5Likes
  • 2 Post By dpeddle
  • 1 Post By dpeddle
  • 1 Post By Sniper-x
  • 1 Post By CKutz_GO

post #1 of 20 Old 03-24-2017, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

***SOLD***FS: 2006 Honda 919

Located in northern Indiana, in very good condition. This bike comes with some nice upgrades like bar end mirrors, adjustable levers, braided steel front brake line, billet front sprocket cover, LED tail light, low profile turn signals. Tires are in good shape, rear like new. Has debaffled stock mufflers which gives it a nice throaty sound without being too loud. Runs, rides and stops awesome, just looking for a big sport tourer.

I don't seem to be getting PM notifications, so please be patient if I don't respond right away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0323171849.jpg (352.1 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg 0323171850.jpg (270.2 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg 0323171851b.jpg (326.3 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg 0323171851.jpg (358.2 KB, 64 views)
SquirrelNut and CB 919 like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 03-24-2017, 03:05 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

How much are you asking?

post #3 of 20 Old 03-24-2017, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Wow, that was dumb to forget the price! Asking $3800 or best
CB 919 likes this.

post #4 of 20 Old 03-24-2017, 06:48 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Who makes that rear rack and is there another part to it?

it looks like it attaches at the rear hold down, but has arms that come down and I can't tell if they attach somewhere. The back plate looks like it has a quick disconnect knob or something.

I don't think I've seen one with the arms that come down the body work like that one does.

It kinda looks like it would have side and top containers, but I don't see any place where it would attach to the bar. What do those side bars do if they don't attach side bags?

post #5 of 20 Old 03-25-2017, 07:39 AM
Optio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlJay View Post
Who makes that rear rack and is there another part to it?

it looks like it attaches at the rear hold down, but has arms that come down and I can't tell if they attach somewhere. The back plate looks like it has a quick disconnect knob or something.

I don't think I've seen one with the arms that come down the body work like that one does.

It kinda looks like it would have side and top containers, but I don't see any place where it would attach to the bar. What do those side bars do if they don't attach side bags?
Looks like a Givi rack.

GIVI 256FZ Top Rack to fit Monolock or Monokey Top Cases for Honda 919 '02-'07 | TwistedThrottle.com

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
-Michael Jordan
post #6 of 20 Old 03-25-2017, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

It is a Givi rack. Givi makes another set of pieces that attach to this rack to attach side cases. As it is now, this one will only hold a top trunk

post #7 of 20 Old 03-25-2017, 01:21 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

It looks like it has an attachment mid way down that side bar, about the middle of the pass seat. So what does it do, does it have a bracket that slides under the bodywork and comes out to support that side bar?

Are those side bars designed so that you can attach side bags and have them not hit the body work?

The reason I ask is that my side bags have seen better days and I was looking to fab up a system to hold them away from the body work.

I imagine its some cast alum alloy the form fitted to go under the bodywork up to some frame support. I don't see how the side bags attach to it, but that's not a problem. I guess those two screws on the rear handle must be pretty strong.

Edit: Found a better break down pic of the mounting system here:
http://www.motorcycleplanet.co.uk/pr...cb-900-hornet/

Even found a detailed instruction PDF here:
http://old.itlcanada.com/internal2/i...s/076fz256.pdf

post #8 of 20 Old 03-26-2017, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

I don't have them anymore, but the side bag mounts had a bar extending from the rear rack down to the pin on the passenger pegs. I don't believe anything went under the bodywork.

post #9 of 20 Old 03-26-2017, 10:31 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeddle View Post
I don't have them anymore, but the side bag mounts had a bar extending from the rear rack down to the pin on the passenger pegs. I don't believe anything went under the bodywork.
From the pic (upper left) in the .PDF, there's a tab that mounts under the body work just above where the muffler bends.

The bolt number is 5 in the PDF.

I think they'd have to have at least two points of contact with a bar like that, otherwise, it wouldn't hold much weight.

I do like the one lock system. I haven't used one before, but it would be nice to have a quick disconnect luggage system.

post #10 of 20 Old 03-27-2017, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Ah, you meant the top rack supports - yes, they have a mount under the bodywork. The side bag mounts attach to the rear rack, passenger peg mount and across to each other at the very back. The Givi design was nice and stable, I just didn't have the garage space for a 919 that wide at the time!

post #11 of 20 Old 04-17-2017, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Removed the Givi rack, billet front sprocket cover and LED running lights, price dropped to $3500 obo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0407171544~2.jpg (277.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 0407171545a~2.jpg (303.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 0407171546a~2.jpg (247.3 KB, 34 views)

post #12 of 20 Old 05-11-2017, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

bump

post #13 of 20 Old 05-12-2017, 08:29 PM
Tesserarius

That's a bargain. I wish l needed it.

I am glad that you are all the way across Indiana. Id be tempted.
dpeddle likes this.

post #14 of 20 Old 05-30-2017, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

bump again... I figured at $3500 obo this thing would vanish!

post #15 of 20 Old 05-30-2017, 02:25 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Quote:
bump again... I figured at $3500 obo this thing would vanish!
Where are you running the ads? Basically running ads here isn't going to get much action as most of us already have one. IMO, the price isn't the issue, 3500 is a good price, you just have to get the word out. Have you tried eBay? I was all over eBay and CL when I was looking for mine.

post #16 of 20 Old 05-31-2017, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Good points. It's on CL, but forgot about eBay.

post #17 of 20 Old 05-31-2017, 04:10 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Quote:
Good points. It's on CL, but forgot about eBay.
I'm not sure how much difference it makes. I was looking for a bike years ago, I was down to 3 or 4 models that I wanted and I searched everywhere.

The 919 is a UJM and IMO, many people should want it. However, it's not a sport bike or a cruiser, and some will never take a standard over a sport or cruiser. The point is that you have to look and keep looking for the buyer, at the same time, the buyer that wants a 919 (like me years ago) was looking like a hound for what I wanted.

It took me a LONG time to find what I wanted. I almost hit on a ZRX and then on a Monster, the 919 showed up and it seems more rare than the Monster and maybe along the lines of the ZRX...

Point: most of your buyers are looking for you... if they aren't there, you have more buyers that don't know about it. In business, we call this educating the public. You have to educate the public about the 919... eBay with some slick action shots... one of those "motorcycle trader sites", etc...

post #18 of 20 Old 06-02-2017, 05:36 AM
Tesserarius

to his point ^
You might want to include some tags in your CL ad if you don't have them already, just add a line at the end
tags: monster, naked, cbr, sportbike, hawk, hornet, standard, 900rr. etc. anything you can think might get it into someone's search results who might be interested. Lots of people don't know that they want a 919 till they find out they exist haha
dpeddle likes this.

post #19 of 20 Old 06-02-2017, 02:42 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKutz_GO View Post
to his point ^
You might want to include some tags in your CL ad if you don't have them already, just add a line at the end
tags: monster, naked, cbr, sportbike, hawk, hornet, standard, 900rr. etc. anything you can think might get it into someone's search results who might be interested. Lots of people don't know that they want a 919 till they find out they exist haha
Excellent point, I ran my ads without any of that and didn't get too much of a response. I'm going to have to remind myself of that next ad I run.

I wonder if there's some "auto re-run" app for CL where it re-ups the ad every so often.

post #20 of 20 Old 07-05-2017, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

SOLD.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode