919 oem turn signal question - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 04-08-2017, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

919 oem turn signal question

Hi guys,

I just bought the bike and before I start modding it, I have to pass a safety inspection which means pretty much everything has to be stock (because it comes from another province, i'm in Canada).

The right front turn signal is separating a little betweek the stem (called the stay?) and the actual turn signal body (where the bulb is).

In the exploded views I can find, there seems to be a screw holding these parts together, but I don't see that on mine. Is is supposed to be there? I see something metallic inside a hole, but if it's a screw, it's missing it's head.

It's a 2007 919.

I plan on changing them as soon as the inspection is done, but I have to deal with it first!

Thanks for any input!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-08-2017, 11:01 PM
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis76 View Post
Hi guys,

I just bought the bike and before I start modding it, I have to pass a safety inspection which means pretty much everything has to be stock (because it comes from another province, i'm in Canada).

The right front turn signal is separating a little betweek the stem (called the stay?) and the actual turn signal body (where the bulb is).

In the exploded views I can find, there seems to be a screw holding these parts together, but I don't see that on mine. Is is supposed to be there? I see something metallic inside a hole, but if it's a screw, it's missing it's head.

It's a 2007 919.

I plan on changing them as soon as the inspection is done, but I have to deal with it first!

Thanks for any input!
Can you post a pic or a reference to a diagram? I had the same problem with mine and I ended up with some epoxy or something in there (IIRC). I think there was a screw in there, but it pulled out the plastic/rubber that the threads go into.

I use bike bandit to get a break down pic.
http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/...1093#sch418622

post #3 of 6 Old 04-09-2017, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

I've been using BikeBandit for exploded view also!

See my attached image, I drew a red line where this thing is separating.
In the front it's open by about a little less than a quarter inch, in the back it's tight.

When I try to just push it back in, it goes, but doesnt stay.

That screw #14 in the drawing, I don't see that on mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turnsignal.jpg (27.2 KB, 10 views)

post #4 of 6 Old 04-09-2017, 07:24 AM
Princeps Prior

Take a look at the left signal. How it's put together. See if it has the screw. That will be your answer

post #5 of 6 Old 04-09-2017, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline919 View Post
Take a look at the left signal. How it's put together. See if it has the screw. That will be your answer
It's put together the same way, no screws, at least nothing I can see.

post #6 of 6 Old 04-09-2017, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Ok, found the screw...

It's in the same hole that the wiring goes through. You have to move the wires aside and deep inside the hole you'll see the screw!

Was able to separate it and give it a little modification so it comes together a little better now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode