919 forks on 600 f2 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 01-04-2007, 06:12 PM
tailgunn

919 forks on 600 f2

Anyone know if this is doable? While looking for f3 forks for my f2 track bike on ebay, I came across some 9er forks pretty cheap. They look pretty similiar, but I don't know anything about them. I see that the 94s are the ones to get. Anyone know anything about this kind of swap?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation 
Total Awards: 2

you have to check length & diameter of forks to see if they'll fit your triple tree without messing up ride height. Also, compare the bottom of both sets to consider how wheel & calipers will fit. I don't know anything about cbr's - is your speedo cable driven off the front wheel? For a track bike, maybe it doesn't matter. Think carefully about all attachments. Maybe all this is overkill but it beats having to relist a set because they wouldn't work.
I went to a dealer and took measurements of a similar model I was about to use as donor.
For updating front ends on old bikes (20+ yrs) it definitely best to aquire the WHOLE front end: forks, triples, wheel, fender, calipers, rotors, clipons, etc so's to limit the amount of fabrication.

post #3 of 4 Old 01-06-2007, 08:47 AM
tailgunn

Yeah, I was just hoping I'd get lucky and someone would have done it and save me the trouble of measuring, etc. Guess I'll have to find a guinea pig to measure. I would probably have to get the whole front end, at least because of the brakes. Not sure if that would disqualify it from vintage though. F2 speedo is run from the wheel, but I don't care. I would lose that with the f3 forks too.
Thanks.

post #4 of 4 Old 01-08-2007, 02:29 AM
Tirone

You would also have to check the axle diameter, spacing, and overall width.

+1 for acquiring a complete front end, far less work machining a steering stem to fit an entire front end to your bike versus machining everything else from your bike to fit the new forks (assuming the forks are different, knowing Honda there's nothing shared).

One word about an entire front end swap: make sure the fork length is the same. Too short and you'll derake the bike, thereby lowering the front, and cause all sorts of unsafe handling issues. Too long and you embark on the chopper route: more trail, less response. But too long is far better than too short, at least with too long it won't be unsafe. A bit more unwieldy compared to stock, but not unsafe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode