a spirited ride today - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 14 Old 11-07-2009, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
mad english

a spirited ride today

so i called mrs goona and asked very nicely if i could take her 599 for a twist today. "of course, be friendly and come home safe" she said. so i called a buddy and he came down and rode my 02 919 (cos a naked girl shouldnt be seen running the streets alone). anyways, off we go. the 599 has done a couple of little jaunts out, but due to work constraints she has only clocked 40 or so miles. that bike.....well, its a frekin hoot. blasts along, nimble, raring to go. winds out and jaunts along at a real nice clip 6k @ 85 (or so im told)we knocked out a hundred or so miles. clear blue skys, appx 60, light traffic and gone. shame about the exchange rate that it couldnt be brought from italy in larger numbers. never ceases to amaze me that people dont see these 2 fantastic bikes for what they are. were off today, for the first mrs long ride. i may pack a toothbrush cos i know me and mine and i'll wager she wont to head home anytime soon. i wanna import a new pair of CB from the uk. i'm getting my dad on the case. happy trails kids. sorry for the long winded post.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-07-2009, 08:48 AM
My friends call me Bill

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

report back soon, im riding too, GREAT weather here in the midwest (is arkansas the midwest?)

post #3 of 14 Old 11-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Sike

It is also a beautiful day out here this morning. It looks like, according to the doppler radar, that the red zone of rain will pass before I get out riding this morning and I'll only have to deal with green zone rain. Then again, doppler failed me last weekend.

post #4 of 14 Old 11-07-2009, 09:38 AM
UJM
Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I've planned a huge family scooter ride, we'll be heading into the unknown.

Basically, there are some paved backroads that were discovered on a motorcycle ride that will be perfect for a major scooter adventure.

We'll head out of St. Joe and do the back road thing to a little town called Agency.

There, we will stop at a C-Store and buy the kids some candy.

Take a break, head back via "Possum Holler Road" - how could you not!!!!

You all have a GR8 day too!!!

post #5 of 14 Old 11-07-2009, 12:04 PM
4 whls good 2 whls better

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
It is also a beautiful day out here this morning. It looks like, according to the doppler radar, that the red zone of rain will pass before I get out riding this morning and I'll only have to deal with green zone rain. Then again, doppler failed me last weekend.
Let's not ignore the pea-sized hail we've gotten around here the last 2 days. Like sprinkling wet ball bearings all over the road.

It's miserable out there. This is just not motorcycle country this time of year.

post #6 of 14 Old 11-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Sike

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman View Post
Let's not ignore the pea-sized hail we've gotten around here the last 2 days. Like sprinkling wet ball bearings all over the road.

It's miserable out there. This is just not motorcycle country this time of year.
No hail today, but the doppler failed me again. I was caught in some extreme rain. Yet, it was beautiful, because there are still leaves falling. I do need new boots, my left boot has a leak and my foot is F-ing freezing!!!! My little supermoto is great in this weather!!! And, all I did was wipe it down quickly when I got home.

Hey, that was post 919.

post #7 of 14 Old 11-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Optio

Rain and wet leaves on the road -- sounds like a prescription for disaster to me. Ah, but what do I know? I'm from Texas. Stay safe.

Goona: Shouldn't that poor lil 599 still be in the break-in period? Have mercy, please!

post #8 of 14 Old 11-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Sike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay313 View Post
Rain and wet leaves on the road -- sounds like a prescription for disaster to me. Ah, but what do I know? I'm from Texas. Stay safe.
I avoid some roads that I know are covered with leaves. But, the roads with random leaves don't tend to be a problem. And, usually heavy rain and car traffic will move the leaves either to the center or edges. Then again, over 30+ years of riding in this area I'm kind of used to it.

post #9 of 14 Old 11-07-2009, 02:50 PM
no max no more

40 to 45 deg weather at night has been a delight with a shield and joe rocket

dont need a bike to ride the fast lane
post #10 of 14 Old 11-07-2009, 04:43 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Whiskey Run Road, Possum Jct, Buzzards Roost, Bear Hollow.... that's Indiana.

66 and 62 were in great shape today.

post #11 of 14 Old 11-07-2009, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
mad english

"break in"? its a honda!!! it was a spirited ride though

post #12 of 14 Old 11-09-2009, 12:47 PM
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman View Post
I got stuck in that rain and hailstorm on the way to work Friday morning! It started just as I got onto I-405. My jacket did a good job of protecting me, but my thighs were stinging! It felt like getting shot hundreds of times with a BB gun - the most miserable ride ever!

I'm glad some of you still have some good riding weather.

post #13 of 14 Old 11-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Self proclaimed idiot....

I got caught in one yesterday on a trip back from work. And yes, it sucks.. I like the BB analogy.. That's almost perfect.

The only thought I had that made me laugh was, "If I had gear like my helmet all over, this would be cool.."

Then I chuckled at what an colossal idiot I am, and immediately got pissed because it fogged up the visor.

Will I learn?

Probably not.

post #14 of 14 Old 11-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Sike

Lucky me, all I got was some hardcore rain.

What have you two been doing to earn this karma, kicking kittens???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode