Side stand switch for 919 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 61 Old 03-24-2014, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Side stand switch for 919

By setting my bike on jack stands with a bar through the centre stand mounts, I have damaged the side stand switch. A portion of the switch has broken off. It still works but I would hate to be stranded in the middle of nowhere.
If anyone has a spare and willing to part with it. Please let me know.
Thanks

Arte et Marte
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 Old 03-24-2014, 10:25 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariannasdaddy View Post
By setting my bike on jack stands with a bar through the centre stand mounts, I have damaged the side stand switch. A portion of the switch has broken off. It still works but I would hate to be stranded in the middle of nowhere.
If anyone has a spare and willing to part with it. Please let me know.
Thanks

Can you bypass it if needed? I know Tuono riders do it a lot.

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #3 of 61 Old 03-24-2014, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Any simple switch can be bypassed. It's either normally open or normally closed. Short them leave or leave them open in an emergency, I just don't want to be in a jam somewhere all alone that's all.
You know how it is. I will forget all about this and one night while I'm out..... BAM! It'll take me an hour to remember this issue.

Arte et Marte

post #4 of 61 Old 03-27-2014, 02:43 PM
Ian

I looked around today but I don't have an extra one.

post #5 of 61 Old 03-27-2014, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Thanks for looking.

I'm hoping someone that has a wrecked 9er will have a spare switch. Know anyone?

I'll bump this thread once in a while.

Arte et Marte
post #6 of 61 Old 03-27-2014, 05:35 PM
Ian

Have you x-referenced it on Partzilla? I am willing to bet most the 2000 up honda street bikes use a similar trigger switch.

post #7 of 61 Old 03-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Ian

Found one for $4 on Ebay!

Side Stand Switch CB919 CB 919 CB900F Hornet Honda 03 F | eBay

Now find a WT member in Florida to receive and resend it for you! Since they wat $30 to ship to Canada! WTF!

post #8 of 61 Old 03-27-2014, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

I haven't cross referenced yet. I will have a look tonight.
I did see that $4 one and I did notice the shipping price. That's why I am looking here first.

Anyone on WT in that area???

Arte et Marte
post #9 of 61 Old 03-27-2014, 10:23 PM
Milites Gregarius

Im in miami, FL he charges 7$ to ship it to me im willing to recieve it and send it your way

post #10 of 61 Old 03-27-2014, 10:34 PM
Yo no sť nada

I live in Florida also only 100 miles from Ormond beach. Let one of us know.

post #11 of 61 Old 03-27-2014, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyke1019 View Post
I live in Florida also only 100 miles from Ormond beach. Let one of us know.
If you can ship it for about $15, I'm in! I'm in no hurry, so if you want to take a ride one day and grab it. That would be great!
Thanks. Let me know.

Arte et Marte
post #12 of 61 Old 03-27-2014, 11:20 PM
Yo no sť nada

Quote:

If you can ship it for about $15, I'm in! I'm in no hurry, so if you want to take a ride one day and grab it. That would be great!
Thanks. Let me know.
Cheapest shipping I've found is $23 through usps.

post #13 of 61 Old 03-27-2014, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:

Cheapest shipping I've found is $23 through usps.
Really?? I was sending t-shirts all over for about $8. Across canada and all the way to southern states.
At that price. I will probably just order a new switch from the dealer. At least then it's known to be serviceable with a return policy.
I thank you for the thought.
I'll wait I guess...lol
It's kinda hard to buy something that I don't need. Even if it is only $30

Arte et Marte
post #14 of 61 Old 03-27-2014, 11:39 PM
Yo no sť nada

Quote:

Really?? I was sending t-shirts all over for about $8. Across canada and all the way to southern states.
At that price. I will probably just order a new switch from the dealer. At least then it's known to be serviceable with a return policy.
I thank you for the thought.
I'll wait I guess...lol
It's kinda hard to buy something that I don't need. Even if it is only $30
That is looking online, and not sure exactly of price since it says" quote shipping". I could check at the post office to see exactly what it would be.

post #15 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Your call. No big deal. As stated, I'm in no hurry.

Either way, thanks

Arte et Marte
post #16 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 05:09 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 

If you ship it via USPS First Class International it's much cheaper

Here is a quote for a 1 lb package to Canada. I'm sure the switch weighs less than that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Canada Shipping.JPG (80.8 KB, 18 views)

post #17 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 05:42 AM
Honda919Rider #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike View Post

Here is a quote for a 1 lb package to Canada. I'm sure the switch weighs less than that.
FYI only and it's worth whatever value you place on this -

On eBay I add a fee for my packaging materials (costs .67 charge .84) and a couple bucks for my time (I don't have profits for shipping and handling costs built into the profits of my sales).

I do charge "retail" shipping - overall, at the end of the month, I make about 20-25% on "shipping and handling" and those "profits" go to pay for my boxes (9x6x2 mailer ML962), tape (I buy the good stuff), packing peanuts, copier paper (ain't cheap) and other related supplies.

Also, there are costs to create and maintain the "business". I pay quarterly estimated income taxes and operate to the letter of the law, collecting applicable sales taxes, etc - it is not easy to sell a lot on eBay, you go over $20,000.00 a year through PayPal and you're going to be reported to the IRS, and I do not know about you, but I like to have my ducks in a row when it comes to those folks.

That switch weights next to nothing, I would charge 6oz 1st Class international rates plus my other nominal fee's - I also only ship items boxed to nearly eliminate shipping damage - Bubble bags are nice and ship cheaper, but one damage claim removed all of those savings, and more....

eBay, eBay, eBay, I live it, more than I ever planned.....

If I had that switch, I'd give it away and usually pay shipping as well, it's just how I roll.

I do have a brake light switch for the handlebar is anyone ever needs one. I just have to remember where it is - need to inventory my stuff.....

Heading to Omaha this weekend to hopefully pick up a truckload of vintage NOS Kawasaki triple parts - happy days might be here again, wait, they never left.....

post #18 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

So what you're saying is, it costs about $20 for a small box and a little tape? I don't believe profit should be made from shipping. Just the product.

I think I may get into the box/tape business.

Arte et Marte
post #19 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Slid into a small bubble envelope it should be under $5 for shipping. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Spoiler:

post #20 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickard919 View Post
Slid into a small bubble envelope it should be under $5 for shipping. I'm sure it'll be fine.
That's my thought too.
I have always charged actual shipping fee. It's not hard to offer a cheap option with a damage disclosure attached to the agreement.

Arte et Marte
post #21 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 10:30 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase

I don't think it matters either way, as long as shipping and handling charges are disclosed up front. If they are unreasonable then I will look elsewhere. I'm sure some sellers use a low price as a teaser and then jack up the shipping costs to make a little extra profit.

Even with Amazon Prime and "free shipping" you have to be careful as sometimes you can buy the product much cheaper even with shipping charges added.

For OEM parts, I order them online (10% discount) from my local dealer and just have it shipped to the dealer for pickup. Usually cheaper than buying online.

post #22 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
I don't think it matters either way, as long as shipping and handling charges are disclosed up front. If they are unreasonable then I will look elsewhere. I'm sure some sellers use a low price as a teaser and then jack up the shipping costs to make a little extra profit.
Side Stand Switch CB919 CB 919 CB900F Hornet Honda 03 F | eBay

Case and point!

Arte et Marte
post #23 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 11:23 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Agreed. He may just not know all of the options for shipping international. Even if you go to the USPS Website, they steer you towards priority mail (the $30 option). From reading all of the exhaustive rules and disclaimers at the end of the auction, I would probably not want to buy it anyway.

post #24 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 11:37 AM
Honda919Rider #1

Quote:
So what you're saying is, it costs about $20 for a small box and a little tape? I don't believe profit should be made from shipping. Just the product.

I think I may get into the box/tape business.
No, to send a small box that weighs 6oz to most parts of Canada, I would offer 1st Class International as an option, $8.80 plus whatever my fee is to cover my costs of supplies, $2.00 is close, total $10.80

Here is as simple as it gets - if that is too much for you, please find a seller who can better meet your needs. And I'd thank you for your consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickard919 View Post
I've been selling on eBay since 1999 and have shipping thousands and thousands of items. I have over 600 active right now, plus work a full time job, so time is not something I have a lot of.

Damage claims take time, I've had items damaged in bubble bags, that's an exception. But, the costs of those damage units are not worth my time and effort, I'd rather know it's going to arrive safe and the only communications I'll have with the buyer are when they want to buy something else. The less communications, the better.

Quote:
That's my thought too.
I have always charged actual shipping fee. It's not hard to offer a cheap option with a damage disclosure attached to the agreement.
The problem is, at least on eBay, you play by their rules - and any disclaimer can and has been overridden. Plus, no one wins a pissing battle, if you can eliminate the chance of one, do it.

Quote:

Even with Amazon Prime and "free shipping" you have to be careful as sometimes you can buy the product much cheaper even with shipping charges added.

For OEM parts, I order them online (10% discount) from my local dealer and just have it shipped to the dealer for pickup. Usually cheaper than buying online.

AMEN!

Quote:
Agreed. He may just not know all of the options for shipping international. Even if you go to the USPS Website, they steer you towards priority mail (the $30 option). From reading all of the exhaustive rules and disclaimers at the end of the auction, I would probably not want to buy it anyway.
He may not want to sell overseas, I cut Canada off for two years because all I had was problem after problem with Canadians. The past couple of years have been good. I have the following countries blocked and will not do business with them, for a variety of reasons:

Quote:
Africa, Bahrain, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Macau, Malaysia, Oman, Philippines, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Yemen, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Virgin Islands (U.S.), Albania, Andorra, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Ukraine, Vatican City State, Bermuda, Mexico, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna, Western Samoa, South America

post #25 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 11:49 AM
Honda919Rider #1

Quote:
Priority Mail is the only way many shipments overseas can be insured online.

That may be why it is the only option.

As for the comments on the rules and disclaimers on eBay listings, many of these are required by eBay in order to meet certain criteria.

For the person who wants to sell a few items, it does not matter.

It's complex to do it right, a hassle even.

And ignorant or stupid buyers are quick to be blocked by me.

Over the years, I've found that if someone is a PIA before they buy, they are even worse afterwards. Again, it's never anything personal, it's pure business - I do not have time to deal with questions that are answered in the listing, nor do I have time to pack "cheap" -

You will not catch me bending over to pick up a penny when their is a buck within hands reach.

I don't want the "cheapster" customers, nor do I want the ignorant customers - I just had a guy buy a front brake line for a ATV.

He emailed me, said it is the wrong front brake line. I provide the OEM part number and description plus "fitment" (what models the part will go on). I do not have time to say exactly where a part goes - especially a $15.00 part. I expect a buyer to make some effort to see if a part is right or not. If not, welcome to my block list.

There are plenty of customers who see value in what I offer, they pay for it and they keep coming back.

They are happy, that makes me happy.

post #26 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post

No, to send a small box that weighs 6oz to most parts of Canada, I would offer 1st Class International as an option, $8.80 plus whatever my fee is to cover my costs of supplies, $2.00 is close, total $10.80

Here is as simple as it gets - if that is too much for you, please find a seller who can better meet your needs. And I'd thank you for your consideration.

I've been selling on eBay since 1999 and have shipping thousands and thousands of items. I have over 600 active right now, plus work a full time job, so time is not something I have a lot of.

Damage claims take time, I've had items damaged in bubble bags, that's an exception. But, the costs of those damage units are not worth my time and effort, I'd rather know it's going to arrive safe and the only communications I'll have with the buyer are when they want to buy something else. The less communications, the better.

The problem is, at least on eBay, you play by their rules - and any disclaimer can and has been overridden. Plus, no one wins a pissing battle, if you can eliminate the chance of one, do it.

AMEN!

He may not want to sell overseas, I cut Canada off for two years because all I had was problem after problem with Canadians. The past couple of years have been good. I have the following countries blocked and will not do business with them, for a variety of reasons:
Sorry Steve.
Clearly this is a touchy subject for you and I fully understand.
I almost get the feeling that your are the seller of this part I need....

Arte et Marte
post #27 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 01:08 PM
919 aka Hornet 900

When possible I try and buy things locally. Seems like, after you pay for shipping, you're not saving very much when buying online. And if whatever you buy is defective, you have to pay shipping again to get a warranty or exchange...

post #28 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Check other Hondas, it's probably a shared part. Try the CBR f4i.

Spoiler:

post #29 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

I really suck at x-referencing parts. I did an eBay check for honda stand switch and got a crap load of stuff. Most bikes from late 90s and up look like the same switch. I'll slowly keep an eye out for it.

Arte et Marte
post #30 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 07:56 PM
Honda919Rider #1

Quote:
Sorry Steve.
Clearly this is a touchy subject for you and I fully understand.
I almost get the feeling that your are the seller of this part I need....
Not touchy at all, I just live it everyday.

And I do it right, sometimes I think to a fault.

Thousands and thousands and shipments and satisfied customers, with a proven and documented business plan with a real P&L, it's a little more than a hobby for me.

If you buy a part from me, you'll know it. You'll have a tracking number within hours of paying for the item, I generally ship same day. Packaging is professional, bordering on overkill. Items are exactly as shown, and if you have any problem, I'll work with you. I meet all local, state and federal laws, pay my estimated earnings quarterly and submit any collected sales taxes as required.

All this takes work, if someone can't afford to pay a couple of bucks for this level of service, you're not the customer I want.

There are cheaper sellers out there, but none better.

No offense to anyone, that's just how it is.

post #31 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 07:56 PM
Yo no sť nada

Quote:

ok. got a quote on a pc instead of a phone. $8.80 is what i found.
$3.95 for switch
$6.85 shipping to me
$8.80 shipping to you (+/- $1)
$19.60 total
let me know .

post #32 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 07:58 PM
Honda919Rider #1

Quote:
I really suck at x-referencing parts. I did an eBay check for honda stand switch and got a crap load of stuff. Most bikes from late 90s and up look like the same switch. I'll slowly keep an eye out for it.
Depending on the age of the bike, www.zeeder.com sells some great software for cross referencing parts.

Partzilla.com is another one of my favorites.

Access to dealer parts sites also helps, but only for the newer stuff sometimes.

I've tried to download as much data as possibly. Creating spreadsheets that ID a part number (or bar code) and give the description, price/cost and many times list fitment data.

I'll run a list of parts through this program, sort it by the most profitable way, and cherry pick those parts first.

Rock and roll!

post #33 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 07:59 PM
Honda919Rider #1

dup

post #34 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:

ok. got a quote on a pc instead of a phone. $8.80 is what i found.
let me know .
That works for me. How you want to do this? PM me.

Arte et Marte
post #35 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 08:09 PM
Yo no sť nada

Quote:
That works for me. How you want to do this? PM me.
pm'd you

post #36 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 08:34 PM
Yo no sť nada

post #37 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Switch has been purchased by Spyke1019! Shipping arrangements are being made.
Thanks Spyke!

This is why people like Wristtwisters! One big family here.

Arte et Marte
post #38 of 61 Old 03-28-2014, 08:41 PM
Yo no sť nada

No problem, just glad I can help. HOPEFULLY I can buy Wolverines 919, just waiting to hear back from him.

post #39 of 61 Old 03-29-2014, 08:06 AM
Honda919Rider #1

Oh, finally, in regards to shipping costs - When I list items, 40-60 a day, I have to estimate the shipping costs, and I generally try to be a little (1-2 ounces) over the actual.

Sometimes it works out, sometimes it does not.

There is not time to quote exact actual amounts, if you've ever tried to post a lot of items, you understand......

Also, taking the customs requirements, insurance, other potential costs into account, well, I quit quibbling over pennies a long time ago and when it comes to my eBay business, it's "for profit" and I follow "the code".

That being said, I've done business with members of forums that I consider to be in good standing, it's actual shipping costs on those exceptions, and sometimes, well, no worries, here is the part -

HiJack mode off, glad the switch was found and costs were inline with the buyers expectations.

Most importantly, hopefully it works, arrives quickly/undamaged and everything works out for the best, that's the name of the game.

post #40 of 61 Old 03-31-2014, 05:36 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase

Here's a great example of unreal shipping cost

Service Honda has great prices on OEM parts, but when you get to the checkout....

$9 to ship the oil plug aluminum washer....something you could put into an regular envelope and mail for the cost of a stamp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Service Honda.JPG (53.7 KB, 15 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode