Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Anti fog stuff

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  jmdavis984 
#1 ·
I wear glasses under my helmet and since I moved into colder weather my glasses and shield have been fogging up alot causing me to have to open the shield in bitter cold and rain.

Anyone have any advice on antifog coatings?

#5 · (Edited)
I really like my HJC CL-16 and CL-17. They both have pinlock. Both are relatively quiet considering the price. The 16 doesn't have quite as much ventilation as the 17 though. Get the optional chin guard thingy for added wind protection. It's like an extra $10. Shields are pretty cheap too, easy to swap out, and a ton of color options to choose from if that matters to you. I stick with dark smoke and clear.

#10 ·
I still use the anti-fog stuff that cycle gear sells for inside the visor to help with reducing condensation build up inside the helmet, and I use their version of"rain-x" to help with making water bead off the faceshield. But using anti-fog spray, wipes, etc does not work well on glasses and causes more problems than they are worth.

The foggy mask does a great job of forcing your breaths down and out of the helmet without ever coming into contact with the faceshield.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.