Anyone used the Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator for the 919? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 12 Old 12-21-2009, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Old Guy

Anyone used the Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator for the 919?

Anyone used the Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator for the 919?
If so, what did you think?
Are there others that are better looking?

I'm looking at the stock rear fender and thinking "It's got to go!"

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the ultimate goal of making it safely un-scathed,
but rather to show-up, skidding broadside, used up, worn out, and screaming "YeeHaaaaa" at the tops of your lungs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 12-21-2009, 10:43 PM
a.k.a. Macgruber

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

My advice, save your money. It's over-priced.

Use the search function & see what you find. I'll do the same & try to remember to post back here with better info.

Abba Zaba, you my only friend.
post #3 of 12 Old 12-21-2009, 10:51 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 

DIY yourself. I did mine for $0 out of aluminum. The ABS fender eliminator I used was trash and failed at the worst possible time. If the AU fails, I'll stop riding.

post #4 of 12 Old 12-21-2009, 10:56 PM
a.k.a. Macgruber

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Here's a good thread (Link), ndfspdbh has posted great pics along the way (post 1)

Scroll down to post #20, hornet919 has another version. (check your local laws on angles of rear plates, I've been told it varies from state to state).

... and then there's always this: https://wristtwisters.com/naked-bikes...or-thread.html

post #5 of 12 Old 12-22-2009, 01:15 AM
Hastatus Posterior

I have designed a fender eliminator and currently "running" Mark1 to suit our ridiculously long NZ plates. What are the dimensions of your plates? I am busy getting costs and should have Prototype Mark2 from the fabricator after New Year. Its designed to use all the existing parts off the OEM fender (indicators, reflector and plate (tag) light)

post #6 of 12 Old 12-22-2009, 05:30 AM
Immune

I bought a Jardine kit, but I wanted to use the stock signals and tag light. It's better than stock but it's still not what I'd call an eliminator. At least that huge mud flap is gone. If you aren't planning to use the stock signals I would buy some aluminum and DIY. It would be simple enough to do with some basic tools.

post #7 of 12 Old 12-22-2009, 06:01 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

I installed the competition werkes on my bike. It was a pretty easy install. Its bare aluminum, which isn't too bad with the undertail exhaust because it's mostly hidden.

I painted mine black after I switched to 900RR low side exhaust.

I would give a good look at some of the DIY ones people have done here. IMO alot of those look better and are cheaper.

post #8 of 12 Old 12-22-2009, 06:31 AM
Ballaholic

i did mine for $0 using parts that already came on the bike. unbolt entire rear fender. take the little metal bracket the plate is attached to. drill two small holes waaaaay up under the seat. screw bracket in and attach plate. voila

post #9 of 12 Old 12-22-2009, 07:38 AM
mad english

i've had the CW for about 5 yrs now. it was overpriced then, before i found WT. works great. not worth the $$ if your'e half way handy like that

post #10 of 12 Old 12-22-2009, 09:05 AM
So, Satan's our mascot?

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonanc View Post
i've had the CW for about 5 yrs now. it was overpriced then, before i found WT. works great. not worth the $$ if your'e half way handy like that
I'll add my voice to that. Depends on your squeamishness to hacking away at your bike. I'm a wuss, so I bought an overpriced kit (ditched the blinkers for an integrated solution). Others are less afraid and have that much more money to blow on other toys.

post #11 of 12 Old 12-22-2009, 09:32 AM
a.k.a. Macgruber

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Oh, here's an additional piece of advice I just remembered...

If you're going to remove your rear turn signals, don't just cut the wire wherever you feel like it.
There are two wires running from each signal up into the rear cowl where they meet up with the rest of the wire loom. There are connectors at the ends of the wires which will allow you to simply unplug them, retaining their usefulness should you decide to try & sell them later.
You'll have to remove the seat & rear cowl to chase the wires down, but you'd be doing that anyway if you're hacking the fender (hopefully).
The guy who previously owned my bike started to hack the back end & he just cut the wires.
...if he only knew

good luck, & have fun with it!!

post #12 of 12 Old 12-22-2009, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Old Guy

Thanks for all the suggestions and feedback. I guess i'll try to dupilcate that homemade eliminator. Cheaper and it looks really good... I'm not a huge fan of those turn signals that come with the CW kit. So since I was going to get different ones anyway, I'll try it this way first. Thanks again to all... You folks are great!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the ultimate goal of making it safely un-scathed,
but rather to show-up, skidding broadside, used up, worn out, and screaming "YeeHaaaaa" at the tops of your lungs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« DOH! | HAND GRIPS ? »
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode