VTR1000, Fireblade, Nighthawk thoughts? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 11 Old 03-02-2014, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Centurion

VTR1000, Fireblade, Nighthawk thoughts?

Im considering a change to what is called a VTR1000 here, I think you guys call them Nighthawks. 1000cc Vtwin Honda. The one Im looking at has Ohlins rear, racetech front and Jardine high pipes.

Any have one or ridden one? How do they compare to the 919?

Got part of the title wrong. Not Fireblade, they are called firestorms.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-02-2014, 05:33 AM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration 
Total Awards: 5

They are called super hawks here nighthawk is a 750. I had on for a short time. I would not own it as my only bike because mine got horrible gas mileage but fun as hell.

It's fun as u can loft the front off idle in first and 2nd gear.

and counting
post #3 of 11 Old 03-02-2014, 08:06 AM
Brain stolen again?

I had one. Funnest bike I ever owned. Lots of v-twin character. +1 on the mileage being bad.

Side note: cam chain tensioners are weak, but there is a work around.

I said I never had much use for one.
Never said I didn't know how to use it."
Mathew Quigley

post #4 of 11 Old 03-02-2014, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaa View Post
I had one. Funnest bike I ever owned. Lots of v-twin character. +1 on the mileage being bad.

Side note: cam chain tensioners are weak, but there is a work around.
Ive read up on the tensioners, one im looking at is low milage but would fit APE ones.

Im finding the 919 a little boring at times....

post #5 of 11 Old 03-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration 

if i could have more than 1 bike at a time the vtr1000 could be 1 of them though the rc51 would be that much better as it would not be a all day rider regardless superhawk or rc51.

and counting
post #6 of 11 Old 03-02-2014, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dcycle View Post
if i could have more than 1 bike at a time the vtr1000 could be 1 of them though the rc51 would be that much better as it would not be a all day rider regardless superhawk or rc51.
May I ask why not everyday?

post #7 of 11 Old 03-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase

no no it would be fine for small everyday rides.... for me work is 20 miles away and on a twisty road perfect for the superhawk as its only 20 miles hard to run outa gas in just 20 miles (though i did once when i first bought it at just shy of 95 miles on that tank) i just didnt like it for going on nice long rides to much stopping for gas..... there is a nice stretch of road up here (kangamangus highway for the locals) that is 60 miles from my house. once i get to town just before the highway i need to stop for gas because its like 40 miles to the next gas station.... not a place i want to run outa gas. then i get to the other side i need to get gas again because i cant make it back again.. real pain...

post #8 of 11 Old 03-02-2014, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Centurion

Quote:
no no it would be fine for small everyday rides.... for me work is 20 miles away and on a twisty road perfect for the superhawk as its only 20 miles hard to run outa gas in just 20 miles (though i did once when i first bought it at just shy of 95 miles on that tank) i just didnt like it for going on nice long rides to much stopping for gas..... there is a nice stretch of road up here (kangamangus highway for the locals) that is 60 miles from my house. once i get to town just before the highway i need to stop for gas because its like 40 miles to the next gas station.... not a place i want to run outa gas. then i get to the other side i need to get gas again because i cant make it back again.. real pain...
What year was yours? Guys here seem to get the same out of a tank as I do on the 919.

post #9 of 11 Old 03-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase

it was a 2000 with micron pipes and a dynojet kit (done b4 i got the bike) and was jetted up alot the jets looked like a garden hose ( very big hole) if i kept it was looking into a hrc kit for it i was told by my honda service rep that it leaned them down a little back in the day made them sweet. but could never find one (hrc kit that is) as they were rare in the day.

and counting
post #10 of 11 Old 03-02-2014, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Centurion

Quote:
it was a 2000 with micron pipes and a dynojet kit (done b4 i got the bike) and was jetted up alot the jets looked like a garden hose ( very big hole) if i kept it was looking into a hrc kit for it i was told by my honda service rep that it leaned them down a little back in the day made them sweet. but could never find one (hrc kit that is) as they were rare in the day.
I rode it just before and it felt fluffy up top. Its also got a dynojet stage 1 kit. One im looking at is a 07 so the bigger tank.

Great bike though....

post #11 of 11 Old 03-02-2014, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Centurion

Gunna test ride a 07 GSXR750 tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« BMW | 2005 cbr600rr »
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode