. all that to tell you this... i have seen nothing they have done that impresses me... i live less than 2 miles from eddie trottas shop and less than 1 mile from bourgets bike shop.. once again i have seen nothing they have done that impresses me.. there are bikes on this site modified by your and my comembers that are of more quality workmanship and i would not hesitate to ride.. i grew up building dune buggies, motorcycles, etc.. as did my brothers.. oldest brother will tell you the same thing...OCC hit it big time and did wonders for the custom bike industry and they made a butt load of money.. and i would not ride anything assembled/built by them..

funny/true story.. eddie trotta had a customer bought a custom from him.. went for a ride.. bike broke in half!!... he told the customer "they are built to look at not to ride"...

i'm sorry i find OCC "creations" ugly, unsafe, and unworthy of the fame they have received.. its just my opinion.. if you like them go right ahead.

post #18 of 20 Old 11-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Shoot to stop

Quote:
i'm sorry i find OCC "creations" ugly, unsafe, and unworthy of the fame they have received.. its just my opinion.. if you like them go right ahead.
100% agreed, and I agree with you on your comment in response to mine about Sands. I like some of the work that Sands does, but the few times I've seen him on TV, I just wanted to reach out and pimp slap the little rich b*stard. Could be that I'm just envious. Of course, if he'd start putting out stuff for the 919 (that I could afford), then I might like him a little better.

2003 Honda 919 - flapper mod, Clear Alternatives Smoke Tailight w/ integral turn signals, Stebel Nautilus air horn, DIY fender eliminator, LED license plate bolts, LED front turn signals, no resistor or new flasher so I blink like crazy.
post #19 of 20 Old 11-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Ride Offensively

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
i started learning metal fabrication at the age of 11ish.. my father owned a welding and fabrication company.. my oldest brother is a mechanical engineer and a master welder.. i worked as a fabricator before going into law enforcement and after i quit LE i went back to welding fab... i got hurt 2.5 years ago and had to go into sales.. all that to tell you this... i have seen nothing they have done that impresses me... i live less than 2 miles from eddie trottas shop and less than 1 mile from bourgets bike shop.. once again i have seen nothing they have done that impresses me.. there are bikes on this site modified by your and my comembers that are of more quality workmanship and i would not hesitate to ride.. i grew up building dune buggies, motorcycles, etc.. as did my brothers.. oldest brother will tell you the same thing...OCC hit it big time and did wonders for the custom bike industry and they made a butt load of money.. and i would not ride anything assembled/built by them..

funny/true story.. eddie trotta had a customer bought a custom from him.. went for a ride.. bike broke in half!!... he told the customer "they are built to look at not to ride"...

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is why I buy The Horse magazine, and have been a subscriber to it for over 15 years. The asshats at OCC are just that, and I stopped at Trotta's shop and the bikes are UGLY, I lifted a seat, and was disgusted at how the wiring and welds looked, I would not ride that crap anywhere unless I was looking to break down.

Vinnie and Cody left OCC for the monkey attitudes, and The Paul Sr would not even talk to Vinnie on his way out, the guy who made crap happen at the company when the Primadonna Pual Jr would not show or was late, and no one heard of Cody leaving, well he and Vinnie are on thier own making bikes and have a shop together.
Hopefully they can build better bikes.

I Can and will ride anything!
Bikes I own:
New addition 1978 CB750Four
2006 919
1994 home built springer
1984 KLR 600
1953 Servi-car (I gotta get this put back together)
1942 WLA (Gotta finish this one as well)
1985 Honda 200M ATC
1985 Honda ATC 70
1997 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4X4 ATV
Early 1984 Ironhead Sporty (Wife has laid claim to this bike)
1986 Sporty that I am putting a ironhead engine into
YEA BIGDAA I Gotta GUN!
It's not that I am punishing YOU, I am just taking YOUR money and giving it to LAZY Asses who refuse to get off the TIT of the Government...Obama to Joe the Plumber
post #20 of 20 Old 11-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Ride Offensively

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardking View Post
100% agreed, and I agree with you on your comment in response to mine about Sands. I like some of the work that Sands does, but the few times I've seen him on TV, I just wanted to reach out and pimp slap the little rich b*stard. Could be that I'm just envious. Of course, if he'd start putting out stuff for the 919 (that I could afford), then I might like him a little better.
If the 919 would catch on like a fad like the wide tire stretched bikes did, then the parts would be out there, but the affordability issue would be at hand, not gonna happen

I Can and will ride anything!
Bikes I own:
New addition 1978 CB750Four
2006 919
1994 home built springer
1984 KLR 600
1953 Servi-car (I gotta get this put back together)
1942 WLA (Gotta finish this one as well)
1985 Honda 200M ATC
1985 Honda ATC 70
1997 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4X4 ATV
Early 1984 Ironhead Sporty (Wife has laid claim to this bike)
1986 Sporty that I am putting a ironhead engine into
YEA BIGDAA I Gotta GUN!
It's not that I am punishing YOU, I am just taking YOUR money and giving it to LAZY Asses who refuse to get off the TIT of the Government...Obama to Joe the Plumber

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode