Hornet 919 Exhaust? - Wrist Twisters
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-07-2015, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Northern Hornet
 
Guyy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Sudbury
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 1
 
Hornet 919 Exhaust?

Hello,

Looking to purchase new/used high mount aftermarket exhaust slip ons for my 2003 hornet 919 that are preferably carbon fiber or at least black in colour. If anybody has a set for sale please let me know!

Guyy22 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 07-07-2015, 02:54 PM
Optio
 
bartsitarski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL (Chicagoland)
Posts: 890
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
bartsitarski is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 07-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Optio
 
bartsitarski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL (Chicagoland)
Posts: 890
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsitarski View Post
I should point out that I had this set and really liked it. Just decided to go the low mount route.

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
-Michael Jordan
bartsitarski is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 Old 07-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Tirone
 
8Biker6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Fakeville
Posts: 66
Rep Power: 1
 
I've got the above on my 919, sound pretty good.

Since they're fairly open/non restrictive, I've heard they can be tough to get decent Power Commander maps for, but I don't use PC on my 919.

Simple File Sharing and Storage.
Simple File Sharing and Storage.

Mine were painted black before I purchased the bike.

8Biker6 is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 07-08-2015, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Northern Hornet
 
Guyy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Sudbury
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsitarski View Post
I should point out that I had this set and really liked it. Just decided to go the low mount route.
Did you notice excessive noise travelling on the highway with the dan motos? I know the baffectomy are really loud and irritating sound at highway speeds (need earplugs).

Guyy22 is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 07-08-2015, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Northern Hornet
 
Guyy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Sudbury
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Biker6 View Post
I've got the above on my 919, sound pretty good.

Since they're fairly open/non restrictive, I've heard they can be tough to get decent Power Commander maps for, but I don't use PC on my 919.

Simple File Sharing and Storage.
Simple File Sharing and Storage.

Mine were painted black before I purchased the bike.
I might get a commander one day but for cost purposes not yet. Without the power commander is there a drop in the bikes performance?

Guyy22 is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 07-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Optio
 
bartsitarski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL (Chicagoland)
Posts: 890
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyy22 View Post
Did you notice excessive noise travelling on the highway with the dan motos? I know the baffectomy are really loud and irritating sound at highway speeds (need earplugs).
Yep. They're loud. But the sound didn't bother me. Different from the stock cans with baffle removed. Deeper maybe, would be a good way to describe it.

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
-Michael Jordan
bartsitarski is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 07-08-2015, 07:13 PM
Tirone
 
8Biker6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Fakeville
Posts: 66
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyy22 View Post
I might get a commander one day but for cost purposes not yet. Without the power commander is there a drop in the bikes performance?
I've never had a bike with Power Commander on it, so I can't really say. Most people seem to just say it feels smoother at lower speeds (ie, first gear going 0-10mph isn't so jerky), and maybe a bit more responsive, but sheer power isn't really hugely, if any improved.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsitarski View Post
Yep. They're loud. But the sound didn't bother me. Different from the stock cans with baffle removed. Deeper maybe, would be a good way to describe it.
They never bothered me, but I wear ear plugs 95% of the time I ride, 100% of the time if I'm going to be going more than 50mph. I have a Bell RS-1 helmet and there's a lot of wind noise.

8Biker6 is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 07-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Optio
 
bartsitarski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL (Chicagoland)
Posts: 890
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Biker6 View Post
I've never had a bike with Power Commander on it, so I can't really say. Most people seem to just say it feels smoother at lower speeds (ie, first gear going 0-10mph isn't so jerky), and maybe a bit more responsive, but sheer power isn't really hugely, if any improved.
The same can be achieved by doing the flapper mod and PAIRS removal. Since I did those two, smooth as silk.

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
-Michael Jordan
bartsitarski is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome