919 new blinkers, asv levers and running lights. - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 3 Old 06-06-2012, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

919 new blinkers, asv levers and running lights.

My 06 919 came into my possession with aftermarket front blinkers, which I don't like, integrated tail light, which I don't like, ASV levers, which I don't like (would gladly trade for anything that can fit more than two of my fingers on it), Bar end mirrors, which I don't like and cut grips, which I don't like. Everything else is stock, which I really really like.

I have already replaced the grips along with some Rhino bar-ends and now I am working on fixing the rest of the problems. I have already decided on a custom led tail light and a blinker relay box.

Next, I would like to replace the front turn signals with something that looks a little nicer. Also, did the stock turn signals double as running lights? If so, can I get aftermarket signals that work the same as stock but look better?

Now as far as the ASV levers are concerned, the brake side is OK, I can live with it. The clutch side, however, is just dreadful. It is "adjusted" as close as it will go to my fingers and I still have to nearly take my hand off the handlebars to reach it, which is absurd because the previous owner told me he bought it because he has small hands. I am about to just put the stock one on and throw the ASV in the trash, but if anyone here wants it and has a normal lever I would love to trade, or if you have a suggestion on what to do about this problem.

Thanks,

Jackson Agar

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-06-2012, 04:43 AM
Optio

Garage
Pm sent

2016 Honda Africa Twin
2007 Honda 919
1998 Kawi ZX9R (Sold)
post #3 of 3 Old 06-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Pierre-Marc

PM sent

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode