Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

any body tried this after removing rear fender?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  wisco919 
#1 ·
#2 ·
It looks like a hard fit. You can't really do much drilling into the surrounding plastic because the ECU is housed there.

You'd have to work with the two holes left after taking the snow shovel off. So I guess you could make an adapter plate.

I think what would look best is an old fashioned fender chop to keep the plate light then just use those LED turn signals.

#6 ·
I was about to do the fender chop thing, until I had the whole "snow shovel" off and was amazed at how clean it looked just the way it was. I then just re-formed the original license plate mount with a vice so it would fit between the two plastic tabs that stick out from the tray (I didn't want to cut them off in case I wanted to put it back together), pulled the ecu tray down and lifted the ecu up so I could carefully drill a couple of holes in the back of the tray, found some bolts to fit and now I have my own homemade fender eliminator. If you want to see pics, let me know.

#7 ·
I took a similar approach. I actually put two new holes in my plate to mount to the original tabs. I then installed a few LEDs throught the bottom of my CA smoke tail light lense to work as my plate lamp. I was able to keep everything together so the bike could be put back to original condition. Wire connections and all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.