Brake Flasher - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 14 Old 09-30-2007, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Brake Flasher

I just have this story I would like to share with you guys...

Before 919 I used to ride Ducati Monster '06. I used to visit great community forum similar to this one. Every week I used to search thru the forum and look thru post to find interesting parts and stories that people are sharing.

Since I started riding bikes over 15 years ago I was always worried that some not careful car driver would hit me from the back specially when I was waiting on a stoplight. I used to flash pressing the brake just to make myself more visible.

One day on Ducati forum I found that company called Visi-Tec located in California is making the product that actually I'm looking for. Since my style are naked bakes I don't like putting any LEDs and special light to make me more visible I like to keep it plain and naked. This company is making just that, nothing to add extra just a little gadget that sites under need a seat and makes my brake light flash. Even better gadget has a researched technology to make brake flash just a exact number of time to make sure that human-eye would notice it and not make them angry because so much flashing going on. I was amazed and ordered product right away on their website. Product worked perfectly and I recommended to so many friends that had a same fear of being hit from the back. Ever since the company Visi-Tec added more gadgets for so many different bikes but when I purchased my 919 that didn't had one for that model. I emailed them and they ware so kind to make one for my new bike. I just installed today and again it's working perfectly and I'm little releafed that won't be hit from not careful drivers.
I asked the gentleman from Visi-Tec is he planing to add module for Honda 919 in their line and answer was yes. So all of you who has a similar fear can order the gadget from them. I'm also going to purchase one for my father-in-law that has CB600 as soon as it become available. Oh yes installation of the gadget is very easy, just plug and play and no wires to be cut. Witch is very important to me since I'm not so mechanical/electrical person :-). Their website is www.vizi-tec.com and if you don't see module for your bike I would say give them a call. They are very knowledgeable and friendly. Here is a review I made for my first unit I purchased from them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 09-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Hola Como Estas?

I clicked on the link and it took me to a foreign pharmaceutical company...

post #3 of 14 Old 09-30-2007, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrod View Post
I clicked on the link and it took me to a foreign pharmaceutical company...
So sorry its http://vizi-tec.com/

post #4 of 14 Old 09-30-2007, 02:32 PM
INFIDEL

Awards Showcase
BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

goran, let's see pics of your ride!

post #5 of 14 Old 09-30-2007, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob919 View Post
goran, let's see pics of your ride!
I didn't do anything to it besides installing the flasher

Here it is:

and here is my previous duc

post #6 of 14 Old 09-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Immune

Cool product thanks for the info!

http://vizi-tec.com/MORE/SB-STANDARD.htm

This generic one would work with a bit of wiring

Erik
2005 Honda 919

I've got a lot of places to see! (on the bike) :-)
post #7 of 14 Old 09-30-2007, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

I know but there is no need for wiring because they told me they are adding product for 919 in the line. It would help if couple of you guys asked them about 919 gadget it may speed up a process on their end as more 919 owners are interested. They made my very fast and I don't know why they didn't showed up in a online catalog that is available for 919.

post #8 of 14 Old 09-30-2007, 04:11 PM
MuscleCar Nut

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

I have used this on all my bikes........

http://www.hyperlites.com/prod.html

Troy
67 Pontiac GTO
2003 Triumph Speedmaster
post #9 of 14 Old 09-30-2007, 08:27 PM
INFIDEL

Awards Showcase
BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Kisan makes similar products. I have their headlight Modulator.

http://www.kisantech.com/

post #10 of 14 Old 10-01-2007, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

I think I researched all of those manufactures and that Vizi-Tec makes difference is that modules are "SMART" witch means that doesn't bother drivers behind and only flashes the amount is necessary. If you go fast and you have sudden stop it will flash more. If you have frequent stops in a traffic-jam it won't flash at all. I heard that some riders got traffic violation tickets with some of those chipper modules that ware constantly flashing.

post #11 of 14 Old 10-13-2007, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

I ordered one unit today for my father-in-law's 599, I saw on their website they have modulator for 919 as a part of the line :-)

post #12 of 14 Old 10-14-2007, 04:15 AM
I WANNA RIDE!

Very interesting. Thanks for the link.

Four wheels move the body ... two wheels move the soul.
post #13 of 14 Old 10-14-2007, 07:39 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Thanks for the info. They are trying to differentiate themselves with a variable delay activation, and I'm not convinced it is a plus. For example freeway traffic usually has an initial slowdown before it stops, if that occured within 12s their default unit wouldn't flash. I don't like their slimy website LYING about competitors' products!

I have thoroughly enjoyed the added rear safety of my Kisan Tech Brake Light modulator! It powers Electrical Connection's turn signal running light LED rings, top box LED strip, and the Clear Alternatives LED panel! Tail gaters quickly get the message and backoff or change lanes.

post #14 of 14 Old 10-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Discen

Goran, you are not associated with a company are you ? Nothing bad if you are but it would be nice to say so ...

Sorry for being suspicious, but there are a bunch of companies offering these stuff .. I bought mine headlight and stoplight modulators from

http://www.headlightmodulator.com/

though headlight modulator works great, stop light flushes to slow, IMHO. I e-mailed the company and they said there is no way to adjust it...

I plan to buy hyperlites (also sold by aerostitch) at some point. I think position of brake lights on 919 does not really provide for a great visibility so I want to mount LEDs on/in grab rail...

http://www.hyperlites.com/unikits.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode