CBR1000RR Heli Bars - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 12 Old 07-22-2008, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

CBR1000RR Heli Bars

I've recently wrecked my 919 and I'm waiting on word as to whether or not it is totaled. I've been thinking about upgrading to the '08 1000RR if my 9er is forced to retire. I'm interested in keeping some of the comfort, but I'd like a little more punch than the 919 has available. Has anyone ridden a 1000RR with Heli bars? If so how do they feel, how long can you ride comfortably, ect... I've decided that I'd like to add a set of Heli Bars, a more comfortable seat, and a Double Bubble Windscreen. Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-23-2008, 09:36 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin919 View Post
Any thoughts?
You mean aside from jealousy right?

post #3 of 12 Old 07-23-2008, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

I was interested in thoughts on the comfort level achievable on a CBR. Jealousy may be expressed, but keep in mind this is only research right now.

Also, I found the convertibars for the 1000RR. Those look very interesting, but I'm not sure how much to trust the adjustable mounts. Anyone tried them?

post #4 of 12 Old 07-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

FWIW: A 97' Ducati 900 SS with Helibars and a Sargent seat transformed this torture rack into the most comfortable Duc I've ever encountered.

post #5 of 12 Old 07-26-2008, 07:06 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

I've not ridden the 1KR. I have a 07 600RR with HeliBars. Blasphemy,perhaps, but for ME, it's more comfy than the 919.

I think you have a good idea. HeliBars not hard to put on. Took me a couple of hours, but I am very careful. May as well put on SS brake lines while you're at it.

post #6 of 12 Old 07-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Rider reborn

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

I'm get'n ready to put some "trac stars" (Heli-bars) on my GsxR750. Not cheap, but I hear they are worth it!

Lex Talionis
post #7 of 12 Old 07-28-2008, 05:59 AM
Tirone

Seems the Helibars comes with front brake line for the 08 cbr1000rr.

The bars are low but the reach seems short so even for my all torso 5'7" and short arms (it's the evolution away from apes man ), the ride position felt very similar to an sv650s with slightly raised bars.

I want one BAD!

post #8 of 12 Old 07-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Tirone

I just picked up an '08 RR this past Sat, and surprisingly it's pretty comfortable for a race-replica.

That being said, the riding position still blows for someone like me who dislikes clip-ons...

I'm planning on a set of Heli-bars, but I'm curious to see how far I can raise them, as I think the throttle cables will make contact with the fairing on the right side if I raise them more than an inch or so.

Oh, and as for the RR having a "little more punch" than the 9er...that sir, is the understatement of the year!

My sphincter is still puckered from that entrance ramp on the Merritt on the way to work this morning!

EDIT -

Hmmm...I just looked at the Helis for the '08, and it seems the throttle cables get flipped to the underside once the Helis are installed. 1 3/4" higher than stock, I love it!!!

post #9 of 12 Old 07-30-2008, 07:49 AM
Exhausted

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

You could always look at a LSL handle bar kit. They are not cheap but very well made and come with extended brake clutch lines if it's necessary. Not sure if there is a kit out for a 08 yet.
Mistermike and I rode our friends 07 GSXR with such a kit. What a differnce with the upright seating position. One side affect more wheelies from less weight on front end.

post #10 of 12 Old 07-30-2008, 07:55 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

It will definitely improve the riding position and comfort level. But, I would you'd still miss the leg room? Comments from any 919 folks?

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho for life!
post #11 of 12 Old 07-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

this is blasphemy

Buy my Pirelli supercorsa takeoffs. sizes 120/180
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrimmon View Post
...I'm slowly prepping the FZ...Goin to VIR with NESBA most likely next year since they are reasonably priced
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #12 of 12 Old 07-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Tirone

You could always look at a LSL handle bar kit. They are not cheap but very well made and come with extended brake clutch lines if it's necessary. Not sure if there is a kit out for a 08 yet.
Mistermike and I rode our friends 07 GSXR with such a kit.

LSL doesn't have a kit yet for the '08...I would prefer the LSLs over either Helis or Convertis given my druthers. I think I'll wait 'til next spring to get it done, maybe LSL will have a kit ready for my RR by then.

I sat on Phillipe's GSX-R with the LSLs up at the Dairy once, it was awesome!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode