busa issue - Wrist Twisters
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 10-18-2008, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
hellrazor3114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 93
Rep Power: 1
 
busa issue

ok as everyone knows I now own a 05 busa, well As of now I love everything about the bike. Today I rode the bike to work and on the way home I noticed that when I put it in gear it moves on its own like the clutch isnt totally disengaging, the clutch lever doesnt do anything untill about the last 1/4 part of pull. The hydrolic fluid for the clutch is also full. Could the 40 degree temp outside tonight have something to do with this or is it maybee something more severe?

theres no such thing as stupid questions only stupid people
hellrazor3114 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 Old 10-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member
 
RC51_CBRXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 10,498
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrazor3114 View Post
ok as everyone knows I now own a 05 busa, well As of now I love everything about the bike. Today I rode the bike to work and on the way home I noticed that when I put it in gear it moves on its own like the clutch isnt totally disengaging, the clutch lever doesnt do anything untill about the last 1/4 part of pull. The hydrolic fluid for the clutch is also full. Could the 40 degree temp outside tonight have something to do with this or is it maybee something more severe?
Has the fluid been changed? Sadly, I have found that many "Big Bike" owners are the worst for maintenance. They may check the tire pressure and lube the chain, but are usually all talk about knowing bikes. Many, many posers!

Change the fluid and I believe you have a lever throw adjustment. Adjust it to where you feel is best suited for your riding style.

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho for life!
RC51_CBRXX is offline  
post #3 of 14 Old 10-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Shiraz
 
Simpson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 2,684
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration Donation 
Total Awards: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51_CBRXX View Post
Has the fluid been changed? Sadly, I have found that many "Big Bike" owners are the worst for maintenance. They may check the tire pressure and lube the chain, but are usually all talk about knowing bikes. Many, many posers!

Change the fluid and I believe you have a lever throw adjustment. Adjust it to where you feel is best suited for your riding style.
+1 Yeah, what he said...
Check adjustments...

Simpson is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 Old 10-19-2008, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
hellrazor3114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 93
Rep Power: 1
 
ok I changed the fluid today by completely draining the system, then added new fluid, bled the system, but now the clutch doesnt work at all and there is no resistance to the cluth lever at all

theres no such thing as stupid questions only stupid people
hellrazor3114 is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 10-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Bitten
 
bloaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,451
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

keep bleeding the line. It will come to soon enough.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
bloaker is offline  
post #6 of 14 Old 10-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member
 
RC51_CBRXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 10,498
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrazor3114 View Post
ok I changed the fluid today by completely draining the system, then added new fluid, bled the system, but now the clutch doesnt work at all and there is no resistance to the cluth lever at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaf4iguy View Post
keep bleeding the line. It will come to soon enough.
As mentioned, you still have air in the line. Keep bleeding. It can come very easily at times and can take an ungodly amount of time at other times. A decent inexpensive bleed vacuum is a great thing to have. A great thing to put on Christmas and Birthday lists.

Unlock, smooth slow squeeze on the clutch lever, lock, release, unlock, smooth slow squeeze on the clutch lever, lock, etc. Get a rhythm down. Make certain it is nice and clear ... waste a little fluid if you must.

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho for life!
RC51_CBRXX is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 10-20-2008, 08:01 AM
What about the Creedence
 
2ohno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Burlington, NC
Posts: 3,339
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 
Total Awards: 2

Howd it go ? Those are the WORST about getting air in the lines -

" Any book is a childrens book , if the kid can read !"
Mitch Hedburg
2ohno is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 10-20-2008, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
hellrazor3114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 93
Rep Power: 1
 
yes they are definatially the worst so far, I actually bleed the thing so much that I went threw half a small bottle of brake fluid then it still didnt work. So I left it alone and was going to go 2marrow to get a vacume bleeder. While I was working on my garage I thought of a way that may work.... Tip th bike to its right side. With the help of my brother we tipped it so that the peg was almost on the ground and held it there wile we pumped the clutch handle, held the handle in wile sitting her up then cracked open the bleeder... Yay all bubbles came out and the clutch works great again...

theres no such thing as stupid questions only stupid people
hellrazor3114 is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 10-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member
 
RC51_CBRXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 10,498
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrazor3114 View Post
yes they are definatially the worst so far, I actually bleed the thing so much that I went threw half a small bottle of brake fluid then it still didnt work. So I left it alone and was going to go 2marrow to get a vacume bleeder. While I was working on my garage I thought of a way that may work.... Tip th bike to its right side. With the help of my brother we tipped it so that the peg was almost on the ground and held it there wile we pumped the clutch handle, held the handle in wile sitting her up then cracked open the bleeder... Yay all bubbles came out and the clutch works great again...
That's good news. Hopefully that will not be the max that the bike will ever see?!

RC51_CBRXX is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 12-14-2008, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
hellrazor3114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 93
Rep Power: 1
 
well the bleeding didn’t help I went out yesterday to move the bike from my in-laws garage into mine and the clutch wasn’t disengaging again even after it warmed up in my garage. Could it be the line going from the master cylinder to the slave? Or possibly my slave?

theres no such thing as stupid questions only stupid people
hellrazor3114 is offline  
post #11 of 14 Old 12-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Speed Lover
 
XRCajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 1,369
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Did you try adjusting the lever?

XRCajun is offline  
post #12 of 14 Old 12-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Go'n So slow I'm stopped
 
xrmikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,909
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 6

Sounds like a slave cylinder.
Check the push rod for binding &/or sticking. Grease well when reinstalling.

xrmikey is offline  
post #13 of 14 Old 12-14-2008, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
hellrazor3114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 93
Rep Power: 1
 
Yes the lever has 5 settings and I tried them all. I will be checking the slave whenever i get a chance. I am currently stuck at work since 2pm and here till atleast 8am.

theres no such thing as stupid questions only stupid people
hellrazor3114 is offline  
post #14 of 14 Old 12-15-2008, 08:12 AM
What about the Creedence
 
2ohno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Burlington, NC
Posts: 3,339
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 
Total Awards: 2

Have you cracked the bolts loose at the cyclinder and made sure there is no air trapped there ? Lots of times you and bleed a bottle of fluid through a system and still have some air trapped at the connections -

" Any book is a childrens book , if the kid can read !"
Mitch Hedburg
2ohno is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome