9er streetfighter concept - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 50 Old 10-19-2008, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Old, Bold rider

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 3

9er streetfighter concept

When I put this artist's concept of a streetfighter up as part of my signature it was just because it tickled me, and frankly it looked pretty good. I never expected the resopnse it's been getting!

Rather than instigate a whole bunch of threadjacks, here it is in all it's digital glory. Obviously it will need the lapels pressed in the exhaust, turn signal, reflectors, headlight, rear fender, license plate mounting (NOT STUCK ON THE FENDER IN FRONT OF THE TIRE!!), etcetera, areas, but it's not too far from an expression of what a naked bike should be, and the CB1000 isn't: simple and quite basic. No tricky bodywork, stylistic headlight treatments, odd scoop type things sprouting out of the tank, or any other chrome bits stuck here and there to satisfy the common misconception of the American market's preferences for wretched excess, whether it be a MotoGP wannabe or a Harley clone.

Remember this isn't an additive exercise, rather a reductionist, so if you would like to see a belly pan or fairing / windscreen or whatever else tacked on ... forget it. Buy one and tart it up all you want. The point is it's gotta look barely street legal, but satisfy all applicable requirements. I have a lot of ideas on how to make it work, but to all photoshop posessors: have at it, but remember the one unbreakable rule -- if it looks added on, it won't cut it!
This goes for the aftermarket addicts as well: everything will be engineered as an integrated package, so if it fits right in and makes itself at home, fine. otherwise ... well, you get the idea.

Packaging the electrics is my thing. It just need all the minds in this forum to give it the personal touch. If you come up with an idea post it and I'll try to draft it in, or do it yourself. Have fun with it.

Rob

If it has already been done, it is safe to assume it is possible to do it.
On the other hand, if it has not been done never assume it is impossible to do it.
------- Rob --------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 Old 10-19-2008, 09:14 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Looks good Rob. Relocating all the electrical and shortening tail would take a little time, but definitely look good in the end. The short tail kind of reminds me of a Speed Triple.

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
post #3 of 50 Old 10-19-2008, 09:50 PM
Pilus Posterior

I read the words 'barely legal' in your post and did a google image search - purely for research purposes you understand .............. hmmm not one motorcycle

Nice render - what's the plan for the pipes - dual sides underslung or a single high mount single muffler with twin outlets?

My only other question - where is all the electrics going to go - the 919 has very little under seat space now!

Oh and chop off those passenger pegs too.

Now just what type of American are you if you are not loading your bike up with bling?

post #4 of 50 Old 10-20-2008, 08:14 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Keep "Barely Legal" as your theme.

Keep the front end really clean. Maybe a bar end mirror and then use the mirror mounting holes for a pair of tiny LED turn signals.

Nothin shiny, keep metal surfaces the degree of polish of the original heat shields. Don't black everything out. Black is over done too many times.

post #5 of 50 Old 10-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Fat guy on a little bike!

Love it!!!!! The tail looks small and u'ber clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtharalson View Post
Buy one and tart it up all you want.

Rob
Yeah, it's my dream, go pound sand!

Jeff
post #6 of 50 Old 10-20-2008, 08:42 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

When I saw that I thought, "Where have I seen that before?".

Sub 300lbs, 185 gross hp, only $150,000. The Macchia Nera concept.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg macchia_nera.jpg (272.7 KB, 203 views)

'02 Honda 919 - She's the only one for me!

post #7 of 50 Old 10-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Tonight we ride

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 2

Nice...Ockham's Razor in action. Definitely needs your custom lanesplitter bars!

post #8 of 50 Old 10-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Tirone

I know that standard, old-school (right-side up?) front forks aren't anywhere near as cool as today's hot-sh*t USD versions, but I've got to admit that they look really good on Rob's image above. My vote is for standard forks, but preferably with some real damping inside. I seem to remember Dan Kyle carrying the Ohlins non-USD forks in a 43mm diameter... Might be worth a try, except not with my photoshop skills.

post #9 of 50 Old 10-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

my only stip... is it needs 160 horses.... to the ground

post #10 of 50 Old 10-20-2008, 03:48 PM
Machine Head

Awards Showcase
Donation 

You can off those radiator guards

-Mark-
There's gold in them hills
post #11 of 50 Old 10-20-2008, 04:03 PM
My friends call me Bill

Awards Showcase
Donation 

rear-view camera mounted between gauges(nix the mirrors altogether) is my vision

post #12 of 50 Old 10-20-2008, 04:30 PM
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

Here's my take on what you started Rob... the shock area is an absolute mess, sorry but I was in a hurry...

I took your tank, seat, and rear section (lengthened just a touch), attached it to 9nineteen's bike (to get the inverted fork and 6-spoke wheels), then added a Bates dual headlight and a Yosh carbon can off an '08 CBR1000RR. I also added some black to the triples, headlight bracket, swingarm, and rearset plates.

Adding the black may have broken your rule, but I didn't add any bolt-on extras. I added the headlight to make it street legal, but did not add a license plate or rear signals.

post #13 of 50 Old 10-20-2008, 04:41 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

ok i took mdtoneys picture and added what i think it needs to be absolutly perfect... lots more horses

post #14 of 50 Old 10-20-2008, 04:57 PM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Anybody seen this one? CBR900RR turned Streetfighter....

http://www.pbase.com/rotaute/bladerod

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #15 of 50 Old 10-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Tirone is my middle name

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Great idea Rob, I thought about a shortened tail just like that myself a couple months ago, just don't have a clue how to do it.
I've always liked the undertail exhaust and it's one of the things that drew me to the 919. I think it would still look really nice with the shorter tail. I spent about 3 seconds in "paint" doing this and don't feel like trying harder right now but you get the idea. My own personal taste but I just don't like the big gap left without the undertail exhaust but thats my own opinion. I hope you go through with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg streetfighter.jpg (60.3 KB, 109 views)

post #16 of 50 Old 10-20-2008, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Old, Bold rider

Garage

Awards Showcase

To all who have contributed and who will contribute, please take note that I will seriously consider every suggestion, but will also be very critical of anything departing from the Barely Legal concept, and from looking as light as possible. Don't be discouraged if I don't jump on every bandwagon, but it must not look committee designed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoney View Post
Here's my take on what you started Rob... the shock area is an absolute mess, sorry but I was in a hurry...
It is? Coulda fooled me. Nice work.
Quote:
I took your tank, seat, and rear section (lengthened just a touch), attached it to 9nineteen's bike (to get the inverted fork and 6-spoke wheels), then added a Bates dual headlight and a Yosh carbon can off an '08 CBR1000RR. I also added some black to the triples, headlight bracket, swingarm, and rearset plates.
Lose the black. All of it. As it gets closer to finalized I may want some of it back, but for now ...
The front got way too bulky for my tastes, so out go the headlights and instruments -- I've got very specific plans for the front as regards those assemblies. Remember, amongst my specialities are electrical / electronics / optics, so I'll be configuring the street legal end of things, most of which will be cutting edge, and barely visible if at all.
Quote:
Norton919:
My vote is for standard forks, but preferably with some real damping inside.
Agreed, and reinforced by mdtoney's excellent work. Again, the USD forks unbalance the look too much toward the front, requiring the lengthened tail piece. With the lighter front, the tail comes out too much, just too bulky. It will have to be shortened, maybe further than I originally did. I have plans for the conventional forks: the spring in the slider with delrin stuffer tubes / oil lock travel limiters, and a pressurized shock cartridge in the stantion with a damper rod to the slider and an external reservoir hidden under the upper triple clamp. All adjustments will be at the top, and the damper fluid and fork lubrication fluid will be separate.

Mdtoney, could you do ma a favor? Since your abilities with photoshop far exceed mine, would you be willing to be the official artist? If so could you restore the original colors, replace the forks with stockers but keep the wheels, and get rid of the exhaust can (I'm thinking of a MotoGP style exhaust.)? That would give us a baseline to work from. I'd appreciate it.

Quote:
REDROKR
rear-view camera mounted between gauges(nix the mirrors altogether) is my vision
Very tempting, and I've already done some work in that direction. Specifically, a 4" by 3" sealed screen between the handlebar clamps with a standard video overlay chip that will invert the video where speed, rpm, temp, whatever else will be displayed, enabling all the information you need without masking the rear view. I've seen this on fighter aircraft displays -- works beautifully. It will, however, be expensive. Such is life.

Quote:
Nemo:
Nice...Ockham's Razor in action. Definitely needs your custom lanesplitter bars!
That's what started me thinking about this. How did you know? Great minds ...

Quote:
barton664:
ok i took mdtoneys picture and added what i think it needs to be absolutly perfect... lots more horses
Where? Nice job hiding the nitrous bottle. Seriously, once Honda starts producing this, you are free to pump it up as much as you want. I think 120 at the rear wheel will do nicely.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Rob

post #17 of 50 Old 10-21-2008, 03:41 AM
Tirone

Exclamation

[QUOTE=sugs;246952]When I saw that I thought, "Where have I seen that before?".

Sub 300lbs, 185 gross hp, only $150,000. The Macchia Nera concept.[/QUOTE

post #18 of 50 Old 10-21-2008, 12:59 PM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

I forgot to add to my previous post that the BladeRod project website may be helpful in how they wired the bike. It does give a little information about that and has some photos of the build which may hit to the electronic locations.

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #19 of 50 Old 10-21-2008, 01:10 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Ill have to post up one of my winter projects - Ive got a box and a pallet of CBR600F2 that I was gonna Street fighter up - Looks liek this could be a cool winter for one off bikes !?!

post #20 of 50 Old 10-21-2008, 01:12 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

fwiw, rob, crop the front edge of the front fender by 20%. etch out that rear
half fender thing. I like the open wheel look. the rest looks fine.

post #21 of 50 Old 10-21-2008, 03:14 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

Quote:
Mdtoney, could you do ma a favor? Since your abilities with photoshop far exceed mine, would you be willing to be the official artist? If so could you restore the original colors, replace the forks with stockers but keep the wheels, and get rid of the exhaust can (I'm thinking of a MotoGP style exhaust.)? That would give us a baseline to work from. I'd appreciate it.
Rob
Here ya go Rob, Version 2.0.

Your tank/seat/rear with a standard fork, right side bar end mirror, no extra black added, no license plate, no turn signals, no headlight and no exhaust can.

Sorry I keep using your bike Roy, I don't remember who else has the 6-spoke wheels, and all of my stuff is still in boxes or at the powdercoater...

It took longer to do the digital yardwork and construction on the neighbors house than it did to merge the bike images... Haha!

post #22 of 50 Old 10-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Tonight we ride

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Extraordinary Ride 

Awesome...wish I had/was able to use Photoshop. It occurs to me, however, that in the spirit of stripping things down to the bone, and since the streetfighter's seat has no passenger accomodations, that the passenger pegs could stand removing and the bracket cut down, as well.

post #23 of 50 Old 10-21-2008, 03:56 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
Awesome...wish I had/was able to use Photoshop. It occurs to me, however, that in the spirit of stripping things down to the bone, and since the streetfighter's seat has no passenger accomodations, that the passenger pegs could stand removing and the bracket cut down, as well.
I agree 100%, but the photo I found with the standard forks & 6-spoke wheels, also had the OEM rearsets. I didn't have the time (or patience) this afternoon to add aftermarket rearsets; that would then require digitally cleaning up the swingarm, chainguard/hugger & tire on the original photo to make it look right, since the OEM stuff is so much larger... Unfortunately, I'm kinda OCD when it comes to details and it would drive me nuts to add part of another photo and not have the time to make it look like the photos matched.
Hell, I spent a couple hours on the photo yesterday just trying to make the driveway and the garage door look like I didn't just slap a couple photos together.
If I have some time tomorrow I'll look around for a photo of some aftermarket rearsets, taken from the same angle, and see what I can do.

After looking at all the photos for a while, I'm starting to agree with Rob that the USD fork is a little too much for this bike when you use a smaller seat & rear section. Maybe I can find a photo of a 900RR swingarm and start over with the inverted forks and the small rear section.

Anyone want to take on that project in real-life? Adding a bulkier swingarm and linkage shock? Come on, it can't be that hard to fab up some shock mounts...

post #24 of 50 Old 10-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 

Nice photoshop work! Bike looks badass. When you get a chance can you fix that crack in the driveway.

post #25 of 50 Old 10-21-2008, 04:12 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike View Post
Nice photoshop work! Bike looks badass. When you get a chance can you fix that crack in the driveway.
Haha, now you got me thinking about it.... Damn OCD

post #26 of 50 Old 10-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Rider reborn

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

This thread makes me regret some of my recent decisions... Good news - I have a Bandit to mod...

Lex Talionis
post #27 of 50 Old 10-21-2008, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Old, Bold rider

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
Here ya go.

This is not a photoshop job: I rolled my bike out, unbolted the left footpeg bracket and took another picture with it out of the way, then imported the image into Paint, isolated the swingarm, scaled it down to 93% and pasted over my original image, eliminating the bracket. Then I drew a Q&D rearset bracket and used Paste From to call up the original image to copy the footrest and shifter, cleaned it up and pasted it onto the drawn bracket, and used the line function to draw in the link rod. The point is there is more than one way to skin a cat! Have at it guys and gals. I'm heading out to Telluride for a week of R&R and forgetting about the hellacious stress I'm under, and probably won't be near a computer much less an internet connection for at least the next four days. Enjoy!

Rob

P.S.: The line you see on the swingarm just at the rear of the rearset is not an artifact of the paste -- it's the weld joining the cast part of the swingarm to the extruded part.

On the other hand, if it has not been done never assume it is impossible to do it.
------- Rob --------
post #28 of 50 Old 10-31-2008, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Old, Bold rider

Garage

Awards Showcase

This is turning into an interesting project. I've been designing the electrical end of things, and came up with what I think is a viable alternative to an incandescent headlight: based on a condensing lens from a projector HID light, but pumped with LED's.

Mathematically the light output should be roughly equivalent to the incandescent, it's only 66mm in major diameter and 86mm long, and draws 0.5 amp rather than 5 amps, enabling much lighter wiring. The shape and positioning of the emitter end of the LED manifold is extremely critical, and there is a possibility of zerobeat phase cancellation, but these are addressable with experimentation. The best part is it's small enough to fit inside the stantion tube with little protrusion, effectively hiding it completely.

Coming soon: taillight and rear turn signals integrated invisibly into the tail piece, and a MotoGP style exhaust system. The biggest problem I am facing with that is making it quiet enough to be directly manufacturable -- the whole point of this project: Honda must be able to take this complete package, press the lapels for DOT and ARB approval, and take it straight into production.
I know, dream on.

Rob

------- Rob --------
post #29 of 50 Old 10-31-2008, 10:05 PM
Milites Gregarius

just an idea, i am in the process of 'glassing off my tail light (not the tail light itself but the area where it is) and placing led strip for the tail light and rear turn signals. going to be using these:

http://www.customdynamics.com/flex_led_array.htm

post #30 of 50 Old 10-31-2008, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Old, Bold rider

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelbiz View Post
just an idea, i am in the process of 'glassing off my tail light (not the tail light itself but the area where it is) and placing led strip for the tail light and rear turn signals. going to be using these:

http://www.customdynamics.com/flex_led_array.htm
A good idea, and one I toyed with for a time. Depending on the lengths available it should be possible to pull a positive mold from the taillight, add material to create channels in the fiberglass to fit the LED strips in order to fit them nearly flush with the surface to give it a more integrated look rather than looking glued on. As long as you are skilled enough to work the fabric around the channels without introducing resin rich areas it should hold up nicely. Vacuum bagging is the best method for this. The turn signals could be integrated into the taillight area, but there is a complication if you want red for the taillight and amber for the turn signals.

What I intend to do is make a complete 'glass tailpiece starting with gelcoat and only a couple layers of 2 to 2.5 Oz cloth and piercing hundreds of 0.01" holes through the areas I want for the taillight (pretty much where the stocker is), and the turn signals (starting at the rear about where the taillight ends and going forward 10" along the edge of the tail, about 3/4" above and below the edge), then flooding the piercings with water clear epoxy to act as light guides. LED's will provide light to the guides. In essence there will be no differentiation of these areas until the lights are turned on, whereupon they will light up red or flash amber.

Rob

------- Rob --------
post #31 of 50 Old 11-01-2008, 06:53 AM

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

well i guess that would look sweet

post #32 of 50 Old 11-01-2008, 07:15 AM
Optio

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Quote:
Here ya go Rob, Version 2.0.

Sorry I keep using your bike Roy, I don't remember who else has the 6-spoke wheels. . .

No problem Mike!!
Being a designer by profession, this streetfighter exercise Rob started has gotten my interest. . .especially with your merging my bike with Rob's concept Photochop. Nice work guys. I must agree. . .that the standard forks look much better on a 919 streetfighter. It provides a better visual balance of the stripped down look. Inverted forks give the front end a heavier look.

And, do fix my driveway!!!

post #33 of 50 Old 11-01-2008, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Old, Bold rider

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Anyone want to take on that project in real-life? Adding a bulkier swingarm and linkage shock? Come on, it can't be that hard to fab up some shock mounts...
Here's generally what it would look like with a CBR954 swingarm. Just playing around while waiting for a couple loaves to rise.

I'm getting better at this!

Rob

post #34 of 50 Old 11-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Hippie Tinkerer

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Now even I'm getting interested! One of the few things I have always had a mild dislike for is the blocky rear swingarm...it just lack any design or shape. And I'm sure the linkage for the shock would have some good benefits. So to swap it out with the 954 looks great, although now I think it needs the bigger front forks to balance it out. Although that look could just be an illusion from photochop?

Have to say I like where this is going though!!!

Pics: https://www.wristtwisters.com/album.php?albumid=176

Build List in Spoiler
Spoiler:

SOLD SOLD SOLD

When Sold:
2004 Honda 919 Silver and Black w/red accents
599 Headlight
Koso Gauges DB-02r
GiPro gear indicator
Buell M2 shield - plasti dip black
Givi Crash bars
Dynojet PCIII, Custom Akrapovic map
Akrapovic GSXR 750 Exhaust, Shorty Carbon fiber Low mount
Custom weld job on OEM header, to enable use of center stand and GSXR exhaust
VFR front fender, re-shaped and CF wrapped
Seargent seat w/ gel insert
Custom LED Rear lights w/ Vizi-tech flasher
Competition Works Fender Eliminator, modified
Front 3-way LED Turn Signals flushmount via cbr1000r
6-Spoke wheel conversion ( 900rr-rear / F3-front ) Powdercoated white, Plasti-dipped black
Michelin Pilot Road 3 - New @ 19940 8/10/11 190/55r17 rear
Dyna Beads for tire balancing
17t / 44t Sprockets, 520 conversion from LDH
New All-balls bearings thru-out 6/2012
Piaa horns 400 & 500 hertz
Ohlins rear shock from an F3, Re-Valved/Sprung- By Pro Pilot Suspension
F4i Forks, custom sprung/sealed/valved, Plasti-dipped Black
ASV shorty clutch and front brake levers - Black W/Red Adj.
Tech-Spec custom tank Pads
Napoleon bar end mirrors
SW-Motech center stand
Custom Handle Bars with Grip Heaters and OEM hidden switch, Hi/Lo heat
FuzeBlocks FZ-1 Power Distribution
Shorai Battery
F2P garage door opener wired to brake switch
Hydraulic rear brake switch
RC51 front brakes SP1, with 10 button rotors
Buell Ulysses Dropped Foot Peg conversion
Powdercoated: 22+ parts
etc, etc,
post #35 of 50 Old 11-17-2008, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Old, Bold rider

Garage

Awards Showcase

Another version I call the Floridabike, or for WT members the Barton Special.

365 HP @ 2 rpm before it blows the cylinder head up through the tank or the crankshaft out the bottom of the cases.
Notice I am not including a triviality like an air filter -- the motor won't last long enough for dirt to do any damage! It is strongly advised spare motors be kept on hand, and convert from mounting bolts to a great big zipper.

post #36 of 50 Old 11-17-2008, 03:35 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Another version I call the Floridabike, or for WT members the Barton Special.

365 HP @ 2 rpm before it blows the cylinder head up through the tank or the crankshaft out the bottom of the cases.
Notice I am not including a triviality like an air filter -- the motor won't last long enough for dirt to do any damage! It is strongly advised spare motors be kept on hand, and convert from mounting bolts to a great big zipper.
I LIKE IT!!! IT NEEDS WHEELIE BARS

post #37 of 50 Old 11-17-2008, 03:35 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntnceguy View Post
Now even I'm getting interested! One of the few things I have always had a mild dislike for is the blocky rear swingarm...it just lack any design or shape. And I'm sure the linkage for the shock would have some good benefits. So to swap it out with the 954 looks great, although now I think it needs the bigger front forks to balance it out. Although that look could just be an illusion from photochop?

Have to say I like where this is going though!!!
I have to agree with you - for this project, the stock swingarm should be balanced with the stock forks, but a beefier 954-style linkage swingarm would look better with beefier inverted forks.

Why can't I have a shop full of parts that I could test-fit so I could mix & match to make a real Franken-bike?!?!

post #38 of 50 Old 11-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Hippie Tinkerer

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Why can't I have a shop full of parts that I could test-fit so I could mix & match to make a real Franken-bike?!?!
You and me both!!!

BTW.....Does anyone have any idea how hard one of those linkage swingarms would be to swap in? I know the forks are do-able, but the swingarm???

Pics: https://www.wristtwisters.com/album.php?albumid=176

Build List in Spoiler
Spoiler:

SOLD SOLD SOLD

When Sold:
2004 Honda 919 Silver and Black w/red accents
599 Headlight
Koso Gauges DB-02r
GiPro gear indicator
Buell M2 shield - plasti dip black
Givi Crash bars
Dynojet PCIII, Custom Akrapovic map
Akrapovic GSXR 750 Exhaust, Shorty Carbon fiber Low mount
Custom weld job on OEM header, to enable use of center stand and GSXR exhaust
VFR front fender, re-shaped and CF wrapped
Seargent seat w/ gel insert
Custom LED Rear lights w/ Vizi-tech flasher
Competition Works Fender Eliminator, modified
Front 3-way LED Turn Signals flushmount via cbr1000r
6-Spoke wheel conversion ( 900rr-rear / F3-front ) Powdercoated white, Plasti-dipped black
Michelin Pilot Road 3 - New @ 19940 8/10/11 190/55r17 rear
Dyna Beads for tire balancing
17t / 44t Sprockets, 520 conversion from LDH
New All-balls bearings thru-out 6/2012
Piaa horns 400 & 500 hertz
Ohlins rear shock from an F3, Re-Valved/Sprung- By Pro Pilot Suspension
F4i Forks, custom sprung/sealed/valved, Plasti-dipped Black
ASV shorty clutch and front brake levers - Black W/Red Adj.
Tech-Spec custom tank Pads
Napoleon bar end mirrors
SW-Motech center stand
Custom Handle Bars with Grip Heaters and OEM hidden switch, Hi/Lo heat
FuzeBlocks FZ-1 Power Distribution
Shorai Battery
F2P garage door opener wired to brake switch
Hydraulic rear brake switch
RC51 front brakes SP1, with 10 button rotors
Buell Ulysses Dropped Foot Peg conversion
Powdercoated: 22+ parts
etc, etc,
post #39 of 50 Old 11-17-2008, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Old, Bold rider

Garage

Awards Showcase

I did an evaluation of the '04 CBR 600 unit pro link rear suspension geometry a while back, and while it is possible to swap it in, the frame link is not only very heavily loaded, it's position on the frame end is extremely critical -- a 1/4" off and your handling would be crap. The earlier swingarms with the upper shock eye bolted to the frame would be somewhat easier, but all the mounts have to be in just the right position or Honda's careful engineering is for naught.
Here's a link to that evaluation.
https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=5228
Yeah, it can be done, given sufficient infusions of creativity and cash.

Rob

------- Rob --------
post #40 of 50 Old 11-19-2008, 07:15 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode