Accelerator Pump re PCIII-usb for 919 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 05-09-2010, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
McTavish

Accelerator Pump re PCIII-usb for 919

What experience have any of you had using the add on Accelerator Pump feature re your PCIIIusb for your 919 ?
If you have had some experience, and can comment, please do.
Please also advise what map you are using, as the map and Accel Pump really need to be seen as being "together".

I just installed the accelerator pump utility that is a free download from the PowerCommander website.
I did an initial set up with 75 % Sensitivity / 15 % Enrichment / 20 Engine Revolutions.
Have not ridden yet as the weather has turned bad.
I'm using a custom map there is very similar to LDH's v4 of his Moriwaki based development work. (I have Yosh TRSs on my 919).

Comment on the Sensitivity %. The higher the Sensitivity %, means the Accelerator Pump feature will work at SLOWER throttle changes. I only installed it for Track Days, more as an experiment, and sure don't want more gas being wasted around town by added injector duration during slower throttle changes. The PC information on the Sensitivity tells me it sense rate of throttle position change, not the change of throttle position.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-09-2010, 01:23 PM
CG

I had asked LDH about that because I know he has a lot of experience with the PCIII and making power with the 919.

I can't find the actual PM (maybe it was a forum post) but I think he said the accelerator pump feature was intended mainly for V-twin cruiser applications and was not really needed for best performance from the 919.

Hopefully. he'll chime in and confirm or correct but that's what I recall.

post #3 of 4 Old 05-09-2010, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
McTavish

Accelerator Pump feature

I'm hoping LDH does indeed chime in on this. My guess is that he used it in his 919 mapping development work and also tried it on the track. What you said sounds reasonable, but I'm guessing it also has to do with the relative sophistication of the overall programming in the ECU, and I mean way beyond the simple map alone. The reason I say this, is that when I had my 07 GSX-R750 mapped last year, the dyno guy said there seemed to be a built in accelerator pump program that he was observing the effects of. I've also got another party I can ask about this, although I think his ECU expertise is more from race vs factory street boxes. I'll be doing some track days on the 919, not all of it will be on the dedicated track day 750. I'll take my laptop along for one session and do some back to back testing on the 919 re the Accelerator Pump. Maybe something will be apparent enough that I'll be able to discern it. I'll also see if I can detect any difference on the street, although my intent was only to use it for track days. To be honest, it's really more of an exploration from curiosity than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catonsvilleguy View Post
I had asked LDH about that because I know he has a lot of experience with the PCIII and making power with the 919.

I can't find the actual PM (maybe it was a forum post) but I think he said the accelerator pump feature was intended mainly for V-twin cruiser applications and was not really needed for best performance from the 919.

Hopefully. he'll chime in and confirm or correct but that's what I recall.

post #4 of 4 Old 05-09-2010, 05:56 PM
CG

Yeah, I was curious about it as well. Seemed like it might be a way to run a little leaner but still get optimal throttle response, possibly improving performance and gas mileage.

Please post whatever you see with it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode