WTB: Integrated LED taillight with blinker for Honda CB600F (Hornet 599) - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 5 Old 08-04-2018, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
GoFast

WTB: Integrated LED taillight with blinker for Honda CB600F (Hornet 599)

Hello everyone,

The LED taillight on my wife's Honda CB600F (Hornet 599) is acting up where some of the LEDs do not light up - and if she hits a bump, the entire right side of the taillight goes dark, but will wake up on the next bump. (No, it is not from Lucas in the UK)

If anyone has one for sale, please let me know.

Thanks,

HP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-05-2018, 05:01 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Sounds like one or more cold solder joints. Very easy to repair with a soldering iron, look for joints that look like they have a cracked in them or look very dull, like grey instead of shiny silver. Heat the solder and add a tiny bit to freshen the joint.

post #3 of 5 Old 08-05-2018, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
GoFast

Thanks for the feedback, rmb.

I wiggled a wire (red) and some LEDs would light up, so I re-soldered that connection and put it back together. Then they were off again and I flicked them with my fingers - and they lit up again. So your solder joint comment is very appropriate and I may have more than one bad connection. What bothers me is that two rows of LEDs don't light up at all no matter what and two individual ones don't either.

I'll take the LED circuit board out again and get a magnifying glass to see if there is something I can see. I think my wife would be happier if I just replaced the whole LED board with brighter LEDs that actually work.

I may also see if I can find an LED strip (waterproof) I can screw between the license plate mounting screws to use as a brake light that really lights up if I can't get a brighter tail light.

Thanks again.

post #4 of 5 Old 08-05-2018, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
GoFast

Here are some pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180803_170113082_HDR-1280x720 copy_e.jpg (117.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180803_172412026_HDR-1280x720_e.jpg (296.6 KB, 6 views)

post #5 of 5 Old 08-07-2018, 07:47 AM
Milites Gregarius

Save yourself the hassle and just get the customled that g00gleit just posted. It’s worth the money at the $120 I bought mine for, so the $50 he’s asking for his is an absolute steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #6 of 5 Old 08-11-2018, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
GoFast

Steev et al,

I showed my wife the postings on this topic and web pages as it is her bike. Rather than buying a used one, she'd rather have one with warranty.

So we ordered one new for ~$40, which I have just installed. It is much brighter than the one she had - even if all LEDs had worked, especially when she hits the brake. And the blinkers are quite visible, too. So now we have a spare clear taillight lens and extra ballast resistors as I reused the old ones, after I made sure that everything was now tight and prevented from vibrating around as much as I could stop it.

Thanks for all your insights.

Guess we can close this topic now...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode