rear rack or hard side bags 919 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 13 Old 08-16-2012, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

rear rack or hard side bags 919

Around 4000 miles in the last couple months, and I'm wanting some sturdier and less"creative" ways to pack gear around. So if anybody has a rear cargo rack, rack/box, or hard side bags for sale shoot me a price and a picture. Also the location would be great so I can check into shipping..Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 21

FYI: If you have an aftermarket exhaust(slipons), some racks may need to be modified due to clearance issues. Stock exhaust should be no problem with GIVI or SWMOTECH. If you are thinking about going to a three bag system, plan ahead with the rack system you choose.

Doc

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
post #3 of 13 Old 08-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 2

Mine aren't for sale, but if you don't mind soft bags on the tail, I can recommend Ventura bags. Ain't cheap, but they mount in minutes. I have the Aero-Spada VII and Aero-Delta VII. Combined 80+ liters of storage. Just remove the tail handle, and the rack bolts right into the bolt holes. Just have to pack stuff in plastic trash bags.
http://www.ventura-bike.com/products/bikepack.aspx

That being said, it would be nice to have hard luggage.

So, where have you racked up all those miles? Sounds like fun!

Here's mine all loaded up.

...and just saw it was your first post! Welcome! If you plan on hanging around for a while, post some pics to the introduction thread.

My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
- Stephen Hawking

post #4 of 13 Old 08-17-2012, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Nice bikes guys! Good to know about the fitment issues, thanks! I don't plan on putting much aftermarket on the old girl, at least in the power department that is...Unless I find a heck of a deal on a set of slip ons sometime..either way I'd probably run stockers for the longer trips. The Ventura looks like a heck of a setup!I'm thinking a couple overtime days could be in order...looks to be money well spent! Hard side cases aren't to be had on the cheap either, but I could end up fabbing something up. There's a couple 20mm ammo cans sitting in the garage, hmmm. If you do by chance hear of something, send them my way thanks for the advice all!

post #5 of 13 Old 08-17-2012, 10:42 AM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo9er View Post
Hard side cases aren't to be had on the cheap either, but I could end up fabbing something up. There's a couple 20mm ammo cans sitting in the garage, hmmm. If you do by chance hear of something, send them my way
I have thought about using ammo cases too. I have one old school metal one, but it's not very big. I have two plastic ones from Cabela's that I got for free when I ordered bulk ammo. I don't think it would be too difficult to figure out how to mount them.

My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
- Stephen Hawking
post #6 of 13 Old 08-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Discen

I will second the recommendation for Ventura system. I have it on mine. I leave the 'sport rack' on it almost all the time for daily use of hauling lunch to work, and/or smaller items that are rigid enough to secure to the rack without damaging them. But the large bag/pack is great for larger storage. Just a few minutes and you switch out the rack to the taller one to support the tall bag.

I would imagine with a Ventura pack + a tank bag + a backpack you could pack enough stuff for a decent length trip.

I just looked at the prices...They've gone up quite a bit since I got mine. Not sure I would fork out that much cash when compared against the cost of hard sided bags if I had to do it all over again.

Good luck!

2006 Honda 919
post #7 of 13 Old 08-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolff View Post
I just looked at the prices...They've gone up quite a bit since I got mine. Not sure I would fork out that much cash when compared against the cost of hard sided bags if I had to do it all over again.

Good luck!
+1. I've had mine for several years and they've gotten a bit more pricey.

- Stephen Hawking
post #8 of 13 Old 08-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Optio

Garage
Love my Ventura racks. Bought them from a member here this spring. Thought it would be handy for long trips. Ended up using them all the time. The big bag will ever hold a 5000 round case of 22lr and a baby monitor in the main compartment with room to spare. Makes the front end a little light though. Lol

2016 Honda Africa Twin
2007 Honda 919
1998 Kawi ZX9R (Sold)
post #9 of 13 Old 08-17-2012, 09:11 PM
Dragon Slayer

You wish you had these.

post #10 of 13 Old 08-17-2012, 09:59 PM
"CERTIFIABLE"

Garage

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award Extraordinary Ride Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 3

Well if you're handy, and don't care too much how it looks, anything is possible.
SEAHORSE SIDE CASE INSTALL - kphenix's Photos

https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/...ect-28732.html

These cases work like a charm.
post #11 of 13 Old 08-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Back in the day

+1 on the Ventura bag and rack.
I have had it for five years and use it daily. Great grocery getter. Hauled all kinds of things with it, with and without the bag.

post #12 of 13 Old 08-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
You wish you had these.

THAT is the set up I want for the sides. Only, I want it with the sw-motech mounting racks.

Arte et Marte
post #13 of 13 Old 10-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo9er View Post
Around 4000 miles in the last couple months, and I'm wanting some sturdier and less"creative" ways to pack gear around. So if anybody has a rear cargo rack, rack/box, or hard side bags for sale shoot me a price and a picture. Also the location would be great so I can check into shipping..Thanks!

I have a set of Givi hardcases for sale, with keys, model #E21N, $145.00

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode