919 OTD baseline - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 15 Old 09-24-2008, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
new 919 pilot

919 OTD baseline

Greetings from Hawaii!
I'm a newbie member that just joined, posted in Introductions. I'm selling the V-star to get the 919. I've searched around the net and some people say they've been getting sub-7K otd prices on the leftover 07 919s in their locale. I went to two dealers yesterday and before I can ask them about factory Honda rebates they gave me 9.5K otd prices. After talking one down with information one dealer said possibly 9K otd and the other said "maybe" 8K otd. They both insisted that the shipping to Hawaii etc. means by no way can they reach even 7K otd. I've let them know that I'm checking on prices (well, there's only those two dealers in Oahu) but if no other, I guess 8K otd should'nt be bad? If there's any 919 owners in the hawaiian islands I am interested to know how much you paid just so I know what to expect. Or even if you don't live here, what sounds reasonable. Then I can pull the trigger and they can start shipping it here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 09-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentax View Post
Greetings from Hawaii!
I'm a newbie member that just joined, posted in Introductions. I'm selling the V-star to get the 919. I've searched around the net and some people say they've been getting sub-7K otd prices on the leftover 07 919s in their locale. I went to two dealers yesterday and before I can ask them about factory Honda rebates they gave me 9.5K otd prices. After talking one down with information one dealer said possibly 9K otd and the other said "maybe" 8K otd. They both insisted that the shipping to Hawaii etc. means by no way can they reach even 7K otd. I've let them know that I'm checking on prices (well, there's only those two dealers in Oahu) but if no other, I guess 8K otd should'nt be bad? If there's any 919 owners in the hawaiian islands I am interested to know how much you paid just so I know what to expect. Or even if you don't live here, what sounds reasonable. Then I can pull the trigger and they can start shipping it here

i am not in florida but i am a salesman at the largest honda dealer in the usa.. (rickcase honda davie,fl) and to be honest if you can get it at 8k otd thats not a bad deal.. there was an addicional rebate that allowed the 7k and under prices but they took that (honda did) now to "net" out of a 919 its about 8k otd... talk to them hard and offer 7500 out the door.. they may take a short deal to make a number.. good luck and welcome to the forum

post #3 of 15 Old 09-24-2008, 05:33 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

post #4 of 15 Old 09-24-2008, 06:12 PM

Considering you're on an island, and a long way from Japan, or the mainland, $8k OTD is pretty good, IMO.

post #5 of 15 Old 09-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 

My god, would I love to burn around the islands on my 9er. When you get it, mount a video camera on the handlebar and take long vid.

2015 Ducati Monster 1200S

"Anyone who says money can't buy you happiness has obviously never used money to buy a Ducati motorcycle."
post #6 of 15 Old 09-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Tirone

Quote:
Greetings from Hawaii!

Hey there, I live here on kauai and got my 9'er for 8k otd. they would not go any further down on the price no amount of cajoling or threats of going off island to buy new. So i did some research about buying from the mainland and honolulu and it came out to the same price or more for what i got it for. But i got a new helmet out of the deal. Like you said shipping from the mainland etc.etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyCatcher View Post
My god, would I love to burn around the islands on my 9er. When you get it, mount a video camera on the handlebar and take long vid.
I am working on getting a video mount for my 9'er and will post some videos for all of you guys. Maybe post it during your winter months,...lol Just so you guys don't get 9'er fever....lol

post #7 of 15 Old 09-25-2008, 12:42 AM
Hola Como Estas?

Welcome Aboard. When I was pricing new 06 919's the lowest I saw sticker was 8,500 at Pflueger Honda in Waipahu. I ended up getting my '02 through craigslist for about 4,500. I'd say check there but I never see them posted to often there. 8,000 isn't a bad price, considering there is a limited amount of dealers and neither of which carry many 919's' if any.

post #8 of 15 Old 09-25-2008, 04:19 AM
Vintage Honda

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

8K of fun - not a beter a value on the planet - or in paradise...

post #9 of 15 Old 09-25-2008, 04:23 AM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyCatcher View Post
Boy, you aren't kidding. Hawaii is on my bucket list. In the meantime, I'd get a kick out of seeing it by bike-mounted video!

Welcome aboard, serpentax! And good luck with the purchase. Please let us know how you make out with it!

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #10 of 15 Old 09-25-2008, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
new 919 pilot

Smile

thanks everyone, just wanted a good idea of it. If they absolutely say its 8k I've gotta try to include a helmet. I hope it wont be a novelty helmet lol. I was originally enamored by the new triumph t-100 bonnevilles but they were too much coin for what they were, plus I wanted my next bike to be on a different performance level with some decent technology. Looked at the street triple and heard of its good reviews but its hard to get and I put Honda reliability and polish above it. Actually when I bought my v-star in 2003I sat on a grey/blackish 919 at the dealer while waiting and I said "hey, this feels pretty good"...well, I think I'll be going to the dealer this Saturday so wish me luck!
thanks again,
serpentax

post #11 of 15 Old 09-25-2008, 01:19 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

post #12 of 15 Old 09-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Tirone

Yea good luck and try to at least get a helmet or a jacket or something for 8k otd. And you too much get the camera and let us know if you get it!! Good Luck!!
and welcome to the forums

post #13 of 15 Old 09-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Tirone

Quote:
thanks everyone, just wanted a good idea of it. If they absolutely say its 8k I've gotta try to include a helmet. I hope it wont be a novelty helmet lol. I was originally enamored by the new triumph t-100 bonnevilles but they were too much coin for what they were, plus I wanted my next bike to be on a different performance level with some decent technology. Looked at the street triple and heard of its good reviews but its hard to get and I put Honda reliability and polish above it. Actually when I bought my v-star in 2003I sat on a grey/blackish 919 at the dealer while waiting and I said "hey, this feels pretty good"...well, I think I'll be going to the dealer this Saturday so wish me luck!
thanks again,
serpentax

Yeah buy it!!!! Still got my smile-on, since i rode it out of the dealer show room. I was leaning towards a cbr 1k. and seen the 9'er sitting all alone in the corner. Asked to sit on her and the rest is history....I have a cbr 900rr that i hardly ride since getting my 9'er..

post #14 of 15 Old 09-26-2008, 07:30 AM
I Love Parallel Twins

Howdy, Back in '82 I was 19 and a sailor aboard the USS Coral Sea CV 43 and we pulled into Pearl for a few days of rest and relaxation. My buddies and I rented little Honda mopeds from some shop in Honolulu and toured the whole way around Oahu. What a blast! Being an East Texas boy, I had never seen stuff such as the BIG waves of the North side, pineapple plantations, or the windmill farms like you have there. Very cool indeed. Get your 919 and enjoy it and all you HI fellas post us some pics from y'alls neck of the woods. I wouldn't think that 8K is too much for a new one on an island. Make them rascals throw in a Shoei and you'll be good to go.
Welcome to the forum friend!

JDubya
Harleyville, South Carolina
USA
post #15 of 15 Old 09-28-2008, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
new 919 pilot

Thanks everyone, and hello to my fellow islanders. Progress report: Going to give the bike/collect money/title swap with new owner of my vstar in a couple days. Talked to one dealer over the phone (same place that said maybe 8k) and this salesman said 8.5K is what he can do, and if we start talking he can start ordering the 919. I said what about 8.3 and a helmet, and that someone I know (keep em guessing) got theirs for 8k from "another dealer", and that I would get back to him to "sit down" and talk about going a little lower than this 8.5k. He said I can come in anytime to meet. So I guess I will be visiting the dealer early next week. The general manager at another dealer said 9K otd so I aint even trying to go there. So the effort continues...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode