06 919 parting out or whole - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 66 Old 12-11-2008, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

06 919 parting out or whole

hey guys i crashed my 919 about two months ago i just got to the point where i can walk good enough to really asess the damage... the WHOLE left side is toast as is the gas tank, forks and swingarm... im just puttin it up here to see if anyone can use any of the parts that it still has on it... im kinda in a jam here and could really use the money as skin grafts and xrays arent free... the engine mounting hole on the left side broke and the valve cover has a nice grind mark all the way thru... things like the seat, all three calipers, radiator& shroud, right side engine cover, stock right side pegs, right side mirror, coolant tank, ecu, and header pipe are what i noticed upon quick glance that are still intact. if anyone can use any 919 parts or is interested in the whole thing please drop a line... my email is [email protected]... if you need pix just let me know what of... i bought this bike new and it only had 8000 on the odo when i crashed... safe riding to all and watch your speed goin into those corners as thats where i went wrong

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 Old 12-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

You have mail!

post #3 of 66 Old 12-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Tirone is the Cool Dude

Ouch. Heal well dude.

Where did you lose it and what tires was she wearing at the time and how fast were you going?

post #4 of 66 Old 12-11-2008, 03:18 PM
919 City Pilot

get well pm sent

post #5 of 66 Old 12-11-2008, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy S View Post
Ouch. Heal well dude.

Where did you lose it and what tires was she wearing at the time and how fast were you going?
it was actually on the main road about 100 feet from my house... i was goin just about 60 with the stock rubber... from looking at the back tire i must have hit the back brakes too hard... sending me sliding into the side of an oncoming jeep cherokee... doctor was afraid i wouldn't be able to walk but im up and moving again... just hope anyone reading this uses my accident as a lesson that even if you took that turn faster a week before it may not happen the same next time... dont use the public roads as a test track

post #6 of 66 Old 12-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

post #7 of 66 Old 12-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

I think it is irrelevant what tires he had. Having a heavy foot on the rear brake is what caused his accident.

post #8 of 66 Old 12-11-2008, 04:04 PM
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

Sorry to hear about your accident. Good to hear that your up and moving again. Good luck with treatment and with parting out the bike.

post #9 of 66 Old 12-11-2008, 04:19 PM

sorry about your crash hope you heal up nicely take care :")

post #10 of 66 Old 12-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Sorry about the crash and the bike. Hope you heal up quick.

post #11 of 66 Old 12-11-2008, 05:20 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Good luck with parting the bike out and heal up quick. Good to hear you can walk.

'02 Honda 919 - She's the only one for me!

post #12 of 66 Old 12-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Tesserarius

Just think, If you'd been going faster, you would have missed him altogether!

post #13 of 66 Old 12-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Immune

Glad you are up and walking.

Will you be buying another bike someday?

post #14 of 66 Old 12-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Very sorry about your rude fall. But glad you are impressing docs with your recovery! Follow a healthy diet, nutritional supplements, rest, PT and Vitamin-E oil. I hope you make a quick, full recovery!

post #15 of 66 Old 12-12-2008, 06:13 AM
My friends call me Bill

Awards Showcase
Donation 

give us some pics bud
to assess the mess

post #16 of 66 Old 12-12-2008, 06:48 AM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Glad to hear that you are still alive. It's too bad about the bike how ever.

post #17 of 66 Old 12-12-2008, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtdgov View Post
Glad you are up and walking.

Will you be buying another bike someday?
if i had a job to go back to i'd have another bike already. i rode a klr 650 two years summer fall winter and spring. And yes my jerky reaction on the rear brakes had something to do with it but going higher than the posted speed limit(even only by 15 or 20) is going to be what the judge says was my error. and i agree with that... And also if i had been going any faster i would have went head on with the car right behind the jeep and i probably would be a vegetable or worm food right now. i never had a sportbike before and even owning this one for 5 months i was still learning its habits. i got over confident as these bikes are a bit heavier than their race derived siblings... had the bike been a cbr, zx, gsxr, or even 50 pounds lighter i may have made it thru the turn without incident but thinking about it i wouldnt have learned my lessson and maybe would have pushed it in some other turn and had worse results. this mistake cost me about 10k in bike/ financing plus im 100% sure im losing my licence for a bit as my driving record isnt pretty and i got a ticket for wreckless and failure to maintain lane. but if anyone feels that similar feeling of "Dont worry, I got this!" smack that false sense of reality right out of your head or have a friend do it cuz we as riders have no safety net other than what we can cram under our leathers. If you have to push your bike bring it to a track, and leave the need for speed there. I'll admit i dint always obey the posted limit but after losing my first brand new anything and basically throwin away all the money i saved not to mention all the time it took me to save it, i will definitely respect the rules of the road and obey.

post #18 of 66 Old 12-12-2008, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barton664 View Post
those are the bt56 bridgestones??
ya those are the bridgestone tires... they are still in good shape too... cant blame the rubber... this time and i hate Hate HATE to admit it... it had more to do with the loose nut behind the bars... and pix are coming soon...need help dragging out the bike cuz my left leg just aint up to it on my own

post #19 of 66 Old 12-12-2008, 10:53 AM
MuscleCar Nut

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wr3ncher View Post
ya those are the bridgestone tires... they are still in good shape too... cant blame the rubber... this time and i hate Hate HATE to admit it... it had more to do with the loose nut behind the bars... and pix are coming soon...need help dragging out the bike cuz my left leg just aint up to it on my own
If ya need help, let me know.....

Troy
67 Pontiac GTO
2003 Triumph Speedmaster
post #20 of 66 Old 12-12-2008, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67GTONUT View Post
If ya need help, let me know.....
LOL... ya i need help gettin this damn seat outta here!

post #21 of 66 Old 12-12-2008, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

i put this on another thread also but if anyone can help me i noticed before my crash a weld on the swing arm where its welded to the cast part that the rear shock bolts to. if this weld looks like it didnt get good penetration or looks like its not really welded together at all please get back to me.

post #22 of 66 Old 12-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Mc 9er

sorry to hear about the accident dude,heal up quick. at a quick glance,my weld looks fine.

c 9er
silver,the fasted colour
post #23 of 66 Old 12-15-2008, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=wr3ncher;260620]hey guys i crashed my 919 about two months ago i just got to the point where i can walk good enough to really asess the damage... the WHOLE left side is toast as is the gas tank, forks and swingarm
heres pics of the bike or whats left of it... the swingarm became totally detatched as result of moving it around but i disconnected the rear caliper from it and its still hooked up to the master cylinder. as you can see from the pic of the swingarm this was not a lil hit... im still amazing people with the fact im alive but heres some pics and let me know if yous want more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 919 (1).jpg (48.5 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg 919(2).jpg (32.6 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 919(3).jpg (35.1 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg 919(4).jpg (72.5 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg 919(5).jpg (59.4 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg 919(6).jpg (60.2 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg 919(7).jpg (45.6 KB, 54 views)

post #24 of 66 Old 12-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Damn that is bad. That tank is toast. Really glad that you are better than the bike!

post #25 of 66 Old 12-15-2008, 09:48 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

geesss... dude that was one bad wreck... really glad you are still here to tell us about it..

post #26 of 66 Old 12-15-2008, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

trust me im happy to be here. i still dont know how i got away with only a broke leg and two broken fingers... road rash is a given.. but im here and im here to stay... i know now the bike was just too much for me... not that i couldnt handle it but less power in my next bike would be better for me. i dont want the biggest and fastest bike anymore. i just want to ride. i have a nephew that just turned one and i want to see at least a few more birthday parties for him. not to say this is a dangerous bike... plenty of people ride busas and keep them upright and under the limit all the time... at the time i just wasnt responsible enough to have a bike like this.. .and im paying for it.. just to add tho i think i got a perfect 10 for hangtime upon impact... as far as i can remember i did 4 cartwheels and avoided landing on the car behind the car i hit. I would never want to be in the same situation again but having lived thru it, Damn! What a rush!

post #27 of 66 Old 12-15-2008, 10:33 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

it made your "honda gives you wings" statement come true??

post #28 of 66 Old 12-15-2008, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy S View Post
Ouch. Heal well dude.

to be more specific i live in west milford... being a jersey boy if you ever been to the hawks nest in port jervis, the roads around here are just as twisty.

post #29 of 66 Old 12-15-2008, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
oh yeah... at my highest point i actually thought "i can see my house from here." and i could.

post #30 of 66 Old 12-15-2008, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

as an anti speeding slogan id also like to put up a few pix of my injuries... im not sure what the rules are of pix of meat hanging out of a living being bein posted are. if they have to be taken down cuz of gore ill take them down but i just dont want to be banned for them so if anyone can give me guide lines its much appreciated

post #31 of 66 Old 12-15-2008, 01:48 PM
(oYo)

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
as an anti speeding slogan id also like to put up a few pix of my injuries... im not sure what the rules are of pix of meat hanging out of a living being bein posted are. if they have to be taken down cuz of gore ill take them down but i just dont want to be banned for them so if anyone can give me guide lines its much appreciated

You've aready covered your arse with that last post. Let's see some pics for educational purposes...

post #32 of 66 Old 12-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Aquilifer

can't any of you selfish pricks total a bike in the Pacific Northwest? save me some shipping costs?

post #33 of 66 Old 12-15-2008, 02:31 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

20+ years of metal fabrication says that is a bad weld...

post #34 of 66 Old 12-16-2008, 07:53 AM
Ride Offensively

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
if i had a job to go back to i'd have another bike already. i rode a klr 650 two years summer fall winter and spring. And yes my jerky reaction on the rear brakes had something to do with it but going higher than the posted speed limit(even only by 15 or 20) is going to be what the judge says was my error. and i agree with that... And also if i had been going any faster i would have went head on with the car right behind the jeep and i probably would be a vegetable or worm food right now. i never had a sportbike before and even owning this one for 5 months i was still learning its habits. i got over confident as these bikes are a bit heavier than their race derived siblings... had the bike been a cbr, zx, gsxr, or even 50 pounds lighter i may have made it thru the turn without incident but thinking about it i wouldnt have learned my lessson and maybe would have pushed it in some other turn and had worse results. this mistake cost me about 10k in bike/ financing plus im 100% sure im losing my licence for a bit as my driving record isnt pretty and i got a ticket for wreckless and failure to maintain lane. but if anyone feels that similar feeling of "Dont worry, I got this!" smack that false sense of reality right out of your head or have a friend do it cuz we as riders have no safety net other than what we can cram under our leathers. If you have to push your bike bring it to a track, and leave the need for speed there. I'll admit i dint always obey the posted limit but after losing my first brand new anything and basically throwin away all the money i saved not to mention all the time it took me to save it, i will definitely respect the rules of the road and obey.

Don't forget what we talked about on the phone, if we can work out the logistics and all......

Give it some more thought! And heal up!!!

I Can and will ride anything!
Bikes I own:
New addition 1978 CB750Four
2006 919
1994 home built springer
1984 KLR 600
1953 Servi-car (I gotta get this put back together)
1942 WLA (Gotta finish this one as well)
1985 Honda 200M ATC
1985 Honda ATC 70
1997 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4X4 ATV
Early 1984 Ironhead Sporty (Wife has laid claim to this bike)
1986 Sporty that I am putting a ironhead engine into
YEA BIGDAA I Gotta GUN!
It's not that I am punishing YOU, I am just taking YOUR money and giving it to LAZY Asses who refuse to get off the TIT of the Government...Obama to Joe the Plumber
post #35 of 66 Old 12-16-2008, 02:23 PM
It's like... ya know?

Hurts like hell to see a niner like that. Glad you came through it mate, make a speedy recovery and get back in the saddle!

post #36 of 66 Old 12-16-2008, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
can't any of you selfish pricks total a bike in the Pacific Northwest? save me some shipping costs?
turn your oven on broil and let me know when it gets above sixty outside ... how the hell do you ride up there.. jersey is even gettin too damn cold for me to handle... im finding screws holding bones together plus cold weather equals alot of tylenol

post #37 of 66 Old 12-16-2008, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
it did prove honda gave me wings but after my bad experience with that swingarm weld i'll be getting my wings from another manufacturer from now on... i dont have time or money to try and sue honda or the dealership that i'll leave out of it but they both seen the last of my money they're ever gonna see

post #38 of 66 Old 12-18-2008, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

pix of the crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000TJ View Post
You've aready covered your arse with that last post. Let's see some pics for educational purposes...
here goes these pix arent really for the faint or vegetarians but i hope someone seeing this will grow some brain cells and be more responsible with their bike than i was. these are the final resting place of my bike, my broken self on the stretcher(good thing no audio or video i was cursing up a storm) and the best shots i have of my injuries. my accident was pretty damn severe but it could have been worse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg squid 7.jpg (11.8 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg squid 6.jpg (12.6 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg squid 11.jpg (8.4 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg squid 10.jpg (31.8 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg squid 9.jpg (33.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg squid 8.jpg (23.4 KB, 20 views)

post #39 of 66 Old 12-18-2008, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

pix of the pain

Quote:
and because its not all about the bad even tho im sure someone out there is gettin major kicks out of my misfortune, heres some after shots of the healing process which has consumed the last two months of my life and is still on going... currently im able to walk... limping a bit of course but im making a speedy if not freakishly fast recovery for someone who was told i wouldnt walk again. the bloody mess to the left is where they took the skin from for the skin graft which is all the way on the right. the staples are where theres two metal screws(surgical stainless titanium coated so im told) that are half an inch wide and 3 inches long that had to be used to hold my tibial plateau together(shin bone right under your knee cap) the middle pic is of a hole that they just didnt know what to do with and they wired that badboy up with a couple stitches and prayed it would hold. the fourth to the right is just an overview of the whole mess but it hurt worse than it looks. both bones in the bottom half of my leg were broke. the tibial plateau was broken in 4 places and my fibula was snapped clean in half.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg squid 5.jpg (27.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg squid 4.jpg (21.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg squid 3.jpg (22.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg squid 1.jpg (30.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg squid 2.jpg (30.8 KB, 15 views)

post #40 of 66 Old 12-18-2008, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
and last but not least heres the pics of what it looked like healed up... the final pic is what it looks like today and probably gonna have that tattoo the rest of my life. the one pic is of a knee replacement only costs about $60,000 and lasts on average 7 years that very luckily i do not need. like i said i made a very good recovery so far and im noticing im better every day but not everyone will be that lucky so take care on the bike and try and steer clear of them oncoming SUV's. and i just want to say thanks again to everyone that was interested in how i was doin and everyone that has been helpin me by shoppin for parts.. to all you parts guys my paypal is all good today and ill be in touch with you for your parts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leg 1.jpg (31.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg leg 2.jpg (26.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg leg 3.jpg (27.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg leg 4.jpg (20.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg leg today.jpg (30.3 KB, 14 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode