2004 Honda 919 For Sale in Denver, CO - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 3 Old 07-07-2015, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

2004 Honda 919 For Sale in Denver, CO

Let me know if you are interested.

Cut and paste from Craigslist....

I just got a new motorcycle, so Iím selling my 2004 Honda 919. Itís silver with 8,000 miles and in great shape. I will send pictures upon request. The tires only have 3,000 miles on them and they still have a lot of tread left. The Amsoil and Honda oil filter wonít need to be changed for another 7,000 miles. I have the factory service and shop manuals for the bike. It has a new K&N filter, I still have the stock air filter as well. I installed new spark plugs at 7,000 miles, not that it needed them, but I like to work on bikes, make them run the best that they can and maintain them. I installed new stainless steel brake lines that work so much better than stock it will blow your mind. It has a strong battery that has been kept on a Battery Tender. I installed small LED turn signals, an aftermarket LED brake light and aftermarket license plate holder that replaced the huge bulky factory ones. They make the bike look a lot cleaner. It comes with a custom made center stand. The bike didn't come with a center stand from Honda.
The bike has never been in a wreck of any kind. When I moved from downtown to the Broadway/Yale area, the moving company did lay it down before I got it in the garage. They almost caught it, but it softly hit the asphalt on the left (clutch) side. This resulted in a small ding in the gas tank, a very small scratch in the cylinder cover and a very small scratch on the seat cowl. The moving company gave me OEM replacement parts for all of these items. I still have the brand new, in the Honda Box, gas tank (retail value = $534), cylinder cover (retail value = $395) and seat cowl (retail value = $308). I never put them on because the damage is so slight it never bothered me much. You could put the new parts on, or you could sell them on ebay or whatever. The total retail value of these items is $1,237. That is a huge incentive to buy this bike.
Cycle World rated this bike one of the best used bikes that you can buy. Reference the article at this link:
Honda 919 Standard/Naked Best Used Bikes- CW’s Best Used Motorcycles: A smooth and highly refined all-rounder.
Another great resource for the 919 is the Wrist Twisters forum. You can learn a lot about the bike there and also find fellow Honda 919 lovers at this link. It would be a great place to sell or trade the extra parts:
Wrist Twisters - Motorcycle Forum
Test rides will be on a case by case basis. I need payment of $3,500 in cash or cashierís check. Donít let this one get away! Itís a wonderful bike, with tons of torque and horsepower in a sleek package that you will love.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 919-1.jpg (214.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 919-2.jpg (208.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 919-3.jpg (145.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 919-4.jpg (211.2 KB, 23 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-07-2015, 02:39 PM
Primus Pilus

Garage
That's actually a really decent price. I've gotten so used to the inflated prices of these I was expecting a much higher price tag. Best of luck with the sale! I wish I knew someone in the area who was shopping for one.

2002 919 40,000 miles
"racing is life...everything else is just waiting"
post #3 of 3 Old 07-07-2015, 03:20 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

GLWS!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode