919 Manual in PDF format - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 28 Old 09-03-2006, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Church of the Holy Smoke

919 Manual in PDF format

-BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND & ONLY FOR A LIMITED TIME! -

GET IT NOW! ---> Honda CB900F 919 Service Manual
NOTE:This is a temporary link. Please do not cross link this to other sites and forums as it will be gone in a few days.

DETAILS:
Manual is in PDF format. The files you see are in a multi-part RARchive with an SFX.exe to extract. There are 11 parts plus a PAR2 recovery volume. You do not need the recovery volume, and is for file integrity checking only. To extract the manual simply run 'Honda CB900F 919 Service Manual.part01.exe' once you have downloaded all the parts, and saved them in the same directory, of course.

I have included the PAR2 file, for those of you that know what it is. I did not include any recovery volumes and is for file integrity checking only. With this, you will be able to know which file to grab over again in the event you have an incomplete or corrupt file during your download. To learn more about PAR2 search GOOGLE.

If you are a MAC user, maybe try 'UnRarX' to extract the file from the RARchive, and try 'par2 version 0.4 for Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger' to run the PAR2 check. Google these software titles to find them.

Enjoy!

- Rev. CYCHO -

tires.... it's what's for dinner!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 09-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Honda Addict

That's a helluva coincidence Motocycho!

We were both posting an offer for the 919 manual at the same time.

Cycho's method is obviously the faster route.

If any of you guys have trouble downloading it or just need it on CD, PM me your snail mail address and I'll send you a copy. Please specify MAC or PC.

It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.
post #3 of 28 Old 09-04-2006, 06:07 AM
Milites Gregarius

Motocycho:
Thanks a bunch, the manual download worked very well.
Mike

post #4 of 28 Old 09-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

Thanks Motocycho! I've been using the same manual off the Honda rider's website, but it works much smoother now. Thanks again!!

-Joe
post #5 of 28 Old 09-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Hopefully nobody will freak out and get all moral high-minded like some dude did over on the yahoo group. Thanks Cycho!

2002 919 40,000 miles
"racing is life...everything else is just waiting"
post #6 of 28 Old 09-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase

Ya know, after the limp d#ck tool kit and the shoddy assembly job Honda did on my bike initially, they owe me. Thanks Motocycho!!

-Joe
post #7 of 28 Old 09-04-2006, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Church of the Holy Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bock919 View Post
Hopefully nobody will freak out and get all moral high-minded like some dude did over on the yahoo group. Thanks Cycho!
One of those "it's stealing" types? Copyrighted blah blah! It's not like we use the manual to make our own motorcycles. We use it to fix the damn bike what we already paid Honda several thousand dollars for. IMO, the bike should come with this manual.

- Rev. CYCHO -

post #8 of 28 Old 09-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoCycho View Post
One of those "it's stealing" types? Copyrighted blah blah! It's not like we use the manual to make our own motorcycles. We use it to fix the damn bike what we already paid Honda several thousand dollars for. IMO, the bike should come with this manual.
Couldn't agree with ya more. If Honda donates the proceeds of manual sales to the mechanics so I can pay less to have the bike worked on, I'll buy a manual. Since they don't, I'm working on it myself and I'm not paying a dime for the manual.

2002 919 40,000 miles
"racing is life...everything else is just waiting"
post #9 of 28 Old 09-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bock919 View Post
Couldn't agree with ya more. If Honda donates the proceeds of manual sales to the mechanics so I can pay less to have the bike worked on, I'll buy a manual. Since they don't, I'm working on it myself and I'm not paying a dime for the manual.
+1

-Joe
post #10 of 28 Old 09-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Helping a Member in Need 
Total Awards: 1

thanks!! does anyone have it for the 04 and up for the suspension changes? Of course i'm not going to ever tackle that kind of job, but would be nice to have.

post #11 of 28 Old 09-05-2006, 06:42 AM
Discen

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Guess I'll be the "high minded, limp d#cked" guy and disagree. I am not turning anyone in or telling anyone what they should do but it is stealing and it is copyrighted material.

You bought a motorcycle. You knew when you bought it did not come with a service manual. All this crap about "I deserve it for free because..." is just that, crap.

I think it would be great if Honda chose to give it away. But they didn't. Fair? Who cares? Life ain't fair and the world doesn't owe you a free ride.

Honda _probably_ does not care about end users like us pirating their work. The copyright is probably there to prevent someone from re-using their hard work and then re-selling the content.

Also it probably has a little to do with liability. The manual assumes some basic intelligence and mechanical common sense. If every idiot got a free copy and then tried to take their bike completely apart I'm sure some moron would try to sue Honda.

I'm not really a jerk, I just like being the devil's advocate.
David

post #12 of 28 Old 09-05-2006, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Church of the Holy Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs_tx View Post
Guess I'll be the "high minded, limp d#cked" guy and disagree. I am not turning anyone in or telling anyone what they should do but it is stealing and it is copyrighted material.

You bought a motorcycle. You knew when you bought it did not come with a service manual. All this crap about "I deserve it for free because..." is just that, crap.

I think it would be great if Honda chose to give it away. But they didn't. Fair? Who cares? Life ain't fair and the world doesn't owe you a free ride.

Honda _probably_ does not care about end users like us pirating their work. The copyright is probably there to prevent someone from re-using their hard work and then re-selling the content.

Also it probably has a little to do with liability. The manual assumes some basic intelligence and mechanical common sense. If every idiot got a free copy and then tried to take their bike completely apart I'm sure some moron would try to sue Honda.

I'm not really a jerk, I just like being the devil's advocate.
David
I also bought the real paper manual. I think having both is convenient. I can look at the PDF version when I am inside preparing for the work ahead. Plus we share snap-shots from the PDF manual here all the time to assist in varies lessons and advice. It's just handy. I think of it as a supplement, not a replacement. Besides, just because no one is owed a free ride doesn't mean you shouldn't take one when it comes along. "Owed" is not what this is about. "Having" is what this is about. I have it, I'm sharing it. Now go lash away your guilt for downloading the manual.

- Rev. CYCHO -

post #13 of 28 Old 09-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Honda Addict

I have a legitimate hard copy also.

It's not a "Honda owes us something" issue. Having a copy in PDF is handy for quick reference when online. Also for printing out specific pages to take out in the garage and get greasey then toss in the trash when the project is done.

Sure makes the hard copy last longer.

It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.
post #14 of 28 Old 09-05-2006, 11:27 AM

I spend 8-10 grand on a BRAND NEW BIKE... and they can't give me a book on how to maintain it??? what crap is that... I do not own a hardcopy am not interested as that I have a computer in the shop... much more handy.

You have already paid for the right to own the manual with the purchase of the bike. Don't tell me that you buy the bike without it blah blah blah...

your spending 10 grand on a hunk of metal and plastic... NO REASON why honda doesn't throw the book in with the toolkit. It would cost them nothing more than the paper it is printed on.

I have personally owned 3 BRAND NEW honda's within the last 6 years. thats almost 32,000 dollars. I am in MY eyes entitled to do whatever I want with the books. If they have a problem with it they should get in touch.... I can just as easily ride yamaha's instead.

post #15 of 28 Old 09-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Milites Gregarius

Wouldn't ya know it would take a guy from Texas to spoil the party. I seem to remember a certain movie line explaining how only queers and steers come from Texas. Can steers type? Just kidding of course, just don't let it happen again.

post #16 of 28 Old 09-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase

I guess because I called everyone who wants to call on copyright laws a "limp d$ck," I should respond.

Believe me, I know about copyright laws. Goes hand in hand with both technical writing and photography (profession and hobby, respectively). I am not arguing that is not wrong. But Honda makes millions a year selling these bikes to us, and the least they could do is provide us with a manual to repair the product they sold us. Because of some stupid survey they even cheated me out of a tool kit, which the dealer ordered after I paid for it, only to find that most of the tools were backordered. I am not too happy with Honda's service right now, and if a good citizen can help me out by putting a service manual in PDF that I can download to use to repair my bike, then kudos to him. I will continue to buy Honda, but if what they say is true, I may never need another bike anyway!

Just an afterthought, I am pretty sure they would not get sued if some idiot took his bike apart according to the service manual; if that was the case you wouldn't even get an owner's manual.

One more thought...born and raised in Montana, lived in Alaska for a time, forcefully relocated to the heat of San Antonio...for now.

-Joe
post #17 of 28 Old 09-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase

Wait a second, I didn't call anybody a limp d$ck, I called the tool kit "limp d$ck."

I'm confused...

-Joe
post #18 of 28 Old 09-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Tesserarius

I'm printing mine out right now and I don't feel guilty at all, all 432 pages of it.
Hmmmm how am I going to bind 432 pages?

post #19 of 28 Old 09-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHOBMAN View Post
I'm printing mine out right now and I don't feel guilty at all, all 432 pages of it.
Hmmmm how am I going to bind 432 pages?
Download a large office stapler.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #20 of 28 Old 09-05-2006, 06:23 PM

When I tried it it says some files are corrupt

post #21 of 28 Old 09-05-2006, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Church of the Holy Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkj1076 View Post
When I tried it it says some files are corrupt
Grab those files over again or refer to the PAR2 file and info related to PAR2 in my original post.

Thanks,

- Rev. CYCHO -

post #22 of 28 Old 09-06-2006, 06:41 PM

I got it to work. Thanks

post #23 of 28 Old 09-06-2006, 10:53 PM
Lady Di

Thanks Motocycho. If it's out there and we have the technology I say go for it. I'm not too happy with Honda service at this time and if I can use it to expand my knowledge of my new bike, then it's great.

post #24 of 28 Old 09-11-2006, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Church of the Holy Smoke

LAST DAY!

I am pulling these files sometime after midnight PDT.. so get 'em now if ya haven't yet.

- Rev. CYCHO -

post #25 of 28 Old 09-15-2006, 08:08 PM
rob

ANy chance of a repost soon? I'd like a copy of that.

Thanks.

Rob.

post #26 of 28 Old 09-18-2006, 08:38 PM

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Repost please...

Hi all,
I'm new here. I would also appreciate a repost.
I'm overdue for a valve adjustment, 18k on my 13 month old '05.
Also would like to remove the evap container (california smog crap); it's so damn ugly.

post #27 of 28 Old 12-24-2006, 10:08 AM
919>food>beer

Sorry to bring back the dead, but as stated above, any chance of a repost? I could really use the factory manual, I just got back from vacation and there is no spark...

post #28 of 28 Old 12-24-2006, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Church of the Holy Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
Sorry to bring back the dead, but as stated above, any chance of a repost? I could really use the factory manual, I just got back from vacation and there is no spark...
Sure. I will post it in a few minutes and leave up until the new year.

Stand by.

- Rev. CYCHO -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode