Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Show us your lightweight ...

6K views 45 replies 27 participants last post by  sike 
#1 ·
Woo-hoo!

Finally a little love for those of us that don't have to compensate for having small penises by having to have 150HP+ machines.

I'll start it off.

1989 NC30/VFR400R

See less See more
#29 ·
Girlfriend's 1988 CB450S

Well, I'm picking up a 919 this weekend (can't wait) but I have a lot of love for smaller bikes, especially this one. It's my girlfriend's 1988 CB450S - she had a Ninja 250 before, and this is probably the ideal bike for her now. It's small enough that she can easily touch both feet, big enough to ride two-up when we have to (we rode 350 km, round trip, on this bike last Saturday), and it will do 100+ mph / 160 km/h. Honestly, this is what people should be riding for a first or second bike instead of a 600 cc sportbike - it actually makes you a better rider, because you need to think about corner speed and rpms instead of just pointing and shooting.

We bought it last August with 7800 km on the odometer, and she has put about 6000 km on the clock. She loves this bike, and I don't blame her. They only brought this bike into Canada for one year (1988) but I think it looks pretty modern - they could sell it as a commuter / learner model for 2008 and I think they would get some buyers.

It's going to look pretty darn sweet sitting next to my 919, too.

Attachments

#31 ·
85 RZ350 Stage II internals 325lbs wet

0.040 forged pistons, daytona 400 carbs sans airbox KN 2 into 1 AF, ported, lt. flywheel, welded clutch basket, S/S water impeller, custom fitted forkbrace, steering dampner,
and fzr 600 rearskock with progressive spring. How much don't ask, but rides like nothing I've had before, haven't rode the 03 919 yet!

Attachments

#34 ·
Thks for the acknowledgements, yes its such a different experience 2 strokes corner with almost zero engine breaking... Tires sizes 90 X 18 front 110x 18 rear bias ply flex built into the frame, swingarm and forks; works remarkably well. Brakes are stock but work great even with my 220lbs to slow dwn.

#41 ·
Better than expected. Carillo said they can straighten the twist out of the rod. Pistons are in development and should have those in a couple weeks. We tracked down a complete gasket kit that can be sourced from Canada and the guy had 10 in stock. 2 are on the way to me. The fabulous Rick Oliver is on top of getting all the bearings, springs, spring retainers and other things I needed sent over as quick as he can. If the stuff from him gets here in a reasonable time frame I think it will be back together in about 3 to 4 weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.