Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

anybody try to mount this fairing?

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  ekovach 
#1 ·
#4 ·
or '83 cb1100

#6 ·
looks to me like the notches for the turn signal stems are in the wrong place, if you are using the stock placement that is.

#11 ·
I guess I'm more of the opinion that if you want a fairing on your bike, you shouldn't have bought a naked bike in the first place. Same with hard touring bags and so forth, I understand lots of people love their 919's so much that they want to modify them to fit all riding situations, but IMHO that bike was designed to be a naked bike, nothing more, nothing less.

Ultimately though it's your bike and my opinion means nuts, so whatever trips your trigger man. :)

#12 ·
The Mair has been around for 25-35 yrs in both round and square headlight. A very basic install kit and you're on your own. I tried all the big name Parts people a couple of yrs ago and everyone was sold out with no hope for restocking. I bought the Givi 755, But, now I noticed Donnelson and someone else are offering them again. I would call it a cafe screen.
I had the 99 ZRX and the screen was not very effective. But, I bought a large screen from Chapparelle, that was about 6" taller with a lip and it changed the whole looks and feel of the wind.
I like naked bikes because, they look like a bike,:motorcycle: and can be changed so many ways with universal parts.
I like naked women because, well to give the HD answer, if you have to ask, you just don't get it!:laugh:

#13 ·
if i had the cash i would have a bike for every occasion, needless to say i got the 919. one bike that i try to do everything with so it's nice having a little wind/bug protection when your out in the sticks. a junebug at 60+ hurts. we can't all be purists ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.