919 Seat - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 13 Old 05-29-2006, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Naked in Cheese Land

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

919 Seat

Did 450 miles today, and have come to relize that i need a new seat. spent a couple miles on my buddy's KZ-1100 with a Corbin. Very Nice, well other than the total lack of fun when you twist the throttle, but the seat was nice!

Have you guy swapped out seats? Are there any Used Corbins floating around? any other options?

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-29-2006, 09:38 PM

450 miles in one day? Great job!

post #3 of 13 Old 05-29-2006, 11:15 PM

I did 1300 in two days and came to that same realization after about 200. Got a corbin and will never go back. I still keep the stock for the sportier look, just recovered it. The corbin is great. I am leaving thursday for a 4K mile trip and the corbin will take care of me. I highly recommend it. Expensive, but you get what you pay for. I did upholstery at my father's shop for a few years so I know what i am talking about. Their stuff is top quality and great customer service. Do it.

post #4 of 13 Old 05-30-2006, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbetty
I did 1300 in two days and came to that same realization after about 200. Got a corbin and will never go back. I still keep the stock for the sportier look, just recovered it. The corbin is great. I am leaving thursday for a 4K mile trip and the corbin will take care of me. I highly recommend it. Expensive, but you get what you pay for. I did upholstery at my father's shop for a few years so I know what i am talking about. Their stuff is top quality and great customer service. Do it.
I am considering a corbin as well, but was wondering if the wider/deeper pan inhibits leaning off the bike?

post #5 of 13 Old 05-30-2006, 07:58 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudarra
I am considering a corbin as well, but was wondering if the wider/deeper pan inhibits leaning off the bike?
It's not as comfortable as leaning off the stocker if you ride with your butt back toward the rear and try to hang off, but if you're a mash the jewels in the tank kind of guy when cornering it is fine.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #6 of 13 Old 05-30-2006, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Naked in Cheese Land

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I assume that the shape and feel of the Corbin on my buddies KZ would be the same for the 919? am i totally off base there?

post #7 of 13 Old 05-30-2006, 08:02 AM

Any other options? I am tall so I like to keep my ass in the back at virtually all times. I was hoping to find a comfier saddle that looks nice, good quality, and most importantly places my weight comfortably toward the back scoop. Maybe I should just have my stock seat reapholstered?

post #8 of 13 Old 05-30-2006, 08:05 AM

used corbin. Thats funny!

post #9 of 13 Old 05-30-2006, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim
It's not as comfortable as leaning off the stocker if you ride with your butt back toward the rear and try to hang off, but if you're a mash the jewels in the tank kind of guy when cornering it is fine.

Sounds great! I like to sit close to the tank. When I lean off I usually bring my body down and forward, so the Corbin will probably be fine.

post #10 of 13 Old 05-30-2006, 08:31 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortonomics
Any other options? I am tall so I like to keep my ass in the back at virtually all times. I was hoping to find a comfier saddle that looks nice, good quality, and most importantly places my weight comfortably toward the back scoop. Maybe I should just have my stock seat reapholstered?
Sargent seats are an option some prefer. I think they redo your stock seat.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #11 of 13 Old 05-30-2006, 09:03 AM

Sargent does redo the stocker. As for the Corbin, it has a backrest practically built into it. The rear of the front seat scoops up and lets you sit right up against the rear cowl. It lets you sit back further. It does not inhibit forward seating either. I only use it for long trips because it is heavy and I had the stocker redone to allow better lean-offs. The corbin is not for the track. it is perfect for long trips and especially for a passenger. If you plan on riding more than a couple hours a day, I highly recommend it. Otherwise just recut the stock. Shouldn't be too expensive. BTW, I do occasionally see used corbins on ebay for the 9er, but they go for near retail price anyway, so don't wait around looking for a deal.

post #12 of 13 Old 05-30-2006, 09:19 AM
Heavy Metal

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 5

i got a deal on a used corbin...

have a stock seat that's bein customized cause that corbin is so damn heavy...but it is comfortable

post #13 of 13 Old 05-30-2006, 01:39 PM
Immune

any idea how much sargent charges for redoing the stocker, blackbetty?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode