actual 919 wieght - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 17 Old 07-02-2008, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Optio

actual 919 wieght

Has anyone here actually put there 919 on the scales. I was bored so I got out the scales and weighed my 450x, F4i and finally my 919. Kinda suprised. Magzines quote 485 lbs wet and honda states 428 dry.

My bike, full of fuel weighed in at 463 lbs. 233 front/230 rear. Thats with one sato on the left, one stocker on the right and half of my bike rack in place which weights mabey 2 lbs.

Incase your wondering the 450x was 278 lbs and the F4i was 392.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 07-02-2008, 08:25 PM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

That's interesting, as is the fact that you have one Sato and one stock exhaust.

post #3 of 17 Old 07-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Hornet Grandpa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeau1960 View Post
That's interesting, as is the fact that you have one Sato and one stock exhaust.
Yeah, the weight thing is interesting but I wonder what his bike sounds like? Does it look "cool" just going from right to left? Where's the other SATO? I knew kids in the '60's that couldn't afford four Crager mags for their '56 Chevys, so they bought two, one for the right front, one for the right rear!

touring919, you want to finish the story?

post #4 of 17 Old 07-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Church of the Holy Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by support_six View Post
... I knew kids in the '60's that couldn't afford four Crager mags for their '56 Chevys, so they bought two, one for the right front, one for the right rear!

Whatever.. I think the real story here is that you knew "kids" in the 60's. Jesus ! old fart

- Rev. CYCHO -

tires.... it's what's for dinner!
post #5 of 17 Old 07-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Discen

Quote:
Yeah, the weight thing is interesting but I wonder what his bike sounds like? Does it look "cool" just going from right to left? Where's the other SATO? I knew kids in the '60's that couldn't afford four Crager mags for their '56 Chevys, so they bought two, one for the right front, one for the right rear!

used to see the same thing on hondas when i was kid.

post #6 of 17 Old 07-03-2008, 01:55 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

I weighed mine once. 460.

My 929 was 440.

the 600RR is 390.

post #7 of 17 Old 07-03-2008, 05:22 AM
Hornet Grandpa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoCycho View Post
Whatever.. I think the real story here is that you knew "kids" in the 60's. Jesus ! old fart
The intimation here is that I was a kid knowing "kids" in the '60's. ...and guess where? Logan! (85 miles north of where the 'Cycho lives)! Actually, I'll be in SLC for the 4th so I'm aiming my Accord at every '9'er I see! (back to earth) My son just moved to West Valley somewhere so the wife and I get to see him and his family in his new digs. I hear there's going to be quite a parade and fireworks in SLC this year?

post #8 of 17 Old 07-03-2008, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
Optio

Sniper, what year 600rr do you have. I've been thinking of relacing my F4i and was wondering how much of a real weight diff there would be. Mine is set up for racing so 392 was with half tank, and lots of stuff removed. The 450 has a street legal kit and lots of armor incase anyone was wondering why it was a little on the heavy side.

Okay. The reason for the mixed exhaust is because the welds started cracking on my right side can. I had to take it off to get fixed. Its in the process now. HOpefully it will work because the one of each thing looks rediculouse. It doesn't sound any diffent than with two satos.

post #9 of 17 Old 07-03-2008, 07:29 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Thanks for the info! When bike shopping my goal was reliable, 2up, liter bike at 400lb. The SV1K was closer to the weight goal but its uncomfort ergos were vetoed by my passenger, she liked Vstrom but 9er won. Nice having a couple choices.

post #10 of 17 Old 07-03-2008, 08:01 AM

5 gallons of gas, 1 gallon of oil, and 1 gallon of coolant/water add up. You have about 50lbs. of liquid there, right? "Dry weight", used to mean "no liquids", at all.

post #11 of 17 Old 07-03-2008, 10:44 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

I dug the Dec 2001 issue of "Sportrider" to compare to the July 2008 issue of "Sportrider". Hopefully they used the same scale to weigh both bikes. Their wet weights of the 2 bikes are:

435 wet for the `01 F4I 98hp, 43 ft lbs torque. Roll on 6th gear 60-80 4.60 sec.

413 wet for the 08 600RR 102 hp 43 ft lbs torque. Roll on 6th gear 60-80 3.72 sec.

In the same time period, the Suz GAINED 18 lbs. The Honda is now 28lbs lighter than the Suz. Hard to believe...

All Dynos are different as are all bikes. Last year the Dyno charts that I saw put 106- 109 as the rear wheel HP of the 07 600RR. Why the discrepency is anyones guess. I rode my friends 01 F4I after putting tires on it last week, and I was surprised how strong it felt. He had a 2 Bros slip on. My 07 is bone stock, with a one tooth SMALLER sprocket on back, making it slightly taller geared than stock. You probably need to ask guys running the 07, and see how well it responds to "tuning".

post #12 of 17 Old 07-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Church of the Holy Smoke

Quote:
The intimation here is that I was a kid knowing "kids" in the '60's. ...and guess where? Logan! (85 miles north of where the 'Cycho lives)! Actually, I'll be in SLC for the 4th so I'm aiming my Accord at every '9'er I see! (back to earth) My son just moved to West Valley somewhere so the wife and I get to see him and his family in his new digs. I hear there's going to be quite a parade and fireworks in SLC this year?
Right on! On the 4th I'll be at Rocky Mountain Raceway punishing my 2007 zx-14 in the midnight drag races. Racing starts at 11 PM and runs 'til 2 am or so if you want to come down and watch?... You can walk out to the staging lanes and come find me.. Just look for a fat guy on a black zx-14. Bring your bike and we can race. Gotta get there before 8 pm to race tho. Maybe I see ya there.

- Rev. CYCHO -

post #13 of 17 Old 07-03-2008, 11:53 AM
BrokeRecord

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

1960s

I guess it is funny ,someone being a teen in the 60s. But, all these movies you young punks pay good money to see, and all these retro bikes, cars, clothes, and phrases you are learning about. Hell sonny-boy we were right there living it to the fullest. The draft and Viet Nam were mandatory if you weren't a Lawyers son! So we lived life to the fullest, because next month you may get your butt shot off by some lil 98lb Jungle dude!! We didn't worry about aids, drug overdoses, or school massacers.
If you had a beef with some one, you tore into each other with fists flying like a Hornet. Who ever out slugged the other was the one right and he usually bought you a Lil Miller after he busted your head.
I wouldn't change my time frame for anything.
I was born and raised in South Mississippi where each day in the 60s made National Headlines.

[
post #14 of 17 Old 07-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Hornet Grandpa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoCycho View Post
Right on! On the 4th I'll be at Rocky Mountain Raceway punishing my 2007 zx-14 in the midnight drag races. Racing starts at 11 PM and runs 'til 2 am or so if you want to come down and watch?... You can walk out to the staging lanes and come find me.. Just look for a fat guy on a black zx-14. Bring your bike and we can race. Gotta get there before 8 pm to race tho. Maybe I see ya there.
Oh great, one fat guy looking for another fat guy? There's got to be hotdogs involved here!

Is Rocky Mountain Raceway what they used to call Bonneville Raceway (6555W. 21st So.)? If so, I know exactly where it is. Been there many times. I might take you up on it!

post #15 of 17 Old 07-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Hornet Grandpa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerecord View Post
I guess it is funny ,someone being a teen in the 60s. But, all these movies you young punks pay good money to see, and all these retro bikes, cars, clothes, and phrases you are learning about. Hell sonny-boy we were right there living it to the fullest. The draft and Viet Nam were mandatory if you weren't a Lawyers son! So we lived life to the fullest, because next month you may get your butt shot off by some lil 98lb Jungle dude!! We didn't worry about aids, drug overdoses, or school massacers.
If you had a beef with some one, you tore into each other with fists flying like a Hornet. Who ever out slugged the other was the one right and he usually bought you a Lil Miller after he busted your head.
I wouldn't change my time frame for anything.
I was born and raised in South Mississippi where each day in the 60s made National Headlines.
Right on! I think we grew up in the same town, just in different states! Graduated high school in '69. Saw the Doors at Lagoon (Psycho will know where that's at) when they were "getting" big. I wouldn't want to grow up today (my wife says that will be no problem!).

post #16 of 17 Old 07-03-2008, 01:36 PM
I Love Parallel Twins

98 Lb Viet Cong jungle dude then or a 125lb camel jockey today, they both want to kill American youth. All we wanted to kill was Russians while I was serving after HS graduation. Fighting was a just a daily occurrance at school in East Texas afterwhich we'd take three licks from a teacher or our football coach with a board that had drilled holes in it and back to class. Hell today, you fight, you go to jail. WTF?
ANYWAY, touring919, I think it's wild the way your 919 is raked in your avatar though I really hope to never duplicate it with mine! Thanks for the real life weight of the Honda. How 'bout that story of the two differnt cans?

post #17 of 17 Old 07-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Church of the Holy Smoke

Quote:
Is Rocky Mountain Raceway what they used to call Bonneville Raceway (6555W. 21st So.)? If so, I know exactly where it is. Been there many times. I might take you up on it!
Dead on, same place. Probably hasn't changed all that much either. Hope to see ya there.

- Rev. CYCHO -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode