Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

919 hornet mirror suggestions

21K views 84 replies 45 participants last post by  triplespeed 
#1 ·
I have barends on my 2003 919, but would like to try something that would allow more surface area/visibilty, especially on my left side, due to lack of peripheral vision... any suggestions on something that would complement the bike as well?

#51 ·
Yep... You guys sucked me into these Ebay mirrors as well...

My initial thoughts are that they look a little cheap... but for $20 and change, it's totally worth it.

Couldn't wait to get both mirrors on before I took a picture... much better than the mickey mouse ears...

(excuse the awesome photo quality of my cell phone)

#54 ·
looks like they stick out further than the stockers.... i couldnt go with anything wider than the stockers as i would tend to hit car mirrors if i did.... i personally like my flat black stockers... but the mirrors thats ppl are gettin look pretty damn good!

#57 ·
Honda CBF600N

Has anyone seen the mirrors on the CBF600N sold in the UK? I think those mirrors would fit perfect for the style of this bike. Plus greater visibility. Unfortunately found them for 64 Euros each. Don't think I can fork over that kind of cash. If anyone has a suggestion of where I could get rectangular OEM mirrors let me know. Thanks!

#59 ·
#61 ·
I also took the plunge on these. I wanted something with a bit wider field of vision vs stock, since my shoulders are about all I see from the stock mirrors.

Pair Black Mirrors - Honda CMX400 CMX450 VT500 Ascot $: eBay Motors (item 190403667737 end time Oct-06-10 19:59:00 PDT)

I am more than impressed considering the price. No vibration, image quality is fine and I can finally see more than my shoulders in the field of view. They got my vote.

Ok, reviving this thread cuz I need some help. I ordered these mirrors for my 2007 919 to replace the OEM chrome lollipop mirrors I have now. They looked sweet but they didn't fit. I figured wel,l maybe he sent the wrong ones. He takes them back no problem (great guy to deal with by the way).

I order some from Bike Bandit and they don't look as good but hey, I don't care if they fit. Guess what, they didn't. To put mirrors on my 919 you screw them on counterclockwise. It's like both sets of mirrors have reverse threads.

Does anyone know if Honda changed that up in 2007? There would be no reason to that I can think of yet the "standard mirrors to fit most metric bikes" don't work on mine.

#65 · (Edited)
They're bloody expensive, but I love my Rizoma Radial Nakeds on the 919. Found 'em on sale on eBay; good clear wide view, quality glass, lots of adjustability, just about everything looks good seen in 'em.

Somewhere near the Badlands, South Dakota

Lost near Mt. Pisgah, Pennsylvania

Rizomas being shown up by the scenery in Yosemite Nat'l Park, CA

Looking back at Monument Valley, Utah

#79 ·
hookups said:
I want change mirrors and I like round mirrors with short stem.
Kawasaki Z1 Style Short Mirror (Left or Right)
I think it's looks good with buell M2 windscreen.
For example - old kawasaki (Z series).
You can do it if you want, but short stem on our perchs show shoulders and elbows not road and cars...but what do I know. Give it a shot.

#84 ·
Reviving this thread.

I recently watched a review of the Honda CB650F and I really liked the look of the mirrors.

I took a look at the mirrors and the adapter on Bike bandit and it seems that both the 919 and the cb650f use a 10MM adapter. I'm guessing that the internal thread for the adapter is 10MM which would mean that If I order cb650f mirrors they should fit in the current hornet adapters given the 10mm internal thread.

Can somebody disprove my logic? or am I good to go :p

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.