919 Clutch Schematic - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 13 Old 04-07-2010, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
nom nom nom

919 Clutch Schematic

Late last summer I pulled the clutch and ordered some new friction plates for my 919. Unfortunately, I got sidetracked and never finished putting the clutch back together. Does anyone have a good schematic of the 919 clutch they could upload?

'02 919
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Di"zx"en

Here ya go....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg H07CB900F10.jpg (52.9 KB, 46 views)

That'll work........
post #3 of 13 Old 04-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Le So Cal Troll

just make sure you properly put in the judder spring and spring seat (#6 and #13) with the spring facing up. and with the proper larger inner diameter fiber disk in place.

post #4 of 13 Old 04-07-2010, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
nom nom nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97af View Post
Here ya go....
That's the one I found on line. How many of each style of plate should there be? When I looked at that schematic from Honda Parts Pit Stop last night, it shows 3 friction plates. There are more than that, correct? Also, are the friction plates all the same size or are some different than others?

Here's what Honda Parts Pit Stop shows for the 3 friction plates from the same schematic 97af posted...

7 SKU: 22201-MAE-000
DISK, CLUTCH FRICTION (Honda Code 4516290) 1 $9.06

8 SKU: 22201-MAS-E00
DISK, CLUTCH FRICTION (Honda Code 5729637) 6 $7.36

9 SKU: 22202-MAE-000
DISK B, CLUTCH FRICTION (Honda Code 4516308) 1 $9.06

'02 919
post #5 of 13 Old 04-08-2010, 04:39 AM
Imaginifer

You will find one of the clutch friction plates is differant to all the rest and this one fits last.....in a cut out in the clutch basket.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/woodyeee/IMAG0306.jpg
post #6 of 13 Old 04-08-2010, 05:52 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Hando,

On Ron Ayers site it shows the quantities the same as your listing does.

Qty. 1 of #7
Qty. 6 of #8
Qty. 1 of #9

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #7 of 13 Old 06-28-2010, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
nom nom nom

I still haven't gotten the bike to work yet so hopefully one of you can help me out here. I have replaced all the friction and steel plates and installed everything properly from what I can tell on the schematic. The bike dies when I put it in gear and there is quite a bit of play in the clutch lever. Anyone have any ideas on what I can try or what may be a common mistake when reinstalling the clutch? Do all the clutch plates go into the same grooves in the basket or does the last friction plate go in the other set of grooves?

'02 919
post #8 of 13 Old 06-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Maybe a dumb question, but your kickstand isn't down is it when this happens?

post #9 of 13 Old 06-28-2010, 02:57 PM
CG

Does the bike lurch when you put it in gear? In other words, is it possible that the clutch is not releasing? This would go along with a lot of free play.

You should be able to adjust all the free play out of the cable, not what you want but you should be able to. If you can't eliminate all of the free play, especially the excess free play, something is not assembled or adjusted properly.

post #10 of 13 Old 06-28-2010, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
nom nom nom

Oh my Lord in heaven, MarylandMike was right! I wasn't putting the kickstand up in the garage when checking to see if it was going into gear. It goes into gear now but still slips. Gonna go lube the cable and adjust the free play out. Guess that's what happens when rushing through things, but man I feel dumb.

'02 919
post #11 of 13 Old 06-28-2010, 04:06 PM
h8tenhogs

this is dumb. I missed the kick stand last week thought it was down. bike fell and pinned me next to the suv that was takeing up two parking spaces..pinned i say i was pinned...finally i got a hand in the guys open window as i heard him say are you ok.So far i havent scratched his new car...so i replied yes i am ok i just trying not to scratch your car.thats when two people came to my aid.wow did i feal dumb...people.. check your kickstands.. if your dumb this could happen to you.

post #12 of 13 Old 06-28-2010, 05:18 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeriley View Post
this is dumb. I missed the kick stand last week thought it was down. bike fell and pinned me next to the suv that was takeing up two parking spaces..pinned i say i was pinned...finally i got a hand in the guys open window as i heard him say are you ok.So far i havent scratched his new car...so i replied yes i am ok i just trying not to scratch your car.thats when two people came to my aid.wow did i feal dumb...people.. check your kickstands.. if your dumb this could happen to you.
Happens to the best of us, I did it with my first street bike, XS400...

post #13 of 13 Old 06-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
Oh my Lord in heaven, MarylandMike was right! I wasn't putting the kickstand up in the garage when checking to see if it was going into gear. It goes into gear now but still slips. Gonna go lube the cable and adjust the free play out. Guess that's what happens when rushing through things, but man I feel dumb.

Don't feel bad Hando, I wouldn't have mentioned it if I hadn't done it myself

I half expected to open this thread back up and read "Do you think I'm a dumbazz...of course it wasn't". Glad it's most likely a simple adjustment.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode