brake pedal position: coerce rearset - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 8 Old 08-20-2010, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
Cornicen

brake pedal position: coerce rearset

Anyone else using the coerce rearset for the 919? I find the position of the brake pedal to be way high. I have to over flex my foot to get my toe over the pedal to depress it. I cant really ride with my foot at the "ready" position on top of the lever. Any fixes for that? I cant imagine how to adjust it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-20-2010, 06:25 AM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda ng gingsa View Post
Anyone else using the coerce rearset for the 919? I find the position of the brake pedal to be way high. I have to over flex my foot to get my toe over the pedal to depress it. I cant really ride with my foot at the "ready" position on top of the lever. Any fixes for that? I cant imagine how to adjust it.

No one's rearsets rope you in to one position only.
There must be adjustment capability.
The stock rear brake master cylinder has adjustment at the bottom, have you tried that ?
If you are not sure what to do at the master cylinder, check the factory manual for rear brake lever position adjustment.
I don't know the details of the Coerce rearsets, but imagine that they rely on the factory rear master cylinder for adjustment.
How about a picture?

post #3 of 8 Old 08-20-2010, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
No one's rearsets rope you in to one position only.
There must be adjustment capability.
The stock rear brake master cylinder has adjustment at the bottom, have you tried that ?
If you are not sure what to do at the master cylinder, check the factory manual for rear brake lever position adjustment.
I don't know the details of the Coerce rearsets, but imagine that they rely on the factory rear master cylinder for adjustment.
How about a picture?
Hhmm, didn't look like there was enough thread on the master cylinder adjuster, but leme get into the garage tommorow...

here's a pic of the rearset on the bike of the guy I got them off. As you can see the pedal's ridiculously high. Almost next to the pivot of the swing arm; whereas the stocker was a couple of inches lower (of course the stock pegs position are an inch lower to begin with)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rearset.jpg (90.5 KB, 31 views)

post #4 of 8 Old 08-20-2010, 11:46 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I can see how to fix it from here, back of the rearsets there's a nut...grab a wrench (11mm IIRC) and get to turning!

post #5 of 8 Old 08-20-2010, 07:27 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda ng gingsa View Post
Hhmm, didn't look like there was enough thread on the master cylinder adjuster, but leme get into the garage tommorow...

here's a pic of the rearset on the bike of the guy I got them off. As you can see the pedal's ridiculously high. Almost next to the pivot of the swing arm; whereas the stocker was a couple of inches lower (of course the stock pegs position are an inch lower to begin with)
Because of the ratio of the arm lengths (cylinder clevis centreline to lever pivot centre line : lever peg centreline to lever pivot centreline) small changes to the
adjuster at the pivot make big changes the lever peg height. Something is wrong if you can't get it where you want it to be.

post #6 of 8 Old 08-20-2010, 11:49 PM
Pilus Posterior

Have a look on the back of it - I'd expect a nut that allows the peg and arm to be removed and I'd also expect there to be a spline or similar that allows you to multi position the brake arm without effecting the brake master cylinder. The cylinder adjustment would only be fine tuning.

Well that's how I'd design it!

Question - do you get any vibration through the rigid non rubber pegs?

post #7 of 8 Old 08-21-2010, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Well I couldn't seem to figure it out, so I just fudged the mounting of the master cyclinder for now as a temporary fix...couldn't miss the break in the weather for a track session! ...We tiptoed around the damp track for 15 minutes and then the rains came again. Sigh.

a buddy managed a couple of snapshots before we had to call it a day. Gotta work on the body positioning!

Yes, the trade off for a bit more clearance seems to be some vibes comin' through the pegs. The knurling is nice and secure under a damp boot sole though. Not slippery like the rubber-topped pegs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rainy day.jpg (45.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg rainyday2.jpg (93.7 KB, 14 views)

post #8 of 8 Old 08-21-2010, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
Cornicen

It looked like a bit of blue sky was peeking through when we started...but that changed in minutes!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sunnyday.jpg (61.9 KB, 11 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode