post #2 of 10 Old 12-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Helping a Member in Need 
Total Awards: 1

how much for the girl?

post #3 of 10 Old 12-02-2008, 06:31 AM
I Love Parallel Twins

Nice clean Ducati and I guess you'd get two for one with the girl.

JDubya
Harleyville, South Carolina
USA
post #4 of 10 Old 12-02-2008, 07:45 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcombs View Post
how much for the girl?
Seeing as how shes pregant, I bet she would be cheap !

post #5 of 10 Old 12-02-2008, 07:48 AM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

$3K for a monster? Is that correct? That cheap? Maybe I need to get me a monster.

By the way, I LOVE the KZ1000. I actually learned to ride bikes on one of those monsters. The thing was a scary beast!

post #6 of 10 Old 12-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Sike

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIM-RC51 View Post
By the way, I LOVE the KZ1000. I actually learned to ride bikes on one of those monsters. The thing was a scary beast!
My brother had a roommate that left one behind that owed him money. It was late 70's or early 80's. I spent an afternoon doing burnouts and trying to wheelie it (not the nicest thing to do, but he didn't treat it any better). It was a scary beast, but I was young, dumb, and in my motocross gear..... funny how you could low speed crash the bikes of that era with little or no ill effect to the bike........

post #7 of 10 Old 12-02-2008, 08:16 AM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
My brother had a roommate that left one behind that owed him money. It was late 70's or early 80's. I spent an afternoon doing burnouts and trying to wheelie it (not the nicest thing to do, but he didn't treat it any better). It was a scary beast, but I was young, dumb, and in my motocross gear..... funny how you could low speed crash the bikes of that era with little or no ill effect to the bike........
If you were able to Wheelie a KZ1000, I will give you medal. That bike was scarey! It had more power than the chassis could handle. It was also very top heavy and fell over very easily. And yes... bikes of that era survived crashes better as there was less plastic on them. I actually stripped one down and rebuilt it when I first moved to California.

Funny Story: I moved to a place called Brisbane. I got a KZ1000 from my neighbour for like $140 - and we decided to strip it down, clean it and re-assemble it. Many weeks, beers and hot dogs later - we finished it. I put a plate on the bike with TEST written on it and went for a ride. I promptly got pulled over by the local PD - cutest lady cop ever. She was giggling when she walked up to me. She said she was dying to hear my excuse for a card board plate that stated TEST. Well, I explained to her that in England, you can run that plate around for about a month or so if you just purchased a used car / bike or were just running it around the neighbourhood for a bit. She laughed so hard, advised me this was the US now and told me that as long as I stayed in town I would be okay. She liked the bike too. We all knew each other in the town.

Brisbane had like 1500 people and 30 odd cops with cars and bikes. No crime there I assure you.

post #8 of 10 Old 12-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Ride Offensively

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Does that Ducati sit like the 919? I mean is the riding position more upright like the 919 over say a CBR?

I Can and will ride anything!
Bikes I own:
New addition 1978 CB750Four
2006 919
1994 home built springer
1984 KLR 600
1953 Servi-car (I gotta get this put back together)
1942 WLA (Gotta finish this one as well)
1985 Honda 200M ATC
1985 Honda ATC 70
1997 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4X4 ATV
Early 1984 Ironhead Sporty (Wife has laid claim to this bike)
1986 Sporty that I am putting a ironhead engine into
YEA BIGDAA I Gotta GUN!
It's not that I am punishing YOU, I am just taking YOUR money and giving it to LAZY Asses who refuse to get off the TIT of the Government...Obama to Joe the Plumber
post #9 of 10 Old 12-02-2008, 09:05 AM
Sike

[QUOTE=WIM-RC51;258250]If you were able to Wheelie a KZ1000, I will give you medal. That bike was scarey! QUOTE]

I said "trying" for a very good reason. I'm sure I had the front wheel off the ground several times, but I'm not sure you could call too many of those episodes a wheelie, and sometimes it was just before a crash...... back then I thought clutching up a wheelie was great fun, until I went over backwards in front of a group of friends (which of course included several girls.........). But, that was a different bike on a different day.

post #10 of 10 Old 12-02-2008, 09:20 AM
a.k.a. Macgruber

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMountaintop View Post
Does that Ducati sit like the 919? I mean is the riding position more upright like the 919 over say a CBR?
I can't speak for all Monsters, but I test-rode a 900 once just before purchasing my 919. The ergos were fairly similar but with one noticable difference in that the pegs were uncomfortably high (for me). I felt like my heels were up my @$$. I'm not knocking the Ducs though, I REALLY wanted to buy it, the Honda just fit me better.

IMO, the Monster sounded way better though, & I'm still fighting the urge to buy a used one on the cheap if I can find one.
The biggest hurdle there would be convincing the wife that I need a second bike that only I could ride by myself.
The 919 is very 2-up friendly for us... a pre-requisite for me buying a sportbike.

Abba Zaba, you my only friend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode