Any recommendations on a Tank bra - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 8 Old 09-23-2007, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Any recommendations on a Tank bra

Looking for something to protect tank easy to apply and doesn't look cheesy for the Gray niner.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-23-2007, 03:46 PM
I WANNA RIDE!

I was gonna buy the stomp grip but the little nubs are too much for daily riding. I ordered some clear protective stuff from the bike shop. I think it was from Lockhart Phillips. When it comes in I'll post how it is w/ pics.

Four wheels move the body ... two wheels move the soul.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-23-2007, 06:23 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Recomendation on a tank bra?

Yeah.

Don't.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-23-2007, 07:25 PM

http://www.thetankslapper.biz/

Nate and I both have this on our bikes and love it.

post #5 of 8 Old 09-24-2007, 04:59 AM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration 
Total Awards: 5

i too have tankslapper stuff. works good. i have big wear marks on it, where i would have worn through the paint/ clearcoat from my pants. plus if you mess up putting it on, just take it off and try again.

post #6 of 8 Old 09-24-2007, 04:27 PM
You Better Call Tirone

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

+1 on the tank slapper. Super easy to install and you can barely tell it's there. I also ordered the tank topper from the site for protecting the top of the tank from my tank bag. The tank topper was a PITA to put on.

post #7 of 8 Old 09-24-2007, 09:06 PM

What about a full tank bra? So cover the whole tank....say to cover a big dent?

mental

post #8 of 8 Old 09-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Lethal with Whiffle-Bats

most of the non-adhesive,, strap-on bras (rofl) will eventually get dirt and grime under it,,, no matter how hard you keep it clean,, and will sand away the finish... It's just like the automotive world,, in an ideal world... nothing,,, NOTHING,, would ever touch the paint, even a sponge!, but since it's obviously not an ideal world, you have to do with as best you can... keep it clean,, and keep it waxed, especially clean before waxing... then... let only what nature throws at it touch it, no cups on the roofs, no leaning on the car, not even touching unless the handles to get in... if your that anal about it all.. :P so in this case,,, even the adhesive "pads" would be better than a strap on bra (of course the pads will not allow the paint to breathe, but thats not a problem really) if you've got a dent,, and well from the sound of it,, the looks of the paint aren't going to be as important.. slap one of em on, but if you ever get it repaired,, toss it in the trash!

ALSO... for those of you that are handy with scissors or a razor... this tank slapper stuff is just the same stuff you can get in small rolls from most any auto-paint supplier, or high end detailing custom shop.. it's a 3M film that is used to cover the noses of cars and such.. but the stuff really is cool.. so cut yourself some for the bike,, and you'll have a good bit left over (and trust me you'll find something for it)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode