919 Centerstand Help - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 10 Old 01-03-2015, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Centurion

919 Centerstand Help

Trying to install OEM center stand. I have read on this site on more than one occasion that instead of loosening radiator & header bolts the stand can be installed if you remove the Y-pipe. I am finding this absolutely false unless someone chimes in to help.

The stand WILL NOT FIT between the header & the bracket bosses on the frame. Raising or lowering the bike has no effect as the problem is the header & frame. The rear header bolt is removed. It will not deflect at all. I am not interested in cutting the stand.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-03-2015, 03:53 PM
Aquilifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce919er View Post
Trying to install OEM center stand. I have read on this site on more than one occasion that instead of loosening radiator & header bolts the stand can be installed if you remove the Y-pipe. I am finding this absolutely false unless someone USES A VERY LONG PRY BAR TO PULL THE HEADER DOWN/OVER JUST ENOUGH..
I've done two...................it's a bitch but can be done.

post #3 of 10 Old 01-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Tirone

I am looking for a center stand. Where did you get yours??

post #4 of 10 Old 01-03-2015, 06:32 PM
Milites Gregarius

Garage
I did not try that, I followed the instructions that said to loosen the radiator and headers. FWIW, i had to practically *remove* the headers before I had enough room to get the stand in... the instructions are very optimistic.

Mark57, there's three centerstands you can get: the OEM Honda one, an SW Motech centerstand that claims to install without fucking around with the exhaust, and the Phobman stand on this forum.

post #5 of 10 Old 01-03-2015, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Centurion

Went out & tried the pry bar again--was not comfortable doing what needed to be done for that. Ended up loosening the header bolts at the head & as mentioned I basically *removed* them then still had to bend, pry, & cuss that thing in there. But it went. Got the shock & Y back on & able to unstring the bike from the garage. Will fart around with the springs (I can't wait) & getting the cans & tail back on tomorrow.

I got this center stand from Paulbiker , just getting around to installing it. Had it powder coated too, although plenty of scratches on it now from the install already.

post #6 of 10 Old 01-03-2015, 07:15 PM
Tirone

Thanks! I was told that the Honda dealer no longer offers the center stand. Do you have a contact number for Paulbiker??

Thanks Mark57

post #7 of 10 Old 01-03-2015, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Centurion

He was just selling a used one--watch the classifieds here but they usually go fairly quick. Twisted Throttle is a source for a new SW Motech. The Phobstand is a garage item only, you cannot ride with it on.

post #8 of 10 Old 01-04-2015, 04:00 AM
Tirone

Thanks, maybe I should write a "wanted post " in the classified section. I have a pit bull that came with the bike. I like to have the OEM stand for when I take trips. It is also useful for maintenance.

post #9 of 10 Old 01-05-2015, 10:24 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

I bought the SW Motech one... Easy as pie installation other than needing to get a little creative with the springs, and it's worked well for me over the last year+/15,000 miles

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle - Hunter S. Thompson
I just mı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨ade you wipe your screen.
-2009 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Race Bike
-2007 Honda 919
-1995 Nighthawk 750 (Tboned)
-1983 KZ 440 (Sold)
post #10 of 10 Old 01-09-2015, 09:47 AM
Tesserarius

I have a PHOBSTAND available!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode