Any good Honda dealerships in NE FLA? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 06-01-2006, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Tyrone

Any good Honda dealerships in NE FLA?

[/rant ON/] - more like a whine I guess.

Okay I know I'll be bashed for this and I don't mean to start any wars here but I have to ask if there are any good Honda dealerships (oxymoron?) here in NE FLA?

I ask becasue after spending too much money(incl. Ext. warr. ,Gold membership and new tires for life thingy) on a 2005 VTX at HOJ then selling it privately, HOJ says they can work something out on transfering the Gold and tires benefit to the new owner of my bike for free, after they've helped me transfer the extended warranty to him. But when I say what about transfering the Gold and new tire things to me on my 2006 919 they said "... since you didn't buy it here we really can't do it for less than $1199.00". Huh? I said I gave you guys a chance to beat the price I was quoted elsewhere but you wouldn't budge off of $9500 OTD (not incl ext warr, tires, Gold). They said "you can still buy the extended warranty for the 919 with us though". FAT CHANCE!

I thought I was spending a bit more on the VTX as part of a relationship building process. I was hoping to be appreciated for my business and continued support of that establishment. NO MORE! I guess I'm spoiled by Honda automobile delaership customer service where I feel at least semi-appreciated when I go there for service. Hell I spent as much for the VTX as I did for my last Civic. WTF?! Maybe I'm supposed to adopt a tougher skin and prentend to care less that a delaership doesn't care about my business and just wants money. Okay thats all they all want but aren't there some decent dealerships out there/here?

Purcells has been spoken bad about by everyone I have met who's been there for service. There's First City in St. Augustine, Kings Bay in King's Bay, Streit's in Ganesville, INterstate Honda in Lake City, Daytona Fun Machines in Daytona as well as Jim Walkers there too. So I'm on a quest to find a dealership that's going to appreciate my business and or at least do a better job of masking the crappy customer service and attitudes of their staff so I'll at least consider spending money on a second bike , extended warraty on the 919 or even to just not feel conned with every visit. HOJ is a real piece.

Oh as a side question to you folks in the know: Can a Florida resident purchase an extended warranty on a brand new bike when they are both purchased out of state? I was told by the dealership where I purchased my 919 that they couldn't sell me an extended warranty in Ohio , for a Florida resident, because Florida prevents them from doing so. Or maybe Honda prevents them from selling it. Dunno. Guess I'll go the the Florida legislative pages and start digging, but figured I'd ask anyway.

[/rant/whine OFF/]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Immune

I never heard of that. I would call Honda Motorcycle direct and get some answers there. I would never step one foot in Purcels every again. They SUCK! That is all I can say or I will go on forever. Now I bought my 05 919 at First City in St. Augustine. I am happy with their service. Talk to Ken the head Sales person there now. He should be able to tell you. They are small and down to earth. I have dealt with Honda of Jacksonville but they wouldn't budge on the 919 at all 9200.00 but First City OTD for 8700.00. I was happy. 2 weeks away from 1 year I bought my extended warrantee no problem at all at First City. State to State extended warrantee I can not see the difference or problem. Sounds like they just want to make money off you. Stick your guns and get what is fair.

Dragon Slayer! Only been bit once!
05' 919
MODS: PCIII, Renthal Low Bars, Pazzo black gold short levers!, Honda smoke flyscreen, did have Sato Sliders till they broke left side motor mount.
www.blood-sport.org My new Web site. Started a 919, 599, and Hornet forum if you want to post!
Online Computer Parts Store @ BESComputers!
post #3 of 6 Old 06-01-2006, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Tyrone

Thanks Wazoo. Actually I'm a bit closer to St.Augustine than HOJ anyway so I'll pay em a visit. Where are they exactly? I'm coming from about Hwy210 and US1 (Phillips Hwy).

I'll be doing more of my own maintenace and at the very least, oil changes when I get my center stand from Twisted Throttle - whenever that is.

post #4 of 6 Old 06-03-2006, 06:39 AM
Immune

It is on HWY 16 just west of US1, maybe 1 mile or less on the right.

http://firstcityhonda.hondamcdealers.com/

First City Honda
210 State Road 16
Saint Augustine, FL 32084-2013
(904)829-6416

Sales Hours:
Mon Closed
Tue-Fri 9:00AM-6:00PM
Sat 9:00AM-4:00PM
Sun Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider919er
Thanks Wazoo. Actually I'm a bit closer to St.Augustine than HOJ anyway so I'll pay em a visit. Where are they exactly? I'm coming from about Hwy210 and US1 (Phillips Hwy).

I'll be doing more of my own maintenace and at the very least, oil changes when I get my center stand from Twisted Throttle - whenever that is.

05' 919
MODS: PCIII, Renthal Low Bars, Pazzo black gold short levers!, Honda smoke flyscreen, did have Sato Sliders till they broke left side motor mount.
www.blood-sport.org My new Web site. Started a 919, 599, and Hornet forum if you want to post!
post #5 of 6 Old 06-03-2006, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Tyrone

Wazoo thanks again. I went there Friday and met Joe in sales - guess he used to be in parts. Very cool and exactly the no-pressure exchange I had hoped for in the beginning - and I didn't come away feeling conned.

My girlfriend and I looked at a 2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 for 2 up riding and as a second to the new 919. He even offered to let me/us test ride it. Sweet. I've never had a dealer/salesman offer to let me test ride a bike right off the floor even if it could have been a demo. I told him I'd wait for the rains to clear so I could take it up to I-95 and see what the passing power was like before making my decision on it. Plus we didn't discuss any numbers but if they even get close to what Honda of East Toledo is selling them for ... ! I'll most likely take any further work I don't do on the 919 to them too. So far they seem better than any other I've dealt with in the past.

post #6 of 6 Old 06-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Immune

Your welcome, They are down to earth guys. They also offered me if I need to bring my bike in for servicing and let them know a head of time they would give me a loaner bike for the day and come back tomorrow to pick up my bike. I never had a dealer ever do that before. I haven't taken them up on it yet but some day I might.

05' 919

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode