Maybe I'm a little nutty... - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 02-24-2012, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Allons-y!

Garage
Maybe I'm a little nutty...

So theres a CBR around me... a really sexy 2005 Repsol 1000RR. The guy want's 6K for it but its oh so pretty. Debating whether or not I should go an look at it. Guys of my stature, 6'3", 230ish, don't look good on sport bikes, but I've always wanted one. The Repsol and an 03 600RR were two bikes, along with the 919, that I lusted after in HS.

Anyone have a CBR of the era? Any pointers or tips? Can someone of my size with a bad knee peacefully coexist with a CBR?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it" ~ Ayn Rand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhonda1987 View Post
So theres a CBR around me... a really sexy 2005 Repsol 1000RR. The guy want's 6K for it but its oh so pretty. Debating whether or not I should go an look at it. Guys of my stature, 6'3", 230ish, don't look good on sport bikes, but I've always wanted one. The Repsol and an 03 600RR were two bikes, along with the 919, that I lusted after in HS.

Anyone have a CBR of the era? Any pointers or tips? Can someone of my size with a bad knee peacefully coexist with a CBR?
hmm.... hows the 919 seating position for you (assuming you have a 919) ... flip out the passenger pegs... can you get your feet on them sitting on the bike in the standard seat position comfortably? (no joke) if so... then the knee issue shouldnt be a problem as the sportbike pegs are probably halfway between the passenger and normal pegs of the 919.

post #3 of 6 Old 02-24-2012, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Allons-y!

Garage
Yes, I have the 919. On longer rides, the bend does get to my knees, but I can stretch out and I'm usually good for a while.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it" ~ Ayn Rand

post #4 of 6 Old 02-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Le So Cal Troll

hmm im not sure about that year of cbr... i kno something like the cbr F4i was a pretty nice seated and leg position compared to the current day hunched over knees in chest position.

post #5 of 6 Old 02-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Canadian Blue

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Well the big thing that stopped me in my tracks from considering a CBR last year was the cost of insurance.
My advice is to make that call first.

post #6 of 6 Old 04-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Tirone

I wouldn't buy a cbr1000rr that is older than 2008. I have owned several 600's, and without question my 2009 cbr is the best "street" bike I have ever owned. So much tourqe, and it weighs the same as a 600. Oh..he is asking too much for that bike..u can find low mileage 2008s or 2009s for the same money

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode